Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 83 of 83

Thread: Rush to judgment on Big Ben wrong

  1. #81
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,054

    Re: Rush to judgment on Big Ben wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Where there's smoke there's fire may be a bad cliche to use in this instance. All I'm saying is he has now been accused twice of the same crime, guilty or not. I am one of those folks that don't believe every woman out there is a gold digger. Now that two women have accused I have to believe that although Idon't believe he's guilty, he does something that doesn't sit well with women, where there's smoke there's fire, so to speak.

    I never said going out to celebrate your birthday is a problem in and of itself. It is a problem when you try and shag some chick in the bar that you just met and it goes wrong, whatever "going wrong may mean". If this type of behavior and charges being leveled was a common occurrence with other high profile football players then I'd say, "no big deal". It seems Ben struggles with people skills and women.

    Pappy
    The only difference I see between our viewpoints is that you thought he must have done "something" to irk this women and should have been smarter about this kind of thing before we knew he'd even actually touched her.

    If you have no problem with him going to the bar, then we don't disagree on much. It seems we only disagree on at what point we had a problem with his behavior. I didn't think (because of a lack of evidence/facts) that he had done anything worth being upset about until he came out and said that they were getting freaky in a bathroom.

    Dunno. I typically don't rush to assumptions, but try to wait for enough information to make an informed decision. I guess I'm not really sure what we're debating anymore if anything lol.
    I've been out on the town with some fairly high profile (nothing at the level of Ben, more like an offensive lineman) athletes at one time or another and here's how we had a good time and they got laid. We'd go out bar hopping or party hopping, etc, they would meet fans at every stop, if any particular young lady seemed willing she was given a phone number and a time to contact him and an explanation that it really isn't a good idea to be seen here for her or him.

    If she contacted him, they screwed their brains out in the privacy of his apartment, house or hotel and she left, no harm, no foul. My biggest problem with Ben's night out was he wasn't sure why he was out. If he was out for a piece of @ss, fine, do it discreetly. If he was out with the guys, well, then he should have just had a good time with the guys and then went home (feel free to make the booty call once you're home).

    He just seems to enjoy taking unnecessary risks, IMO.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  2. #82
    Pro Bowler eniparadoxgma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kensucky
    Posts
    2,093

    Re: Rush to judgment on Big Ben wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Where there's smoke there's fire may be a bad cliche to use in this instance. All I'm saying is he has now been accused twice of the same crime, guilty or not. I am one of those folks that don't believe every woman out there is a gold digger. Now that two women have accused I have to believe that although Idon't believe he's guilty, he does something that doesn't sit well with women, where there's smoke there's fire, so to speak.

    I never said going out to celebrate your birthday is a problem in and of itself. It is a problem when you try and shag some chick in the bar that you just met and it goes wrong, whatever "going wrong may mean". If this type of behavior and charges being leveled was a common occurrence with other high profile football players then I'd say, "no big deal". It seems Ben struggles with people skills and women.

    Pappy
    The only difference I see between our viewpoints is that you thought he must have done "something" to irk this women and should have been smarter about this kind of thing before we knew he'd even actually touched her.

    If you have no problem with him going to the bar, then we don't disagree on much. It seems we only disagree on at what point we had a problem with his behavior. I didn't think (because of a lack of evidence/facts) that he had done anything worth being upset about until he came out and said that they were getting freaky in a bathroom.

    Dunno. I typically don't rush to assumptions, but try to wait for enough information to make an informed decision. I guess I'm not really sure what we're debating anymore if anything lol.
    I've been out on the town with some fairly high profile (nothing at the level of Ben, more like an offensive lineman) athletes at one time or another and here's how we had a good time and they got laid. We'd go out bar hopping or party hopping, etc, they would meet fans at every stop, if any particular young lady seemed willing she was given a phone number and a time to contact him and an explanation that it really isn't a good idea to be seen here for her or him.

    If she contacted him, they screwed their brains out in the privacy of his apartment, house or hotel and she left, no harm, no foul. My biggest problem with Ben's night out was he wasn't sure why he was out. If he was out for a piece of @ss, fine, do it discreetly. If he was out with the guys, well, then he should have just had a good time with the guys and then went home (feel free to make the booty call once you're home).

    He just seems to enjoy taking unnecessary risks, IMO.

    Pappy
    I agree that it seems like he gets his freak on in some decidedly risky ways it would seem. However, originally I had no idea that he'd even done anything with the accuser (no one other than the two in question did). Yet, many people were already stating he'd taken unnecessary risks. My whole point is that being accused of something doesn't equal any kind of actual guilt...

    I'm not sure what you mean by him not knowing why he went out. I'm assuming he knew why he went out, whether it was to celebrate his birthday, make an appearance, or to get some dome...but maybe he just went out and decided on the fly that he would try to get a little sumthin' sumthin' while he was out? Hell if I know.

    I do think I understand your point though. Being a celebrity with a civil case like he has hanging over his head he should definitely find more discreet ways to hook up with girls. I

    Bah, I feel like a broken record. What do we disagree about, Pap?
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

  3. #83
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,054

    Re: Rush to judgment on Big Ben wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Where there's smoke there's fire may be a bad cliche to use in this instance. All I'm saying is he has now been accused twice of the same crime, guilty or not. I am one of those folks that don't believe every woman out there is a gold digger. Now that two women have accused I have to believe that although Idon't believe he's guilty, he does something that doesn't sit well with women, where there's smoke there's fire, so to speak.

    I never said going out to celebrate your birthday is a problem in and of itself. It is a problem when you try and shag some chick in the bar that you just met and it goes wrong, whatever "going wrong may mean". If this type of behavior and charges being leveled was a common occurrence with other high profile football players then I'd say, "no big deal". It seems Ben struggles with people skills and women.

    Pappy
    The only difference I see between our viewpoints is that you thought he must have done "something" to irk this women and should have been smarter about this kind of thing before we knew he'd even actually touched her.

    If you have no problem with him going to the bar, then we don't disagree on much. It seems we only disagree on at what point we had a problem with his behavior. I didn't think (because of a lack of evidence/facts) that he had done anything worth being upset about until he came out and said that they were getting freaky in a bathroom.

    Dunno. I typically don't rush to assumptions, but try to wait for enough information to make an informed decision. I guess I'm not really sure what we're debating anymore if anything lol.
    I've been out on the town with some fairly high profile (nothing at the level of Ben, more like an offensive lineman) athletes at one time or another and here's how we had a good time and they got laid. We'd go out bar hopping or party hopping, etc, they would meet fans at every stop, if any particular young lady seemed willing she was given a phone number and a time to contact him and an explanation that it really isn't a good idea to be seen here for her or him.

    If she contacted him, they screwed their brains out in the privacy of his apartment, house or hotel and she left, no harm, no foul. My biggest problem with Ben's night out was he wasn't sure why he was out. If he was out for a piece of @ss, fine, do it discreetly. If he was out with the guys, well, then he should have just had a good time with the guys and then went home (feel free to make the booty call once you're home).

    He just seems to enjoy taking unnecessary risks, IMO.

    Pappy
    I agree that it seems like he gets his freak on in some decidedly risky ways it would seem. However, originally I had no idea that he'd even done anything with the accuser (no one other than the two in question did). Yet, many people were already stating he'd taken unnecessary risks. My whole point is that being accused of something doesn't equal any kind of actual guilt...

    I'm not sure what you mean by him not knowing why he went out. I'm assuming he knew why he went out, whether it was to celebrate his birthday, make an appearance, or to get some dome...but maybe he just went out and decided on the fly that he would try to get a little sumthin' sumthin' while he was out? Hell if I know.

    I do think I understand your point though. Being a celebrity with a civil case like he has hanging over his head he should definitely find more discreet ways to hook up with girls. I

    Bah, I feel like a broken record. What do we disagree about, Pap?
    Probably not enough to continue down this path at this time; however, I reserve the right to recall the witness to the stand at a later date and time.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •