Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steelers have reached agreement with former Bills tackle

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers have reached agreement with former Bills tackle

Hasn't Jon Scott played OG as well?

Is he a chance to play RG seeing as how he knows what Kugler will demand of him?

Smart buys today from the Steelers, depth is now covered, possibly 2 starters (Scott at RG & Will Allen at FS) & the freedom on Draft Day to go out & get an impact player or two.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Nate Wiggins CB
    2. Ricky Pearsall WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Put me in with those that think this doesn't change our draft strategy at all. These are moves for depth. Talk of Earl Thomas reminds me of the versatility that Carnell Lake had, although he played LB at UCLA, didn't he?

Starter

User Info Menu

I view these recent signings from the perspective of the team adding more "Mewelde Moore type" journeyman depth. And i like others do not believe that it impacts our prior/current Draft needs in any significant fashion.

Does it mean Iupati, Haden, Wilson or even a surprise pick like MCcourtey are out of consideration ?,.. no. Does it mean Mays, Thomas or Odrick are out ?,,.. no.

But i will say that for those of you whom believe the pick will be and or would like for it to be a LB such as MCclain or Weatherspoon,.....you may very well be dissapointed. Why,...we already have a guy on the roster that is a better LB than Timmons in Fox,....and yet Tomlin refuses to allow him to start. ( Even to the reported chagrin of the Defensive coaching staff)

What makes anyone believe that he'd (Tomlin) go along with Drafting a backer that he could not justify keeping off of the field as a starter in place of Timmons ? There could be no more excuses (For him or Timmons) to do so if one of those guys where to come in and outperform Timmons in every sense,.. every time they stepped on the field at practice/camps right before everyone's very eyes.

As i said before,.. i'm no longer giving Tomlin the "business" for his views on personnel, (Can't do anything about it)... but,..i will keep it real.
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...lCzar76Sig.jpg

"We’ll have a mix-and-match concept that hopefully will see us through.” ~Tomlin

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What makes you say that Fox is better than Timmons? I find it hard to believe that Tomlin wouldn't start the better player, no matter who he drafted. He signed Fox as a FA as well, so what is the difference? By that definition, they are both his "boys".

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    Consider also that Adam....whatever is projecting that we receive 3 comp picks. 2 5th rounds and one 7th round. So if he is accurate in his prediction this year we have 3 extra picks. We can move up to grab a player we want and still have a number of picks at our disposal.
    With the signings of Allen, Battle and Scott I think we will have Comp Picks taken away from us. We will not get 3 now.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

What makes you say that Fox is better than Timmons?
    Aside from actually being an ILB NW,.. he's (Fox) more disciplined, more intelligent, stronger than and more physical than Timmons.

"We’ll have a mix-and-match concept that hopefully will see us through.” ~Tomlin

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    What makes you say that Fox is better than Timmons? I find it hard to believe that Tomlin wouldn't start the better player, no matter who he drafted. He signed Fox as a FA as well, so what is the difference? By that definition, they are both his "boys".
    czar has an issue with Timmons and no matter what Timmons does it will never be good enough.

I'm starting to think he's Timmons' daddy and living vicariously through him...so unless Timmons is perfect it's just not good enough.

Starter

User Info Menu

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "NW Steeler":tusbhp5t
    czar has an issue with Timmons and no matter what Timmons does it will never be good enough.

I'm starting to think he's Timmons' daddy and living vicariously through him...so unless Timmons is perfect it's just not good enough.[/quote:tusbhp5t]

I think you mean to say that Tomlin looks at him as a father attempting to live through him.
    It's not personal for me at all,.....i simply abhor the foolishness of wasting 1st rnd draft selections of an organization that i would like to see remain strong because of one man's (Tomlin) desire to do as much. (Live vicariously through a player and or put their success before that of the Franchise because of some great PERSONAL affinity)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    Consider also that Adam....whatever is projecting that we receive 3 comp picks. 2 5th rounds and one 7th round. So if he is accurate in his prediction this year we have 3 extra picks. We can move up to grab a player we want and still have a number of picks at our disposal.
    With the signings of Allen, Battle and Scott I think we will have Comp Picks taken away from us. We will not get 3 now.

what's up O?

these signings will not factor into this year's compensatory picks, but will rather be factored into next year's calculations. with these signings it looks like we won't be getting any comp picks next year.

but this year, we should be getting two 5ths and a 7th or a 5th, 6th and a 7th...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=SteelCzar76]
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by "NW Steeler":2mlou8hs

I'm starting to think he's Timmons' daddy and living vicariously through him...so unless Timmons is perfect it's just not good enough.
    I think you mean to say that Tomlin looks at him as a father attempting to live through him.
    It's not personal for me at all,.....i simply abhor the foolishness of wasting 1st rnd draft selections of an organization that i would like to see remain strong because of one man's (Tomlin) desire to do as much. (Live vicariously through a player and or put their success before that of the Franchise because of some great PERSONAL affinity)[/quote:2mlou8hs]

No. I meant what I posted.

And if you think Tomlin is the guy who drafted him then you're even more of a fool than you appear to be.