Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steelers interested in bringing Foote back

Re: Steelers interested in bringing Foote back

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledSteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAMillion
    I would like to bring Foote back if possible. He is solid against the run and allows Timmons to go back to being a nickel linebacker.
    Why would I want the LB who last season was 5th in total tackles, 3rd in Sacks and 2nd in Forced Fumbles off the field for a slug like Foote. No way would I want to see Foote on the field again for the Steelers.

Our defensive collapse last season was a problem with pass defense of which Foote is a huge liability. We had no problem defending the run.

Some of the crazy stuff I read here is just crazy.
    Hence the reason Weatherspoon is a strong possibility in the first.

--------------

Ovi-

i have to agree with you on that one. Our problem is not defending the power run up the middle. It's the cutback/sweeps where quickness and sideline to sideline pursuit is involved. The bigger issue though is the passing game. If you want a recipe on how to beat the steelers it's: short passes/crossing routes that force our LB's to cover. That is the reason we released Foote in the first place and that still hasn't changed. I can see how he would be considered a solid back up b/c he knows the system but i don't want him on the field.

I don't know how things will play out with Foote, but I think it is time for Farrior to be a back-up. He was a very good starter for many years, but he's lost more than a step now.

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

If Foote is brought in to split time with Farrior- can't see the problem. Farrior has what? 1 good year left? Maybe not even that.

It just means the Steelers can have healthy, fresh bodies at all times.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Hall of Famer

Why would I want the LB who last season was 5th in total tackles, 3rd in Sacks and 2nd in Forced Fumbles off the field for a slug like Foote. No way would I want to see Foote on the field again for the Steelers.
    Forgive me, but I probably side with the professional franchise who has seen this player on a daily basis over several years, who is in the business of identifying/targetting it's own team needs, and who has all the inside knowledge, over your opinion.

What happened to all the Foote helping his hometown talk though?
    Guys and gals,
    If you play fantasy football, go to the FF forum here and read my thread. I'd appreciate some feedback on it.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    Forgive me, but I probably side with the professional franchise who has seen this player on a daily basis over several years, who is in the business of identifying/targetting it's own team needs, and who has all the inside knowledge, over your opinion.

They found out that not being surrounded by Steelers talent he is a very average player.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

They found out that not being surrounded by Steelers talent he is a very average player.

you can go ahead and cross Foote off the Steelers' shopping list, those are some very unrealistic contract expectations if you ask me.

NFL | Foote looking for contact similar to Fujita's

Tue, 09 Mar 2010

Jason La Canfora, of the NFL Network, reports unrestricted free-agent LB Larry Foote (Lions) is looking for a deal that exceeds what Cleveland Browns LB Scott Fujita received, according to a source. Fujita received a three-year deal worth $14 million with $8 million guaranteed.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel

you can go ahead and cross Foote off the Steelers' shopping list, those are some very unrealistic contract expectations if you ask me.

NFL | Foote looking for contact similar to Fujita's

Tue, 09 Mar 2010

Jason La Canfora, of the NFL Network, reports unrestricted free-agent LB Larry Foote (Lions) is looking for a deal that exceeds what Cleveland Browns LB Scott Fujita received, according to a source. Fujita received a three-year deal worth $14 million with $8 million guaranteed.
    No loss. People in hell want ice water too. Fujita is a starter quality player. Foote isn't, especially on the Steelers. He can replace Dansby in AZ.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!