Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers interested in bringing Foote back

Pro Bowler

Re: Steelers interested in bringing Foote back

It would be nice if they can resign Foote to add some depth.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAMillion
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    I would like to bring Foote back if possible. He is solid against the run and allows Timmons to go back to being a nickel linebacker.
    Why would I want the LB who last season was 5th in total tackles, 3rd in Sacks and 2nd in Forced Fumbles off the field for a slug like Foote. No way would I want to see Foote on the field again for the Steelers.

Our defensive collapse last season was a problem with pass defense of which Foote is a huge liability. We had no problem defending the run.

Some of the crazy stuff I read here is just crazy.

We will chalk it up to a difference of opinion. And I can admit that without insulting you. I remember seeing the Steelers strugle to stop the Browns and Ravens running the football at the end of the year. I think Foote plays the run better than Timmons. I would welcome him back. Obviously you would not (hence your description of Foote as a slug).

We will see if the run defense is top flight this year with Timmons at ILB. My prediction is that it will not be. It won't all be his fault, but I don't think Timmons has the instincts for ILB. He seems to get blocked to easily on running plays.
    Are you aware Timmons played in less games and had more tackles than Woodley? Woodley is being touted as a future All Pro, but Timmons is lacking????????

Timmons weak against the run is a myth! We can disagree as you said. BTW the facts are Timmons had 78 totals tackles in 2009. That is 15 more than Foote had 2008 (63) and only 3 less than Foote had in 2007 (81) Factor in that Timmons missed 3 games in 2009 and I don't see where Foote adds anything.

I would never take Timmons off the field when on any play he can make a game changing play with a sack, forced fumble or INT for Foote.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

I would like to see Foote back. Regardless of what Oviedo says. Foote and Timmons is an upgrade over Timmons and Farrior.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Draft 2.0

1. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3. Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
    4. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    5b. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    6a. Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College
    6b. Glen Stanley, OLB, Albany St
    7. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Bloody Hell...the list keeps growing!

Bring back Joey!

Bring back Larry!

Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman

Bring back Joey!

Bring back Larry!

If we are looking at washed up LBs lets look at some who were actually good once, e.g. Lloyd, Gildon
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Bring back Joey!

Bring back Larry!

If we are looking at washed up LBs lets look at some who were actually good once, e.g. Lloyd, Gildon

now that Foote is older, does that mean he would be even slower than he was the last time he played for us?

Bring back Joey!

Bring back Larry!

Or perhaps maybe even a "never will be" like Timmons while we're at it,...Huey Richardson !
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...lCzar76Sig.jpg

"We’ll have a mix-and-match concept that hopefully will see us through.” ~Tomlin

Legend

Larry was one of my favorites. He was a little small/slow but overcame his limitations with hard work and incredible instincts.

I'd love to see him comeback as a backup. He could also help Timmons/Fox with their development.

I would like to bring Foote back if possible. He is solid against the run and allows Timmons to go back to being a nickel linebacker.
    Why would I want the LB who last season was 5th in total tackles, 3rd in Sacks and 2nd in Forced Fumbles off the field for a slug like Foote. No way would I want to see Foote on the field again for the Steelers.

Our defensive collapse last season was a problem with pass defense of which Foote is a huge liability. We had no problem defending the run.

Timmons is an ILB. He is suppose to have more tackles than OLB's and usually by a large margin.

We will chalk it up to a difference of opinion. And I can admit that without insulting you. I remember seeing the Steelers strugle to stop the Browns and Ravens running the football at the end of the year. I think Foote plays the run better than Timmons. I would welcome him back. Obviously you would not (hence your description of Foote as a slug).

We will see if the run defense is top flight this year with Timmons at ILB. My prediction is that it will not be. It won't all be his fault, but I don't think Timmons has the instincts for ILB. He seems to get blocked to easily on running plays.
    Are you aware Timmons played in less games and had more tackles than Woodley? Woodley is being touted as a future All Pro, but Timmons is lacking????????

Timmons weak against the run is a myth! We can disagree as you said. BTW the facts are Timmons had 78 totals tackles in 2009. That is 15 more than Foote had 2008 (63) and only 3 less than Foote had in 2007 (81) Factor in that Timmons missed 3 games in 2009 and I don't see where Foote adds anything.

I would never take Timmons off the field when on any play he can make a game changing play with a sack, forced fumble or INT for Foote.
    <a href="http://www.ticketmonster.com/Pittsburgh-Steelers-Tickets?aid=16567">Get Great Steelers Tickets!</a>

--------------

Ovi-

i have to agree with you on that one. Our problem is not defending the power run up the middle. It's the cutback/sweeps where quickness and sideline to sideline pursuit is involved. The bigger issue though is the passing game. If you want a recipe on how to beat the steelers it's: short passes/crossing routes that force our LB's to cover. That is the reason we released Foote in the first place and that still hasn't changed. I can see how he would be considered a solid back up b/c he knows the system but i don't want him on the field.