Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To Be Expected

Legend

To Be Expected

NFL players risk their health and well being to play every week for our entertainment.

These guys endure pain that we couldn't fathom. And as a result many become drug addicts and alcoholics to cope.

Drugs and alcohol are dangerous to our health and stability. Addiction is a disease that leads to many bad results.

And in a sense, the young athletes in the NFL could be viewed like children in bad homes. Messing up is their most likely outcome.

The broken system is the real culprit to many of the problems we see with young men like Big Ben.

This whole thing is a shame for Ben and the entire NFL.

I suspect one day people will look back at the NFL like gladiators in the Roman Collesium. It's a barbaric sport.

Why do we as fans expect the players to be more than barbarians?

If a guy is more, then he is the exception.

But the majority of negative outcomes are really to be expected.

Re: To Be Expected

Huh.

I'm still waiting to hear that Ben has actually done anything wrong.

Apparently, Ben's lawyer will have to draft some kind of release form that he passes out to fans or groupies who want to hang out with him....

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    Huh.

I'm still waiting to hear that Ben has actually done anything wrong.

Apparently, Ben's lawyer will have to draft some kind of release form that he passes out to fans or groupies who want to hang out with him....
    Just don't go out to bars. One of my old bosses used to have a saying "nothing good happens at a bar after midnight." It's scary how true it is sometimes.

The man has a ton of money, host parties. Go to private clubs, etc. Hell, call Tiger get in touch with whoever lined up his skanks.

It's like Santonio and the pot bust. If you want to smoke pot, do it at home, with folks you trust... not in a car out on the streets.

From all the accounts I've read, Ben was not durnk. One artilce said he was "nursing a beer". Where is this coming from?? I bet Ben's fame has as much to do with this situation as alcohol did.

I guess that I don't understand why any celebrity is held responsible for the things that people do to them in the pursuit of money.

If someone like Ben wants to go out to a club, they should be able to go out to a club like everybody else, without the fear of being a target.

I'm sure that Roethisberger was willing to deal with the consequences, which is why he had bodyguards with him. But, I don't blame him for this.

Blaming him is akin to blaming the victim in a car accident because they were hit by a drunk driver. The victim shouldn't have been out on the road?

Starter

I guess that I don't understand why any celebrity is held responsible for the things that people do to them in the pursuit of money.

If someone like Ben wants to go out to a club, they should be able to go out to a club like everybody else, without the fear of being a target.
    It's called the "price of fame."

I don't agree with it, but it's human nature to be attracted to famous folks. A lot of people can't handle themselves in that situation, add in some booze...

And it's not like Ben shouldn't be aware of the "gold digging" phenomena by now...

Pro Bowler

Maybe instead of going to the bars Ben should just use Match.com from now on:

Me: Big, talented, multi-millionaire NFL starting QB

You: Young, hot, slutty girl with TV repair skills

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112

that's funny Jom!

the TV repair skills are optionable, the others are prerequisites for the position

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112

I'm guessing Ben is more of an adultfriendfinder.com kind of person rather than a
    match.com kind of person.

I'm sure that Roethisberger was willing to deal with the consequences, which is why he had bodyguards with him. But, I don't blame him for this.

Blaming him is akin to blaming the victim in a car accident because they were hit by a drunk driver. The victim shouldn't have been out on the road?
    People keep moving the goal posts. After McNutty they said he should have people around him.

Now he has people around him, something happens and they say he shouldn't go out at all.

Ben is only supposed to leave his home for football related business.