Thread: Ryan Clark arrives for visit with Miami Dolphins

Legend

User Info Menu

Ryan Clark arrives for visit with Miami Dolphins

how could any player think about trading in the Black & Gold for aqua and orange?

Ryan Clark arrives for visit in Miami

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 7, 2010

Two days after dumping free agent bust Gibril Wilson, the Dolphins are working on acquiring another safety.

Steelers free safety Ryan Clark arrived in Miami Sunday evening, according to Jeff Darlington of the Miami Herald.

"There were a lot of good offers, and a lot of good fits," Clark said upon arrival. "But this seems like a good spot. So I'm praying it goes well."

Clark says he chose his first visit carefully, and hope he doesn't make another.

"That's the reason we waited so long to take any [free agent] trips," Clark said. "We had interested teams that I didn't really want to go to, and I didn't want to try to make myself look busy by going to a bunch of different places."

Keeping the big hitter doesn't appear to be a big priority for the Steelers, and the Dolphins look ready to spend more of owner Stephen Ross' money this offseason.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Ryan Clark arrives for visit with Miami Dolphins

Anxiously awaiting the 'Steelers are chumps/ just got worse' & 'Dolphins got better/ know how to treat free agency' comments to follow this possible loss/gain of a so-so nfl talent.

Clark was fine, when he had the 'safety' blanket of Troy with him. Without him, is he that much better than Ryan Mundy?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Cooper DeJean CB
    2. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR

Starter

User Info Menu

Clark was fine, when he had the 'safety' blanket of Troy with him. Without him, is he that much better than Ryan Mundy ?
    Well,..they both entered the league slow and with little or nothing of any significance on their respective collegiate football resumes. But,... Mundy's bigger and was drafted in the 7th where Clark was an UFA. Uuuuuhh,.....advantage Mundy ? ("shrugging shoulders with indifference")
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...lCzar76Sig.jpg

"We’ll have a mix-and-match concept that hopefully will see us through.” ~Tomlin

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope they don't offer him big money and he'll make it back to the Steelers. I hope his agent is also smart enough to know that the Steelers may be letting the NFL negotiate his contract and then determine if they want to match or not. It's common practice, I hope they don't take it personally, it's only business as the players like to say.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    I hope they don't offer him big money and he'll make it back to the Steelers. I hope his agent is also smart enough to know that the Steelers may be letting the NFL negotiate his contract and then determine if they want to match or not. It's common practice, I hope they don't take it personally, it's only business as the players like to say.

Pappy
    Me too.
    Ryan Clark > Ryan Mundy
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon

Pappy
    I'm hoping he returns but I think he's gone. This explains reports that the Steelers are bringing in Will Allen for a visit sometime this week.