Thread: Some Teams Never Learn

Legend

User Info Menu

Some Teams Never Learn

It happens every season, but it seems the cap-free year has some teams thinking once again, they can buy a championship.

The Fins are paying Dansby $22M guaranteed!! Antrel Rolle to the Giants for $7+M/yr!! This is crazy money for what I think are slightly better than average players. Chicago is really banking that next season is theirs. They will clearly have to bust up the team once the cap is re-instated. Peppers for guaranteed $40M!! just wow!

It really is baffling that with the talent in the draft being so deep, teams would rather load up on high-priced free agent talent like this. I glad to see the Steelers stay the course on this and follow their formula of building through the draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Some Teams Never Learn

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast
    It happens every season, but it seems the cap-free year has some teams thinking once again, they can buy a championship.

The Fins are paying Dansby $22M guaranteed!! Antrel Rolle to the Giants for $7+M/yr!! This is crazy money for what I think are slightly better than average players. Chicago is really banking that next season is theirs. They will clearly have to bust up the team once the cap is re-instated. Peppers for guaranteed $40M!! just wow!

It really is baffling that with the talent in the draft being so deep, teams would rather load up on high-priced free agent talent like this. I glad to see the Steelers stay the course on this and follow their formula of building through the draft.

the Bears traded away their first two choices in this year's draft so they felt they had to make a splash in free agency.

the Giants overpaid for Antrel Rolle, no doubt about it. the Fins may have overpaid as well, but Dansby is one heckuva good player.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I like building through the draft and sprinkling in a FA from time to time.

Chucktown
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast

The draft is why the Steelers are good for more than 1 or 2 years before they have to revamp their team. The Steelers are in it for the long haul and fortunately, they can take a few down years like 8-8 or 9-7 (isn't it nice to say that 8-8 is a down year?) and stay the course, always have, always will.

Personally, I enjoy knowing that they'll be competitive year in and year out. I've seen 6 super bowls in my life time, I don't need to trade the future away for one shining moment and then a string of 7-9, 6-10 or worse for one moment of glory.

As disappointing as last year was over all the football was exciting, more exciting than it has been in a long time. The Steelers were in every game (sans Cleveland II) and that makes it entertaining, which is all I want from football.

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount