Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not good - 2 witnesses. Here's the police report

Not good - 2 witnesses. Here's the police report

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/pdf/2010 ... report.pdf

Don't know how to post a .pdf on the forum, but there's the link. Apparently a 19 year old witness, and a 20 year old witness.

Here's something that adds to the whole "sounds made up" aspect of this thing. Under "Victim", the name and other identifying info was clearly written in and then blanked out before the report was released, standard I guess for privacy reasons.

But under "Offender" - the name was NOT written in. It has height, weight (famously, exactly what the Steeler.com website has listed for Ben), sex, race, hair and eye color typed in. It even has, blacked out, dob and age.

But the "Offender"'s name was never typed in!!

This girl was apparently partying all night with him. Why wouldn't she say "Ben Roethlisberger"?

BTW - unless Georgia drinking age is 19 y.o. , some guys just lost their liquor licenses ...

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Re: Not good - 2 witnesses. Here's the police report

I just don't get why Steeler fans especially don't want to give Ben the credit of the doubt until we see something saying he is guilty. Two accusations mean nothing. It merely means he is a target. The stupidity issue has been debated ad naseum. Stupidity doesn't = rapist, frotteurist, molestor or even jack asc. I seen no evidence before...and until I see some solid evidence now...I will support Ben. That's what real fans do. We support our team and it's players until they prove unworthy of that support. I'm ashamed of some of the comments I'm reading. I would expect this kind of thing from Pats or Ravens fans...but not from Steeler fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I just don't get why Steeler fans especially don't want to give Ben the credit of the doubt until we see something saying he is guilty. Two accusations mean nothing. It merely means he is a target. The stupidity issue has been debated ad naseum. Stupidity doesn't = rapist, frotteurist, molestor or even jack asc. I seen no evidence before...and until I see some solid evidence now...I will support Ben. That's what real fans do. We support our team and it's players until they prove unworthy of that support. I'm ashamed of some of the comments I'm reading. I would expect this kind of thing from Pats or Ravens fans...but not from Steeler fans.

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar

I would guess the witnesses are friends with the girl making the claims. I would just like to hear what they are actually accusing he did other than just the generic 'sexual assault' term. Pinching a girls butt as she walked by could be considered sexual assault
    @_Hellgrammite

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    I would guess the witnesses are friends with the girl making the claims. I would just like to hear what they are actually accusing he did other than just the generic 'sexual assault' term. Pinching a girls butt as she walked by could be considered sexual assault
    Isn't there anything like it's OK to do that if it's consented to by the other person? What implies consent? Does partying all night together, flirting glances, maybe a touch of the shoulder and all that ... does that give consent? To what?

It gets crazy if you think about it ... two eighth graders at the county fair, and the guy gets up the nerve to put his arm around the girl's shoulders ... but the girl isn't ready for that ... sexual assault?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

Maybe it's because some fans are tired of defending him or having to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I understand wanting to support Ben... but saying wait for the facts and innocent until proven guilty is what Pats, Ravens and Bungle fans do...

I actually think it's noble for Steeler fans to show frustration towrads the franchise QB who gives us the best chance of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Maybe it's because some fans are tired of defending him or having to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I understand wanting to support Ben... but saying wait for the facts and innocent until proven guilty is what Pats, Ravens and Bungle fans do...

I actually think it's noble for Steeler fans to show frustration towrads the franchise QB who gives us the best chance of winning.

Hall of Famer

I'm ashamed of some of the comments I'm reading. I would expect this kind of thing from Pats or Ravens fans...but not from Steeler fans.
    i used to think like that too. but after years of reading some of the crap on these message boards (this one isn't so bad) i've come to the conclusion steeler fans aren't much different then fans of other teams

Hall of Famer

how does the incident take place over 3 1/2 hours.

Pro Bowler

He's 100% a target and he's a target that sleeps around a ton. He's not married, doesn't have kids and you can be rest assured he's not the only individual on this planet that sleeps around. He had one incident with a woman clearly full of sh.it which made him vulnerable to additional attacks. He goes to a podunk town to have a good time and some jackass with money on her mind shows up and tries to make something out of nothing.

I don't find that I need to defend Big Ben from the accusations. He's a young dude, in the NFL that "has a good time" nothing less, nothing more. I actually know quite a few people that are close personal friends of Big Ben. One said he "can't keep it in his pants" but that doesn't make him a bad person and I'm sure it's something he'll grow out of....

He's a target, this is a situation that is no different. If people want to toss the guy under the bus before getting all the facts fine. I'm not going to be one of them. We're also in the off-season, how much of a distraction is this really for the team? and the Media is just looking for something to write on...just like this chick is looking for some coin.