Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kiper: Haden falling fast

Legend

User Info Menu

Kiper: Haden falling fast

[url="http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4960457"]http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/ ... id=4960457[/url]\

Not that his board means much but he does have access to more "informed" opinions than this board

Dropped from #5 to #12 on Kiper's board

Other players of interest:

CJ Spiller went from #10 to #8
    Earl Thomas went from #23 to #21
    Ro McClain went from #8 to #11
    Devin McCourty went from NR to #20 (higher than Thomas)

Weatherspoon and Odrick are not even ranked---insanity
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Kiper: Haden falling fast

These are the teams from 12 to 17...in case he actually falls that far. I guess any of these teams would snap him up if he were there. I can't see a 1st round corner back not being taken.

# Miami (7-9)
    # San Francisco (8-
    # Seattle - from Denver (8-
    # New York Giants (8-
    # Tennessee (8-
    # San Francisco - from Carolina (8-

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

miami took corners in rounds 1 & 2 last year

Legend

User Info Menu

from the GBN Report -

This year’s scouting combine in Indianapolis was one of the more interesting in recents with all kinds of things to chew over. Reader Dan L, for example, weighed in regarding Florida CB Joe Haden’s disappointing 40 time saying “I think Haden’s 40 times have thrown a huge monkey wrench into this draft and the combine’s future. He cost himself millions because he was not going to go past the 12th pick. He’ll still be a 1st rounder, but maybe not until the mid- to latter part of the round. There was no reason for Haden to show up and run the 40 unless he KNEW he was going to run at least under a 4.45; and having the slightest hint that was going to run this slow and still showing up was silly. The network guys sell it as competing, but if there’s no gain then the player must listen to the agent and do the smart thing. This is millions of dollars, not some soap box derby for a merit badge. This is once in a lifetime money, and he may have lost a guaranteed $10 million. All he had to do was bow out and say “check the film” and teams would have assumed he ran around a 4.4 or better.”
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    from the GBN Report -

This year’s scouting combine in Indianapolis was one of the more interesting in recents with all kinds of things to chew over. Reader Dan L, for example, weighed in regarding Florida CB Joe Haden’s disappointing 40 time saying “I think Haden’s 40 times have thrown a huge monkey wrench into this draft and the combine’s future. He cost himself millions because he was not going to go past the 12th pick. He’ll still be a 1st rounder, but maybe not until the mid- to latter part of the round. There was no reason for Haden to show up and run the 40 unless he KNEW he was going to run at least under a 4.45; and having the slightest hint that was going to run this slow and still showing up was silly. The network guys sell it as competing, but if there’s no gain then the player must listen to the agent and do the smart thing. This is millions of dollars, not some soap box derby for a merit badge. This is once in a lifetime money, and he may have lost a guaranteed $10 million. All he had to do was bow out and say “check the film” and teams would have assumed he ran around a 4.4 or better.”
    Maybe this is true.. but I don't think you can hide your weakness. If he didn't run he drops because it looks like he is hiding his 40 time.

I don't know the game of draft dodging, LOL... but if I'm a GM or scout and a top 10 CB isn't running the 40 I'm under the impression he is slow or injured.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Haden can play...hope he drops to 18 personally.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

There is no way that Haden gets by the Niners twice and the Titans at 17,...as both have a considerable need at the Corner position. And 40 time aside,...the kid's on field resume still dictates that he's the number one Corner in a Draft that just so happens to come at a period when the league has gone "video game pass happy".

Bottom line,..he very well may not go in the Top Ten,...but he will not last until the 18th pick.
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...lCzar76Sig.jpg

"We’ll have a mix-and-match concept that hopefully will see us through.” ~Tomlin

Starter

User Info Menu

If he gets past 10, though, do we look to trade up to get him? We don't pick this high very often, and the chance to get the best player in the draft at a position of significant need may be worth our #2, especially given the fact that we have three #5's and the fact that this is a deep draft.

Then again, one of the reasons it's deep is because there are lots of decent corners...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Haden can play...hope he drops to 18 personally.
    me too.
    he's gonna have his pro day and i've heard he had poor form in his stance/starting.

i'd be suprised if he doesn't score better.

come to think of it why are they making the players run like they are track atletes.
    stand them up like they are on the football filed and see what their times are

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TallyStiller
    If he gets past 10, though, do we look to trade up to get him? We don't pick this high very often, and the chance to get the best player in the draft at a position of significant need may be worth our #2, especially given the fact that we have three #5's and the fact that this is a deep draft.

Then again, one of the reasons it's deep is because there are lots of decent corners...

this is being called the best and deepest draft in a long, long time. i don't think you give up additional draft choices in this draft unless Eric Berry falls unexpectedly, especially since there are many good CBs that will still be available in Rounds 2-4.

remember, we selected Ike Taylor in the 4th round...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha