Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's official: Boldin a Raven

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It's official: Boldin a Raven

Schefter just tweeted this. Rats get AB and a5th rd pick. Cards get a 3rd and 4th
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: It's official: Boldin a Raven

Now if they pick up another physical receiver via the Draft to further compliment their power ground game,......how do we think a Drafting a smallish cornerback sized cover S in the first round is going "to hold water" even in our own division. (Let alone deep into the playoffs)
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...lCzar76Sig.jpg

"We’ll have a mix-and-match concept that hopefully will see us through.” ~Tomlin

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCzar76
    Now if they pick up another physical receiver via the Draft to further compliment their power ground game,......how do we think a Drafting a smallish cornerback sized cover S in the first round is going "to hold water" even in our own division. (Let alone deep into the playoffs)
    So what do you think the Steelers should do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

i dont know, but by the looks of it on March 5th 2009 at 6:39, our season does not look so hot, the rats just got alot better, and we have drama going into the season again, for a third time in 6 years, the previous 2 times we have had drama we had no playoffs

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel

i think it's time for the Steelers to be aggressive and sign someone like CB Leigh Bodden to start opposite Ike and then draft a FS like Earl Thomas in Round 1 or Nate Allen in Round 2.

If Ryan Clark leaves in free agency sign a stop-gap veteran S like Sean Jones of the Eagles to a one-year contract while Nate Allen learns our complicated defense.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    i dont know, but by the looks of it on March 5th 2009 at 6:39, our season does not look so hot, the rats just got alot better, and we have drama going into the season again, for a third time in 6 years, the previous 2 times we have had drama we had no playoffs

The first day of FA is never a day for us. Just sit back and wait for teams to break the bank on these aging vets. We'll wind up with someone like key fox and put together a solid draft and be just fine. I'm not loving this Ben crap though.

Starter

User Info Menu

Draft Taylor and bring Darren Sharper in for a season or two,..while he (Mays) gets up to speed at both strong and free.

Or Select Kyle Wilson in the 1st and Nate Allen in rnd 2,.. while still bringing in sharper to ease the rook's (Allen) transition.

Either way,.. i have to just say NO to the tiny Big 12 "Ballhawk" that is Earl Thomas. Not that the kid is a bum by any means,....but i do not see him flourishing in our defense. He is simply not physical enough and almost a liability against the run.

"We’ll have a mix-and-match concept that hopefully will see us through.” ~Tomlin

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by isonator07
    Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609

The first day of FA is never a day for us. Just sit back and wait for teams to break the bank on these aging vets. We'll wind up with someone like key fox and put together a solid draft and be just fine. I'm not loving this Ben crap though.

i agree with , if the bengals signed boldin than fine, but the ravens signed him which worries me, i hate them, but they are good with free agency and make few signings, but good ones, this boldin one looks good

Legend

User Info Menu

Draft Taylor and bring Darren Sharper in for a season or two,..while he (Mays) gets up to speed at both strong and free.

Or Select Kyle Wilson in the 1st and Nate Allen in rnd 2,.. while still bringing in sharper to ease the rook's (Allen) transition.

Either way,.. i have to just say NO to the tiny Big 12 "Ballhawk" that is Earl Thomas. Not that the kid is a bum by any means,....but i do not see him flourishing in our defense. He is simply not physical enough and almost a liability against the run.

Troy Polamalu is listed on the Steelers website at 5'10" 207 lbs.

Earl Thomas weighed in at the Combine at 5'10" 208 lbs.

but I do like your Darren Sharper idea, he would be great playing next to Troy!
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel

Troy Polamalu is listed on the Steelers website at 5'10" 207 lbs.

Earl Thomas weighed in at the Combine at 5'10" 208 lbs.

but I do like your Darren Sharper idea, he would be great playing next to Troy!
    Yeah,..but that combine 208 lbs was unintentional on his part (in the terms that he was trying to bulk up but gained a little more than he expected) according to Mike Mayock whom he (Thomas) also told that his actual playing weight was around 190 or so.

But even at the same weight as Troy,...his core is not nearly as explosive as Troy's nor his overall strength in general. Troy played with what almost appeared to be LB strength in college and he's even had to adjust to NFL standards in terms of size and power of the opposition.

So imagine Thomas entering the League with "cover guy" strength, explosiveness and tackling ability ? I just don't see that working out as well as some think at either safety spot,...