Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: It's official: Boldin a Raven

  1. #11

    Re: It's official: Boldin a Raven

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCzar76
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCzar76
    Now if they pick up another physical receiver via the Draft to further compliment their power ground game,......how do we think a Drafting a smallish cornerback sized cover S in the first round is going "to hold water" even in our own division. (Let alone deep into the playoffs)
    So what do you think the Steelers should do?
    Draft Taylor and bring Darren Sharper in for a season or two,..while he (Mays) gets up to speed at both strong and free.

    Or Select Kyle Wilson in the 1st and Nate Allen in rnd 2,.. while still bringing in sharper to ease the rook's (Allen) transition.

    Either way,.. i have to just say NO to the tiny Big 12 "Ballhawk" that is Earl Thomas. Not that the kid is a bum by any means,....but i do not see him flourishing in our defense. He is simply not physical enough and almost a liability against the run.
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

  2. #12

    Re: It's official: Boldin a Raven

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCzar76
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCzar76
    Now if they pick up another physical receiver via the Draft to further compliment their power ground game,......how do we think a Drafting a smallish cornerback sized cover S in the first round is going "to hold water" even in our own division. (Let alone deep into the playoffs)
    So what do you think the Steelers should do?
    Draft Taylor and bring Darren Sharper in for a season or two,..while he (Mays) gets up to speed at both strong and free.

    Or Select Kyle Wilson in the 1st and Nate Allen in rnd 2,.. while still bringing in sharper to ease the rook's (Allen) transition.

    Either way,.. i have to just say NO to the tiny Big 12 "Ballhawk" that is Earl Thomas. Not that the kid is a bum by any means,....but i do not see him flourishing in our defense. He is simply not physical enough and almost a liability against the run.

    Says the guy whom wants the team to Draft Thomas in the first round.
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...lCzar76Sig.jpg

    "We’ll have a mix-and-match concept that hopefully will see us through.” ~Tomlin

  3. #13

    Re: It's official: Boldin a Raven

    And Mays is a coverage guru? To get better in coverage don't you think drafting a coverage guy is pretty important? Thomas is an elite talent with elite coverage skills. He is far from a waif like you make him to be. He is the epitome of a FS...exactly what we need.

    Mays doesn't fit our system unless we move Troy.
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

  4. #14

    Re: It's official: Boldin a Raven

    Troy Polamalu is listed on the Steelers website at 5'10" 207 lbs.

    Oh,..and 207 lbs is Troy at "playing weight",....he's naturally 10-12 pounds heavier.
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...lCzar76Sig.jpg

    "We’ll have a mix-and-match concept that hopefully will see us through.” ~Tomlin

  5. #15

    Re: It's official: Boldin a Raven

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    And Mays is a coverage guru? To get better in coverage don't you think drafting a coverage guy is pretty important? Thomas is an elite talent with elite coverage skills. He is far from a waif like you make him to be. He is the epitome of a FS...exactly what we need.

    Mays doesn't fit our system unless we move Troy.
    Here's the thing Shawn,...i don't know whether or not you have watched Thomas play this season much at Texas,..or especially against Bama's ground game in the National Championship,.....but i would be far more comfortable with Mays on the field for us against the likes of Ray Rice, Willis Mcgahee, Boldin, Cedric Benson, Larry Johnson and even what appears to be an up and coming Browns running attack.

    As far as Taylor's supposed lack of skills in coverage,..as i have said before,..i believe as much to be greatly over exaggerated. (much as was the case with Troy coming out.)

    Taylor's "shortcomings" can be rectified via coaching and wisdom that would come as a product of playing with the best Safety in the game. (Polamalu)

    Taylor also gives you a player whom can play both Safety spots, as well as adding some impact in regards to special teams coverage.

    And finally,...he could probably make the switch to OLB if he were to lose a step regarding speed towards the end of his career and still be very productive. (ie: no wasted roster space with slow safeties at any point)
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...lCzar76Sig.jpg

    "We’ll have a mix-and-match concept that hopefully will see us through.” ~Tomlin

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,014

    Re: It's official: Boldin a Raven

    I wonder how Mr. Bolden will do now that he will attract attention as the #1 guy. He's talented for sure, but he also won't have anyone like Fitz on the other side. He also won't have anyone like Warner to deliver the ball either.

  7. #17

    Re: It's official: Boldin a Raven

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    I wonder how Mr. Bolden will do now that he will attract attention as the #1 guy. He's talented for sure, but he also won't have anyone like Fitz on the other side. He also won't have anyone like Warner to deliver the ball either.
    I don't feel it would be much of a problem if they were to also land say Golden Tate, (Yeah,...i can't stand his golden domed arse. But i have to admit that he is lightweight similar to Hines lol) Arrelious Benn or even Damian Williams in the first round this year.
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...lCzar76Sig.jpg

    "We’ll have a mix-and-match concept that hopefully will see us through.” ~Tomlin

  8. #18
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,346

    Re: It's official: Boldin a Raven

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCzar76
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    And Mays is a coverage guru? To get better in coverage don't you think drafting a coverage guy is pretty important? Thomas is an elite talent with elite coverage skills. He is far from a waif like you make him to be. He is the epitome of a FS...exactly what we need.

    Mays doesn't fit our system unless we move Troy.
    Here's the thing Shawn,...i don't know whether or not you have watched Thomas play this season much at Texas,..or especially against Bama's ground game in the National Championship,.....but i would be far more comfortable with Mays on the field for us against the likes of Ray Rice, Willis Mcgahee, Boldin, Cedric Benson, Larry Johnson and even what appears to be an up and coming Browns running attack.

    As far as Taylor's supposed lack of skills in coverage,..as i have said before,..i believe as much to be greatly over exaggerated. (much as was the case with Troy coming out.)

    Taylor's "shortcomings" can be rectified via coaching and wisdom that would come as a product of playing with the best Safety in the game. (Polamalu)

    Taylor also gives you a player whom can play both Safety spots, as well as adding some impact in regards to special teams coverage.

    And finally,...he could probably make the switch to OLB if he were to lose a step regarding speed towards the end of his career and still be very productive. (ie: no wasted roster space with slow safeties at any point)
    Bing muthaphrucking... O!!!

    I agree... I think Thomas will be decent but I'm not impressed by INT stats after breaking down who they were against. I like that he can catch... But he looks tiny and like you said...
    Alabama ran all over Texas.

    I think the board is in love with the INT's because we were pathetic at TO's last year.

  9. #19

    Re: It's official: Boldin a Raven

    This finally gives the Ravens a legitimate NFL receiver in their offense. They just got a lot tougher. Meanwhile our defense keeps getting older. I think the Steelers really have to focus on adding some youth and athleticism to the defense. Our secondary has to improve in order to compete, and I don't believe that bringing Troy back solves all our problems.
    The Steelers’ went through seven consecutive drafts (2003-09) without taking an offensive lineman in the first two rounds, the longest such streak by any franchise this century.

  10. #20
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,014

    Re: It's official: Boldin a Raven

    Well, it looks like TO may be going to the Bengals, so the receiving corps in the AFCN is going to dictate that we get a lot better in the secondary.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •