Thread: Compensatory Picks

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Compensatory Picks

Have these been announced for the 2010 draft yet? If so, what all picks do we have now and if not, when are they announced?
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Compensatory Picks

They are usually announced at the end of March or beginning of April.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    They are usually announced at the end of March or beginning of April.
    Thanks. Trying to think now, who left? Nate Washington, McFadden, Leftwich, .....who am i missing. should we really expect much?
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Comp Pick Nostradamus is going to post his guesses by March 9th: [url="http://adamjt13.blogspot.com/"]http://adamjt13.blogspot.com/[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm a little fuzzy here. We didn't release M Smith...We just chose not to retain him...Correct?

So...What is the ruling as to why we won't be compenstaed for M SMith? He signed a multi year contract with SF but retired before the season start. Is it because he didn't play a down for the 49ers? I was curious on that rule.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He retired and didn't play any games if I recall correctly. Even though he signed a two year contract with the 9ers I don't believe we get anything. I could be wrong though. Playing time factors into it and he had non.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    The Comp Pick Nostradamus is going to post his guesses by March 9th: [url="http://adamjt13.blogspot.com/"]http://adamjt13.blogspot.com/[/url]

I will make my prediction now...drumroll please -

Steelers will receive two extra 5th round draft choices and one extra 7th round draft choice.

If I'm correct I will henceforth be known as Nostrassdanus...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Do worthless signings like Rocky Boiman, Corey Ivey, Keiwann Ratliff, Stephan Logan (he isn't worthless), factor into what we get?
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Do worthless signings like Rocky Boiman, Corey Ivey, Keiwann Ratliff, Stephan Logan (he isn't worthless), factor into what we get?

no, they don't -

2010 Steelers Compensatory Draft Pick Projections

In order to figure out how many compensatory draft picks the Steelers will be rewarded for the 2010 draft you have to start first with what they lost free-agency wise last offseason. The Steelers lost what looks to be three qualifying players in free agency and they did not sign any that qualified as replacements for those lost players.

The three players they lost that should qualify were CB Bryant McFadden, WR Nate Washington and QB Byron Leftwich. All three should qualify. As far as the rounds go for the compensatory draft picks rewarded, only the NFL knows the true formula for rewarding these compensatory picks.

My guess:

Bryant McFadden - 5th round pick
    Nate Washington - 5th round pick
    Byron Leftwich - 7th round pick
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha