Hold me closer Tony Danza...
    Chadman is a "Friends" fan!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: PREDICT THE STEELERS FIRST THREE PICKS

Round 1- FS Earl Thomas

Round 2- LB Eric Norwood

Round 3- C Matt Tennant
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    kid does a considerable amount of "B button Elton John Tiny Dancing"
    And by knowing that- you expose yourself to the same label..

Actually though, it's reported that this is one of the most mis-quoted songs of all time.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    kid does a considerable amount of "B button Elton John Tiny Dancing"
    And by knowing that- you expose yourself to the same label..

Actually though, it's reported that this is one of the most mis-quoted songs of all time.
    Yes, that line is a classic. I really enjoyed watching Phoebe, Ross, Joey and the others! But, back to more manly topics, like the Steelers: I agree with the need to grab a LB in Rd. 2 or 3, but just wondering why you would take Norwood in Rd. 2 over Sean Lee, Jerry Hughes, Koa Misi and even Thad Gibson?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCzar76
    I'll just say that i'd like for it at this point to be,....

1. Taylor Mays FS
    2. Corey Wootton DT
    4. Micah Johnson ILB

But it will likely be something that i'll despise (at least in round one. lol) like,..

1. Mike Iupati
    2. Toby Gerhart RB
    3. Jerome Murphy CB
    That's the purpose of this topic. We all have our mocks and love certain guys but the reality sets in and the Steelers draft is on paper. Painfully, your Iupati, Gerhart, Murphy does look like a Steeler draft....Ouch!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If what you guys want is a short yardage 'pounder', but don't want to pay 2nd round prices, why not look at Kentucky FB John Conner?

When not fighting Terminators, he's a classic 'throwback' FB- catches, runs, blocks- and all at about Jerome Bettis' size.

Dual benefit- you can put him on the field at the same time as Rashard Mendenhall- just play him at FB.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_AW4bEzi9A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_AW4bEzi9A[/url]
    I agree Chadman. I had Conner in some of my earlier mocks in the 7th. I dropped him because I thought we could get him as an UDFA. His Senior Bowl & Combine has given him draft consideration. Would love to see him here.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    let nostril
    right nostril
    earl thomas
    I would rather Thomas over Mays. Spoon is my first pick. I actually have several others before Mays. This is just your feeling of how it is all going to go down. I think Thomas comes off the board before the Steelers pick. May's "Questions" causes him to fall. With Clark gone, he is the best S on the board and the Steelers will be surprised he is there.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't get Taylor Mays as a FS. I've watched him play a lot and I don't see how folks could see him as an effective FS in the pros. Now, as an in-the-box SS or 4-3 OLB, I think he could be very good.

What I think the Steelers will do...

1. Weatherspoon
    2. Matt Tennant
    3. Jerome Murphy

What I would do...

1. Find a way to get Earl Thomas (even if we have to trade up a bit).
    2. Best Corner available
    3. LB or OL (if we don't have to trade the pick to get Thomas)
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm not as good at this as many of the folks on here but here is my stab at the first three picks.

1.) Odrick - He and Ziggy could team up at DE's in the 3-4 or DT's in the 4-3 for years to come.

2.) Spikes, ILB - He may not fall to us in the second but if he's there he's a big boy with some speed. If not him, maybe that Washington kid from TCU?

3.) Walton, C - We need one, just not immediately and this guy looked pretty good last year.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim
    I'm not as good at this as many of the folks on here but here is my stab at the first three picks.

1.) Odrick - He and Ziggy could team up at DE's in the 3-4 or DT's in the 4-3 for years to come.

2.) Spikes, ILB - He may not fall to us in the second but if he's there he's a big boy with some speed. If not him, maybe that Washington kid from TCU?

3.) Walton, C - We need one, just not immediately and this guy looked pretty good last year.

Could possibly also try to pick up Troup in the 3rd, we'd have our entire starting Dline set for years to come if everything worked out right.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.