Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PREDICT THE STEELERS FIRST THREE PICKS

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

PREDICT THE STEELERS FIRST THREE PICKS

Alright Steeler Nation...Time to step out of ourselves and give the "fallback plan" which is the actual events that will take place from now until the end of Round 3 of the draft. We all have out mocks and what we hope the Steelers will do....Which we never get right. After the smoke clears and everyone else bites on the miss direction...What will the Steelers do. We know they keep their cards tight to their chest until it is time to lay one down.

Ryan Clark won't be back because I believe the money will go to keep Colon. "He's the worst OT in football!"...."I wouldn't pay him top OT money"...I can hear it now! But we know the Steelers will do whatever possible to keep a 26 year old OL who has been a starter since his rookie year...Over a starting 30 year old safety looking for 4 mil plus a year. With Colon locked up...That leaves only hole on the OL...But not for 2010. Two CBs drafted last year and a talented deep class to add depth. Deep DT class too. I want Spoon but the problem was in the secondary. Loosing Clark won't help even with the return of Troy. Mundy is servicable...That is all we know about him.

I know their mouths are watering. My stomach hurts because I got that feeling....I can see it like it already happened!!! The smoke clears...Colbert smiles as he spreads his cards out to see what he wants to play and....

"With the 18th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select...Taylor Mays S...University of Souther Cal."
    We know it is coming. No Clark...Makes the most sense...To the Steelers.

"With the 52nd pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select...Brandon Spikes LB...University of Florida."
    Slide...Slide...Slide...Right to the Steelers. First thing I thought of when he didn't run. That traditional 2nd round Steeler "Boom or Bust".

"With the 82nd pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select...Akwasi Owusu-Ansah CB...Indiana U of PA."
    Backyard...Return guy...Haven't had a "Fuamatu-Ma'afala" in awhile.

I don't know if I should be happy or sick!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: PREDICT THE STEELERS FIRST THREE PICKS

I would change that to:

Rd 1: Taylor Mays, S
    Rd 2: Brandon Spikes, LB
    Rd 3: Amari Spievey, CB

I agree about Spikes, but my view is he is a much better football player than Larry Foote so move Timmons into Farrior's position and Spikes becomes the "new" Larry Foote. I think he would be very good in that role and better than Foote ever was.

AOA from IUP has a known shoulder injury that needs surgery. I don't think you need to burn a Round 3 pick to get him.

If he is the CB project you want then wait to get him in Round 4 and get Torrell Troup, NT from UCF in Round 3. Now that would be a very good first four picks.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

let nostril
    right nostril
    earl thomas

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

1-Sean Weatherspoon ILB
    2-Corey Wootten DT
    3-Akwasi Owusu-Ansah CB
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Round 1 - Sean Weatherspoon ILB Missouri

Round 2 - Nate Allen FS S. Florida

Round 3 - Toby Gerhart RB Stanford
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    I would change that to:

Rd 1: Taylor Mays, S
    Rd 2: Brandon Spikes, LB
    Rd 3: Amari Spievey, CB

I agree about Spikes, but my view is he is a much better football player than Larry Foote so move Timmons into Farrior's position and Spikes becomes the "new" Larry Foote. I think he would be very good in that role and better than Foote ever was.

AOA from IUP has a known shoulder injury that needs surgery. I don't think you need to burn a Round 3 pick to get him.

If he is the CB project you want then wait to get him in Round 4 and get Torrell Troup, NT from UCF in Round 3. Now that would be a very good first four picks.
    He had the surgery and missed the Shrine game. If he didn't have the injury, he might be a 2nd round pick. Reports are he is not a project...Just hidden at a small school. He had an impressive combine. I only wish he played in the shrine. I picked him because he is a known product in the area. I believe I saw a piece on him on Sportsbeat last year. A gem like IKE??? I Do like the Spivey pick.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You guys are making me optimistic picking Spoon!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel

That #3 is a Steelers pick....That's for sure. I say you nailed this posts purpose with Gerhart.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel

That #3 is a Steelers pick....That's for sure. I say you nailed this posts purpose with Gerhart.

I think San Diego is going to take Gerhart in the second round.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We will probably lose a G (Stapes), a RB (FWP), and two S (Clark and TC ). There is a bit of a glut at G (although none are outstanding) so that doesnt leave us short. Please no more Samoan maulers. Safety is a big concern though and we cant afford to miss. For this reason, I select...

1-Earl Thomas

Im not as knowledgable on draft prospect as most, so I will scam someone elses thoughts on the second pick...

2-Brandon Spikes (hope he does slide)

Finally, FWP is prob out and we are short a real prospect at backup RB. One that could improve our tough running would be a big bonus. Art 2 has identified the running game as an area that needs improvement. So with that in mind, I select...

3-Toby Gerhart
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.