Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colon's Agent Wanting A Trade Offer

Legend

User Info Menu

Colon's Agent Wanting A Trade Offer

I suppose this sends some signals that our starting right tackle wasn't too thrilled with his one year deal that he received...or is this just delusional thinking on the part of his agent? Thoughts?

PFT: Colon's agent hopes to catch a whiff of a trade

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 3, 2010 10:23 AM ET
    We noted yesterday that it wouldn't be that crazy for a team to consider giving up a first-round pick to sign restricted free agent Willie Colon away from the Steelers.

Colon's agent, Joe Linta, unsurprisingly agrees.

"We really don't know if he fits in their [long-term] plans," Linta told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "If you have the fifteenth pick and you need a starting offensive lineman, why wouldn't you do it [make a trade]? You hope your draft pick is good. With Willie, you know what you're getting."

Linta calls Colon the best young right tackle in football. While that notion may seem a little wacky, he's got some numbers to back it up.

We don't expect Colon to sign an offer sheet elsewhere, but he's one of the few quality restricted free agent quality starters that could legitimately draw interest.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Colon's Agent Wanting A Trade Offer

People in you know where want water too.

I would be totally OK with someone signing Colon and us getting a Round 1 pick.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would take a mid-20s pick in a heartbeat for Willie.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    I would take a mid-20s pick in a heartbeat for Willie.
    Yeah me too?

Let's see Willie Colon on one hand......and Sean Weatherspoon and Jared Odrick on the other?? Hmmmmmm?
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

delusional thinking by the agent...he's been smoking the same thing that Ryan Clark's agent has been smoking, must be some good stuff!
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No doubt, I would take that swap. I would crap a purple kitten if someone signed Colon. Posturing to be sure. Another reason why I think they may be looking for a RT in free agency or the draft.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He's in the same position as hampton.
    Colon doesn't want to go in this year with a one year contract because if there's a lockout then he's screwed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Colon doesn't want to go in this year with a one year contract because if there's a lockout then he's screwed.
    Then you sign a long term contract for less than market value to get the financial security you want. Trade off guaranteed dollars for taking less. It is all about guaranteed dolloars not total value.

Clark can do the same. The problem occurs when you look at what everyone else makes and want "fair." The world isn't "fair" get over it.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Then you sign a long term contract for less than market value to get the financial security you want. Trade off guaranteed dollars for taking less. It is all about guaranteed dolloars not total value.

Clark can do the same. The problem occurs when you look at what everyone else makes and want "fair." The world isn't "fair" get over it.
    well colon is trying to get all the leverage he can. he'll do the same thing as casey, he won't agree to a deal till the last minute.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I wouldn't give Colon anywhere near top T money. He is a mid-level player at best.