Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL.com's Pat Kirwins Post Combine Mock Draft...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

NFL.com's Pat Kirwins Post Combine Mock Draft...

[url="http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d816b3cfa&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true"]http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000 ... nfirm=true[/url]

18. Pittsburgh Steelers
    Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida State
    The Steelers could take a serious look at G/OT Mike Iupati, but in the end they need the best corner on the board.

I say hell no!!....especially since we could have this guy instead…

24. Philadelphia Eagles
    Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri
    This guy has character, athletic ability, the football IQ to play in the middle, and he impressed at the combine. He finished his college career with more than 400 tackles, 43.5 tackles for loss, 12.5 sacks, and 18 passes defensed.

Or this guy….

29. New York Jets
    Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State
    Odrick has the size to play anywhere along the defensive line. He's a high character guy, and the Jets have some age up front.

I think the Steeler would make a huge mistake if they take a pass on either one of these guys. I think these are two of the surest things in this draft.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: NFL.com's Pat Kirwins Post Combine Mock Draft...

Agreed...
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    Agreed...
    So how can we manage to get them both??
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Agreed...

I will be okay with whoever the Steelers choose, Kevin Colbert has a pretty good track record with #1 draft choices.

But what I would really love to see is the Steelers trade down and pick up another 2nd or 3rd round draft choice as the draft is especially deep this year and we do have an unusual amount of needs this off-season.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Agreed...

I will be okay with whoever the Steelers choose, Kevin Colbert has a pretty good track record with #1 draft choices.

But what I would really love to see is the Steelers trade down and pick up another 2nd or 3rd round draft choice as the draft is especially deep this year and we do have an unusual amount of needs this off-season.
    That could be the very reason why the Steelers won't be able to trade down. Teams will feel that there are comparable players later in the draft and won't need to trade up. I think a lot of teams would like additional picks in a draft which is supposedly the deepest in years.
    The Steelers’ went through seven consecutive drafts (2003-09) without taking an offensive lineman in the first two rounds, the longest such streak by any franchise this century.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[quote=Dee Dub]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Steel Life":22neyzyn
    Agreed...
    So how can we manage to get them both??[/quote:22neyzyn]
    Okay, so what we do is stake out the place where the draft is taking place this year, then we rent uniforms to look like the staff & then....

Pick Spoon, hope that Odrick really disappoints at his Pro-Day & that other teams like others MUCH better....& praying for a broken bone wouldn't hurt either.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Legend

User Info Menu

Robinson would be fine by Chadman. What's everyone's problem with a playmaking, good sized, good speed, coverage CB in Round 1?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Robinson would be fine by Chadman. What's everyone's problem with a playmaking, good sized, good speed, coverage CB in Round 1?
    My problem would be that he is a serious reach at 18. Obviously I like the guy...he is in my mock...but not at 18.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't think Robinson is 1st round grade. I still have Haden 1st, Wilson 2nd, & McCourty 3rd. Looking at he position drills and cone times...I'm almost ready to put Franks & Jackson ahead of Robinson. It is close but any of the 6 listed above would be ok with me. They all looked fluid. I just saw Robinson put his hand down a couple of times when he changed direction. Thought that might drop him some...Right to the Steelers 2nd. If they go a different direction in rounds 1 & 2....I would like to see Akwasi Owusu-Ansah in the 3rd possibly.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

21. Cincinnati Bengals
    Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame
    Not a bad pick, Tate does fill a need.

25. Baltimore Ravens
    Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
    Wait, WTF? We PASS on Dez Bryant to take Tate? This guy should never be able to do a mock again...