Thread: After the Combine: DB Risers and Fallers

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: After the Combine: DB Risers and Fallers

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    in the yearly yearbook i get (lindy's)

they list sanders as the 2nd best SS and bethea as the 4th best FS

FWIW both are listed at a weight lower then what thomas checked in at the combine

incidently, so is troy
    And two of the three you mention have been plagued by injuries for the past three seasons, e.g. Sanders and Troy

I think that is a legitimate concern with Thomas
    Troy played in every game the prior season and last season's injury was freaky with someone falling on his knee.

I wouldn't call that plagued. No one who's being rational about his injury situation would use the word plagued.

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "NJ-STEELER":3fad4cj8

FWIW both are listed at a weight lower then what thomas checked in at the combine

incidently, so is troy
    And two of the three you mention have been plagued by injuries for the past three seasons, e.g. Sanders and Troy

Troy played in every game the prior season and last season's injury was freaky with someone falling on his knee.

I wouldn't call that plagued. No one who's being rational about his injury situation would use the word plagued.[/quote:3fad4cj8]

Troy's game totals for the past four seasons:

2009: 5
    2008: 16
    2007: 11
    2006: 13

Someone who doesn't acknowledge that he has a history of injuries and a problem staying on the field isn't being rational and isn't looking at the facts. He has missed 19 of the last 64 regular seson games or about 30%.

When he is the one player who your entire defense depends on IMO that is a plague.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

[quote=Oviedo]
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by "NJ-STEELER":2a7e4yz8

incidently, so is troy

I wouldn't call that plagued. No one who's being rational about his injury situation would use the word plagued.

Someone who doesn't acknowledge that he has a history of injuries and a problem staying on the field isn't being rational and isn't looking at the facts. He has missed 19 of the last 64 regular seson games or about 30%.

When he is the one player who your entire defense depends on IMO that is a plague.[/quote:2a7e4yz8]

I wouldn't call that a plague. There's a story behind the numbers.

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=cruzer8]
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by "NJ-STEELER":1aozy16a

incidently, so is troy

When he is the one player who your entire defense depends on IMO that is a plague.
    I wouldn't call that a plague. There's a story behind the numbers.[/quote:1aozy16a]

A story like:

"Once upon a time we had a defense that was totally dependent on one player..."
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

A story like:

"Once upon a time we had a defense that was totally dependent on one player..."
    "and they huffed and they puffed and they blew their competition away ..."

Next
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!