Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Agent says Clark still awaits offer from club

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Agent says Clark still awaits offer from club

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    I personally want Clark to be retained simply for the fact that this is a talented defensive class in the draft. Clark has 2 years left in him where he could be highly productive. If they retain him before the draft, the Steelers really could stockpile talent in the BPA direction. They could get quality Ss from the second half of the draft to groom. However, at the right price!

Best Player not position
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

Best Player not position
    Could come down to that in the 1st with Clark under contract. Now, when I say BPA vs need there is more behind it. You know need is #1 consideration going into the draft for everyone. Where it seperates is when you are on the clock. If there is a guy you like graded where you pick who fits the need, still on the board...Of course you pull the trigger. If a guy who you thought wouldn't be there still is on the board...You might consider him over need and address later. Where many teams make the mistake is needing a position and they are on the clock. There highest graded player at that need is on the board but they have him graded over 10 picks back. You try to find a trade partner to move back and still get him. When you can't find anyone...You overdraft the guy & reach for need instead of taking the best player on the board. If you can't move back...Take BPA. I'm all for that!

Looking at who they met with I get the feeling the Steelers are going to be busy in the 1st trying to move back. There are names like Pouncey, Iupati, Odrick, Graham, Mccourty, Wilson, Campbell etc. who will be all on the board in the 20's. If Clark returns, their immediate concerns have to be at C & ILB. Closely followed by OT & CB if Colon is not in the long term plans and with the uncertainty of what we have in Lewis & Burnett. That being said...If they could trade back in the 1st and get another 3rd...

1. Pouncey-C
    2. Spikes-ILB

Where's the Gator fans?

I think the Steelers would like to see a Berry, McClain, Williams x 2, Bulaga, Haden, Spiller, Mays, or Thomas, fall...I don't know if it will happen.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    I personally want Clark to be retained simply for the fact that this is a talented defensive class in the draft. Clark has 2 years left in him where he could be highly productive. If they retain him before the draft, the Steelers really could stockpile talent in the BPA direction. They could get quality Ss from the second half of the draft to groom. Sign Clark...At the right price...Makes sense!

My concern here is that his agent, and thus his, expectations are too high.

If he'd agree to a 3 year deal worth 10.5 mill with about 6 guaranteed. I'd say, done.

any more than that... pass.