Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ochocinco will dance with the Stars

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Ochocinco will dance with the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Remember Ben's dissapointment in winning while having a bad super bowl... chad wouldn't have had that reaction.
    No, he just has three catches for 25 yards, all in garbage time, and rants on and on about how Ike Taylor couldn't stop him . . . checks him off his list. And I still can't believe you compare Ben's feeling upset about how he almost cost his team a super bowl in XL to that douchbag.

Starter

User Info Menu

after all his celebrations, i think he's a guy that can do well on the show.

I also can't figure why all the hatred for the guy.

he busts his butt on the field... and his anger, etc, with respect to the game is typically when they lose. he's the type that's ok with 0 catches in a win. lots of WRs aren't.

Remember Ben's dissapointment in winning while having a bad super bowl... chad wouldn't have had that reaction.

sure he's complained about $$. many players have. and based on what he had done at the time he complained, i can't say i blame him. he had been the leading wr in the afc for several years running, at the time... and i believe guys like Nate Burleson were making more money....
    SOD-
    First, count me in with the many that are glad to see you back posting.
    (even you do post a lot more on the comedy board.)

Second, if Chad limited his act to the performance on the field- I dont think anyone would have a problem with him.

but-
    he doesn't limit it to the field. Chad comes across as the most self-aggrandizing pr*ck you'd never want as your teammate.

Look at ME! Yo, over here... look at ME!! Come on man, are you blind??!!? I'm over here!! ME, I say, MEMEMEME!!!!

that- is the problem.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Bodog.com just released their odds on who will take home the trophy in the upcoming Dancing with the Stars television show.

Olympic figure skating gold medalist Evan Lysacek is the early favorite at 3 to 1, followed by ESPN sideline reporter Erin Andrews at 9/2.

Here’s the complete list:

Evan Lysacek: 3/1
    Erin Andrews: 9/2
    Chad Ochocinco: 5/1
    Nicole Scherzinger: 11/2
    Aiden Turner: 10/1
    Niecy Nash: 10/1
    Pamela Anderson: 10/1
    Shannen Doherty: 10/1
    Jake Pavelka: 12/1
    Buzz Aldrin: 15/1
    Kate Gosselin: 15/1

I'll take Nicole Scherzinger as my pick...
    She is hot. I'd like to say- I'll start watching just because of her.. but I'd be lying. I still cant put up with all the other stuff.

Anyway- the iceskating dude- er... uh... princess... or whatever- has got to be the hands down favorite. If I were the other contestants, I'd probably protest- that he is even allowed to compete. What he does is practically, the same flipping thing.

IMO, the only way he loses- is if the Russian skating guy comes in and does a Nancy Kerrigan on him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL

he busts his butt on the field... and his anger, etc, with respect to the game is typically when they lose. he's the type that's ok with 0 catches in a win. lots of WRs aren't.

sure he's complained about $$. many players have. and based on what he had done at the time he complained, i can't say i blame him. he had been the leading wr in the afc for several years running, at the time... and i believe guys like Nate Burleson were making more money....
    SOD-

Second, if Chad limited his act to the performance on the field- I dont think anyone would have a problem with him.

but-
    he doesn't limit it to the field. Chad comes across as the most self-aggrandizing pr*ck you'd never want as your teammate.

Look at ME! Yo, over here... look at ME!! Come on man, are you blind??!!? I'm over here!! ME, I say, MEMEMEME!!!!

that- is the problem.
    thanks... and to a point, i geet where you're coming from. i guess i'm numbed by it because there are a whole host of guys (particularly at WR) that have the same attitude.

I think often, we tend to lump them all together, but, I personally take each one individually for what he is and what he does... I got the impression that with his celebrations, Chad was just a 'cut up'. OTOH, with T.O.'s, he was always about "look at me".
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

is there a more disliked WR in the league?
    Or better yet...overrated???

He isnt even a top 15 receiver in the NFL.

Mouth All-Mighty, Tongue Everlasting.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Starter

User Info Menu

SOD-

but-

that- is the problem.
    thanks... and to a point, i geet where you're coming from. i guess i'm numbed by it because there are a whole host of guys (particularly at WR) that have the same attitude.

I think often, we tend to lump them all together, but, I personally take each one individually for what he is and what he does... I got the impression that with his celebrations, Chad was just a 'cut up'. OTOH, with T.O.'s, he was always about "look at me".
    I guess its a matter of perspective...To me, Chad out does TO on the LookatMe Richter Scale.

Legend

User Info Menu

SOD-

but-

that- is the problem.

I guess its a matter of perspective...To me, Chad out does TO on the LookatMe Richter Scale.
    perspective, i think is right... on the one hand, you likely see chad more often in the limelight for non-football stuff. but, i tend to think it's because chad has a personality, where TO has none.... at all. the media always goes to where they can get a laugh, a quote, a story.

While i realize i see chad more, i'm thinking it's because he's a better story than TO, for example. he's still catching passes, he's relevant and more personable... and he's not on tv calling all his ex-teammates F@Gs... (and no, i'm not saying Chad's an angel... but, when he's frustrated, you say, "i can see why a person might be frustrated in that situation". to me, T.O. just calls out old teammates, just because...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Starter

User Info Menu

SOD-

but-

that- is the problem.

perspective, i think is right... on the one hand, you likely see chad more often in the limelight for non-football stuff. but, i tend to think it's because chad has a personality, where TO has none.... at all. the media always goes to where they can get a laugh, a quote, a story.

While i realize i see chad more, i'm thinking it's because he's a better story than TO, for example. he's still catching passes, he's relevant and more personable... and he's not on tv calling all his ex-teammates F@Gs... (and no, i'm not saying Chad's an angel... but, when he's frustrated, you say, "i can see why a person might be frustrated in that situation". to me, T.O. just calls out old teammates, just because...

hmmmm

well, I dont think I'd like either of them as a teamate- but, I could be wrong. Lord knows the media portrays things way out of context at times.

As far as TO not having a personality??? I think some of his stuff is hysterical.

sit ups / push ups ... in the front yard.

wearing his tour de france outfit while riding the stationary- then after the criticism wearing his football helmet?

good stuff.

chonba

they should go ahead and just change the name to "dancing with the people" because that is what they are down to, no actual stars, just people. whats next, "dancing with octomom"?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    is there a more disliked WR in the league?
    Or better yet...overrated???

He isnt even a top 15 receiver in the NFL.

Mouth All-Mighty, Tongue Everlasting.

That's why I call him Ocho-Ego.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]