Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Players I dont want

Re: Players I dont want

Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    I may have to add Micah Johnson to the list. His 40 time of 4.99 was horrendous and his vertical was only 29". I guess we will need to see what his other tests show, but right now he looks to be slow and not have a lot of leg strength. Spikes also only had a 29" vertical and DNP'd on the 40 and the BP. AND what happened to Rolando McClain? Was he injured or was Weatherspoon showing him up so badly that he decided DNP?

March 1

(4:00 PM): Tide LB sits out drills Ö Alabama MLB Rolando McClain, who is projected to be a top 15 pick at the 2010 draft, did not participate in any on-field drills at the scouting combine in Indianapolis this afternoon because of the lingering effects of a hamstring injury. According to his agent, McClain has been receiving treatment on an injured hamstring twice per day since last monthís Senior Bowl, although as a junior McClain didnít play in the Mobile all-star game. The agent also said McClain has undergone two MRIs, but did not reveal the results. McClain is expected to workout at the Alabama pro day on March 10. Among LBs who did work out this afternoon Mississippi State MLB Jamar Chaney posted the fastest 40 time with an official clocking of 4.54 seconds, while Florida State OLB Dekoda Watson ran a 4.56 followed by OLB Kavell Connor of Clemson (4.63), Nebraska OLB Cody Grimm (4.64), LSU OLB/S Harry Coleman (4.65), TCU MLB Daryl Washington (4.66), Oklahoma OLB Keenan Clayton (4.66), Minnesota OLB Simoni Lawrence (4.6, Missouri MLB Sean Weatherspoon (4.6 and Iowa OLB A.J. Edds (4.71).

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    I may have to add Micah Johnson to the list. His 40 time of 4.99 was horrendous and his vertical was only 29". I guess we will need to see what his other tests show, but right now he looks to be slow and not have a lot of leg strength. Spikes also only had a 29" vertical and DNP'd on the 40 and the BP. AND what happened to Rolando McClain? Was he injured or was Weatherspoon showing him up so badly that he decided DNP?

March 1

(4:00 PM): Tide LB sits out drills Ö Alabama MLB Rolando McClain, who is projected to be a top 15 pick at the 2010 draft, did not participate in any on-field drills at the scouting combine in Indianapolis this afternoon because of the lingering effects of a hamstring injury. According to his agent, McClain has been receiving treatment on an injured hamstring twice per day since last monthís Senior Bowl, although as a junior McClain didnít play in the Mobile all-star game. The agent also said McClain has undergone two MRIs, but did not reveal the results. McClain is expected to workout at the Alabama pro day on March 10. Among LBs who did work out this afternoon Mississippi State MLB Jamar Chaney posted the fastest 40 time with an official clocking of 4.54 seconds, while Florida State OLB Dekoda Watson ran a 4.56 followed by OLB Kavell Connor of Clemson (4.63), Nebraska OLB Cody Grimm (4.64), LSU OLB/S Harry Coleman (4.65), TCU MLB Daryl Washington (4.66), Oklahoma OLB Keenan Clayton (4.66), Minnesota OLB Simoni Lawrence (4.6, Missouri MLB Sean Weatherspoon (4.6 and Iowa OLB A.J. Edds (4.71).
    Thanks for the update. Here's the link on all the LBs that I referred to. It shows Spoon as running a 4.57.
    http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010-nf...s-linebackers/

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    Mike Iupati-I see too much holding and questionable technique....
    If you are basing this on one game--an exhibition game--then I think you would miss what scouts are seeing...

He is being comapred to Steve Hutchinson by many scouts.
    I am not saying he cant be a good player....I just think he is too risky at 1/18. No guards have been taken in the first round the last 2 years. I have seen some writers comparing him to Hutch not many scouts though.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel

March 1

Thanks for the update. Here's the link on all the LBs that I referred to. It shows Spoon as running a 4.57.
    http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010-nf...s-linebackers/

this is the official website of the NFL Combine where it shows Weatherspoon running a 4.68 40-yard dash. below is the link:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers

Hall of Famer

Even if Iupati translates into a good player, why do we need another trapping, Samoan mauler of a guard when we just paid Kemo? Is Urbik already a bust? I think there are more poorly manned positions on defense where we can get a player of equivalent caliber. Just say no to Iupati
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Pro Bowler

1. Cody...ughh.
    2. Micah Johnson...knee problems are a red flag.
    3. Any QB not named Webb or Edwards.
    4. Any OL described as "zone-blocker".
    5. Any DB described as "poor tackler".
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...