Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If the Steelers really want Sean Weatherspoon...

Hall of Famer

Re: If the Steelers really want Sean Weatherspoon...

Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    40" vertical for Spoon.
    4.57 40 time coupled with a 40" vertical and 34 reps. He is a beast and we may have to trade UP to get him!
    Could be right. Falcons LOVE him and pick right behind us. "Revis" all over again!

[quote=NW Steeler]
    Quote Originally Posted by "JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":chficdxg
    40" vertical for Spoon.
    4.57 40 time coupled with a 40" vertical and 34 reps. He is a beast and we may have to trade UP to get him!
    That has been my concern as well. He could move ahead of McClain on many teams boards. I don't want to see us trade up for anyone though. We have to have some GOOD second and third round selections this year.[/quote:chficdxg]

He wont go higher than 18....way too many other major teams needs ahead of 18 and as much as we love him he isnt higher than most of those ranked ahead of 18...

Suh, McCoy, Berry, Dunlap, Bradford, Claussen, Okung, Spiller, Haden, McClain, Morgan, Bryant, Kindle, etc.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

I would be absolutely thrilled if we draft Sean Weatherspoon with our first round pick!

COMBINE

Butler leads way for linebackers in bench
    Posted: February 28th, 2010

INDIANAPOLIS — The linebackers took part in the final workouts of the day Sunday at Lucas Oil Stadium, with three standouts leading the way during bench press drills.

Washington ILB Donald Butler hoisted an impressive 35 repetitions, matching the level of the top defensive linemen from earlier in the day. Missouri OLB Sean Weatherspoon wasn’t far behind with 34 reps, followed by Kentucky ILB Micah Johnson (31).

Two other ‘backers considered likely first-round picks are Penn State’s Navorro Bowman (26) and Alabama’s Rolando McClain (24).

Hall of Famer

[quote=Dee Dub][quote="NW Steeler":3syt2enh]
    Quote Originally Posted by "JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":3syt2enh
    40" vertical for Spoon.
    That has been my concern as well. He could move ahead of McClain on many teams boards. I don't want to see us trade up for anyone though. We have to have some GOOD second and third round selections this year.[/quote:3syt2enh]

He wont go higher than 18....way too many other major teams needs ahead of 18 and as much as we love him he isnt higher than most of those ranked ahead of 18...

Suh, McCoy, Berry, Dunlap, Bradford, Claussen, Okung, Spiller, Haden, McClain, Morgan, Bryant, Kindle, etc.[/quote:3syt2enh]
    Hope you are right. But ILB is a need for Steelers so teams behind us that like Spoon might want to jump ahead of us. I'm watching him in drills and he looks fluid...His change of direction ability resembles a RB.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Ok I was wrong. I am so sold on Sean Weatherspoon. I knew he was a great football player but wasn’t so sure he could play inside in a 3-4…well you can just throw that out the window. Not only do I think he can play inside but I am convinced he could be an elite ILB. If the Steelers really want Sean Weatherspoon they are going to have to pick him at 18 or trade down in the first round. There is no way he will last past Detroit in round two (#34). And ya know what??….I’d be ok if they picked him at 18. I am convinced he is going to be a huge playmaker and team leader to any defense he plays on.

I sure wish there was a way we could pick Jared Odrick at 18 and then move up in round two to get Weatherspoon…but to guarantee we get Weatherspoon we are going to have to probably draft him at 18.

Oh how I wish there was some way we could pull this off...

1-Jared Odrick DT
    2-Sean Weatherspoon ILB
    3-Chad Jones FS

That is an upgrad to all three levels of our defense.
    D...we really need you to stick to your guns.

[quote=JUST-PLAIN-NASTY][quote="Dee Dub":27can7s2][quote="NW Steeler":27can7s2]
    Quote Originally Posted by "JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":27can7s2
    40" vertical for Spoon.
    That has been my concern as well. He could move ahead of McClain on many teams boards. I don't want to see us trade up for anyone though. We have to have some GOOD second and third round selections this year.[/quote:27can7s2]

Suh, McCoy, Berry, Dunlap, Bradford, Claussen, Okung, Spiller, Haden, McClain, Morgan, Bryant, Kindle, etc.[/quote:27can7s2]
    Hope you are right. But ILB is a need for Steelers so teams behind us that like Spoon might want to jump ahead of us. I'm watching him in drills and he looks fluid...His change of direction ability resembles a RB.[/quote:27can7s2]

But that's ok....then one of those others ahead will fall to the Steelers.

Trickle-down economics...or something like that.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Ok I was wrong. I am so sold on Sean Weatherspoon. I knew he was a great football player but wasn’t so sure he could play inside in a 3-4…well you can just throw that out the window. Not only do I think he can play inside but I am convinced he could be an elite ILB. If the Steelers really want Sean Weatherspoon they are going to have to pick him at 18 or trade down in the first round. There is no way he will last past Detroit in round two (#34). And ya know what??….I’d be ok if they picked him at 18. I am convinced he is going to be a huge playmaker and team leader to any defense he plays on.

I sure wish there was a way we could pick Jared Odrick at 18 and then move up in round two to get Weatherspoon…but to guarantee we get Weatherspoon we are going to have to probably draft him at 18.

1-Jared Odrick DT
    2-Sean Weatherspoon ILB
    3-Chad Jones FS

What??? I cant fall in and out of love with these players??

Man there are so many players I would love for the Steelers to get this year. I wish we had like 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks. We'd be on Fat -Street.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

[quote=Dee Dub]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dee Dub":51wxrjt1

1-Jared Odrick DT
    2-Sean Weatherspoon ILB
    3-Chad Jones FS

What??? I cant fall in and out of love with these players??

Man there are so many players I would love for the Steelers to get this year. I wish we had like 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks. We'd be on Fat -Street.
    [/quote:51wxrjt1]

There is alot of talent this year to salivate over, Great year to restock.