Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SteelCzar76: Final first round mock,..

Re: SteelCzar76: Final first round mock,..

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCzar76
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Barring any considerable drop offs in 40 times for the DB's,.....here are my final 1st round projections.

1. Rams: Jimmy Clausen QB
    2. Lions: Russell Okung OT
    3. Buccanneers: Ndamukong Suh DT
    4. Redskins: Sam Bradford QB
    5: Chiefs: Bryan Bulaga OT
    6. Seahawks: Anthony Davis OT
    7. Browns: Gerald MCcoy DT
    8. Raiders: Bruce Campbell OT
    9. Bills: Dez Bryant WR
    10. Patriots: Eric Berry S
    11. Broncos: Rolando McClain ILB
    12. Dolphins: Dan Williams NT
    13. 49ers: Joe Haden CB
    14. Seahawks: Derrick Morgan DE
    15. Giants: Earl Thomas S/CB
    16. 49ers: CJ Spiller RB
    17. Titans: Jason Pierre Paul DE
    18. Steelers: Taylor Mays S
    19. Falcons: Jared Odrick DT
    20. Texans: Kyle Wilson CB
    21. Bengals: Jermaine Gresham TE
    22. Jaguars: Tim Tebow QB
    23. Packers: Trent Williams OT
    24. Eagles: Carlos Dunlap DE
    25. Ravens: Damien Williams WR
    26. Cardinals: Terrence Cody NT
    27. Cowboys: Mike Iupati OG
    28. Chargers: Ryan Matthews RB
    29. Jets: Brandon Graham OLB
    30: Vikings: Patrick Robinson CB
    31: Colts: Sean Weatherspoon LB
    32. Saints: Brian Price DT

I'll bet you a box of chocolate macadamia nuts that if the Rams select a QB at #1 it will be Sam Bradford and not Jimmy Clausen.
    I'll take that bet Hawaiian. :P Bradford does indeed have a exceptional skill set,...but Clausen is the more NFL ready of the two. He's played from under center in a pro style offense,..whereas Bradford (like Tebow) comes from a spread system.

Now in truth,..this isn't as big a deal as many would like to believe, (as most of these kids from major programs have a better grasp of Pro systems than they get credit for) but in my opinion,...even a slight edge is often edge enough.

ok, got yourself a bet. i can drive right down the street to buy some chocolate macadamia nuts in case i lose, are you able to buy them in your neck of the woods or would you like to substitute something more local for you to pay up with WHEN you lose...

Now I'm hungry...thanks.

Legend

Anyone wanna bet the Jags don't take Tebow in round 1?

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

I believe the Jags will take him in order to boost attendance, but in Round 2.

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

I believe the Jags will take him in order to boost attendance, but in Round 2.
    Jags could look to trade down & pick Tebow in the latter part of the draft.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I will go into mourning if New England gets Eric Berry and we get Taylor Mays.
    same here.

I really question Mays' performance at the next level. Or maybe what I question is his commitment to being coached up.

He seems to rely upon his incredible athletic abilities, and those alone.

Also, to me he seems a bit of a "tweener". OLB/SS- does he have the coverage skills to play Safety in the NFL?? How about the size to play OLB???

anyway- that is all I've got to say about that.

Otherwise- Czar- it looks to be a well thought out mock. You're hired!
    Go back and look what was said about Troy P. Same things being said about Mays, how has that worked out????

IMO Mays would be a great pick because he of all the top ranked safety prospects has the ability to play both SS and FS. With Troy's recent injury issues, which aren't going away, Mays would be a great asset being able to swing between FS and SS. He would also be able to play SS and let Troy go to FS where the physical toll on his body would be less.

I would have no issue whatsoever with Mays at #18.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Barring any considerable drop offs in 40 times for the DB's,.....here are my final 1st round projections.

1. Rams: Jimmy Clausen QB
    2. Lions: Russell Okung OT
    3. Buccanneers: Ndamukong Suh DT
    4. Redskins: Sam Bradford QB
    5: Chiefs: Bryan Bulaga OT
    6. Seahawks: Anthony Davis OT
    7. Browns: Gerald MCcoy DT
    8. Raiders: Bruce Campbell OT
    9. Bills: Dez Bryant WR
    10. Patriots: Eric Berry S
    11. Broncos: Rolando McClain ILB
    12. Dolphins: Dan Williams NT
    13. 49ers: Joe Haden CB
    14. Seahawks: Derrick Morgan DE
    15. Giants: Earl Thomas S/CB
    16. 49ers: CJ Spiller RB
    17. Titans: Jason Pierre Paul DE
    18. Steelers: Taylor Mays S
    19. Falcons: Jared Odrick DT
    20. Texans: Kyle Wilson CB
    21. Bengals: Jermaine Gresham TE
    22. Jaguars: Tim Tebow QB
    23. Packers: Trent Williams OT
    24. Eagles: Carlos Dunlap DE
    25. Ravens: Damien Williams WR
    26. Cardinals: Terrence Cody NT
    27. Cowboys: Mike Iupati OG
    28. Chargers: Ryan Matthews RB
    29. Jets: Brandon Graham OLB
    30: Vikings: Patrick Robinson CB
    31: Colts: Sean Weatherspoon LB
    32. Saints: Brian Price DT

I'll bet you a box of chocolate macadamia nuts that if the Rams select a QB at #1 it will be Sam Bradford and not Jimmy Clausen.
    I'll take that bet Hawaiian. :P Bradford does indeed have a exceptional skill set,...but Clausen is the more NFL ready of the two. He's played from under center in a pro style offense,..whereas Bradford (like Tebow) comes from a spread system.

Now in truth,..this isn't as big a deal as many would like to believe, (as most of these kids from major programs have a better grasp of Pro systems than they get credit for) but in my opinion,...even a slight edge is often edge enough.

ok, got yourself a bet. i can drive right down the street to buy some chocolate macadamia nuts in case i lose, are you able to buy them in your neck of the woods or would you like to substitute something more local for you to pay up with WHEN you lose...
    I'll probably be hard pressed to find any of the quality that you would be able to get your hands on there Hawaiian, and i'm not on the west coast anymore,...but i'll make something happen. (Maybe hit up Whole Foods or something)

That is,.....IF i were to lose, which of course i cannot even conceive of,....
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...lCzar76Sig.jpg

"We’ll have a mix-and-match concept that hopefully will see us through.” ~Tomlin

Go back and look what was said about Troy P. Same things being said about Mays, how has that worked out????

IMO Mays would be a great pick because he of all the top ranked safety prospects has the ability to play both SS and FS. With Troy's recent injury issues, which aren't going away, Mays would be a great asset being able to swing between FS and SS. He would also be able to play SS and let Troy go to FS where the physical toll on his body would be less.
    Exactly. (Imagine that,..me and O in agreement) LOL
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...lCzar76Sig.jpg

"We’ll have a mix-and-match concept that hopefully will see us through.” ~Tomlin

Legend

Oh crap...Let me reconsider what I said

Seriously though, I think Mays would be a great pick at #18. I would prefer him over a slight built Earl Thomas who is likely only a FS.

We need to realize that Troy's career may be shorter than we like to believe and having a very athletic SS who can play like a Safety and a LB seems to be critical to LeBeau's defense as we saw after this past season's total collapse in pass defense. Thomas can't be that player. Mays can be.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar

My analysis is just based off of the pre bowl game statements that he takes bad angles and struggles a little in coverage and then watching the bowl game where he almost single handedly lost the game for USC.

This older draft profile doesn't mention any real negatives regarding Troy....not saying there weren't any back then....just don't recall. This is from Scout.com......
    Biography:
    Troy Polamalu, of USC, was the Steelers' first round draft choice of 2003. The 2002 season pointed out a glaring weakness in the team's pass protection, so the Steelers traded its 1st, 3rd, and 6th round choices with Kansas City to move up from the 27th overall spot to the Chief's 16th spot and select Troy.
    At USC, Troy was a 3-year starter who also saw some playing time at linebacker his freshman year. A very physical player, he developed a reputation for sacrificing his body to make the hit as well as being a team leader. When playing the run, he has great ability to move sideline-to-sideline. He impressed with his pass coverage also, with fluid movement and back-pedaling, and sound decision-making during the play.

Troy was named All-American and All-Conference both his junior and senior years. Over his outstanding senior year, he registerd 68 tackles, 1 interception,4 pass defenses, and 12 tackles behind the line of scrimmage. One of three finalists for the 2002 Thorpe Award, he is hailed as the school's finest defensive back since the Ronnie Lott era (1977-80).
    @_Hellgrammite