Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dee Dub’s First Mock….

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Re: Dee Dub’s First Mock….

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Of course this would require a trade down. I think Odrick could be available between 20-28 of the first round. I’d like to acquire another 2nd round to accomplish this mock draft. But it’s all fantasy anyways.

1-Jared Ordick DT (if you like Aaron Smith—then you’ll love this guy)

2-Sean Weatherspoon LB (maybe not the most ideal spot for him inside but he is a great football player who will be on the field every 3 downs)

2-Chad Jones FS (great size,above average speed, and a truck load of athleticism—oh and he can make plays on the ball—could play either safety spot—returner as well)

3-Jon Asamoah OG (second best guard in this draft—a tenacious run blocker, very strong)

4-Alteraun Verner CB (maybe not the best overall skill set..but I don’t think there is a CB in this draft who breaks on the ball better than Verner—a 4 year starter at UCLA 13 career picks and he’ll come up and tackle too—12 career tackles for loss)

5- J.D. Walton C (Held both Ndamakung Suh and Gerald McCoy to 3 tackles each)

6-Junior Galette OLB (Sleeper—speed/edge rusher who has the prototypical size for a 3-4 OLB)

7-Jonathan Crompton QB ( not that we need a Qb..I just wanna see signs in Heinz that read..”Straight out of Crompton” )

I would be ok with the first 3 picks....not thrilled with the rest....I really like Jones at FS....however I think we need a corner more...would also like to see an OL before another DE...but would be ok with those first 3 picks.

Curious- in your mock- what are the Vikes trading UP for?
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    If the draft fell that way I would literally mess my drawers. But, it's not realistic. But, nice eye for talent.
    OK then lets drop the trade down thing. Here is what I would do.

1-Jared Odrick DT
    2-Chad Jones FS
    3-Jon Asamoah OG
    4-Alterreaun Verner CB
    5-J.D. Walton C
    6-Junior Galette OLB
    7-Keiland Williams RB

Now let look at yours...

1) Earl Thomas-FS
    2) Patrick Robinson-DB-----wont last past pick 40 in second round
    3) Toby Gerhart-RB--------as much as I like Gerhart dont we already have one of these already? See: Rashard Mendenhall
    4) Torrell Troup-NT
    5) Matt Tennant-C-------I think my center is better than this guy..ask Suh and McCoy
    5b) Myron Rolle-SS-------probably will pursue a medical career with his Rhode Scholar
    6) Mike Neal-DT
    7) Jake Ballard-TE--------No more frickin TE's please. How many do we need?

Other than that....not bad Shawnie.
    No need to get defensive...just won't happen.
    You know I'm just messin with ya Smokey!

Signed:

Big Perm....errrrr I mean Big Worm.

Steelers 2014 Draft

1--Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
    2--Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-- -- Traded --
    3B--C.J. Fiedorwicz TE Iowa
    4--Jordan Tripp ILB Montana
    5--Brent Urban DE Virginia
    6--Michael Schofield OT Michigan
    7--Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Of course this would require a trade down. I think Odrick could be available between 20-28 of the first round. I’d like to acquire another 2nd round to accomplish this mock draft. But it’s all fantasy anyways.

2-Sean Weatherspoon LB (maybe not the most ideal spot for him inside but he is a great football player who will be on the field every 3 downs)

2-Chad Jones FS (great size,above average speed, and a truck load of athleticism—oh and he can make plays on the ball—could play either safety spot—returner as well)

3-Jon Asamoah OG (second best guard in this draft—a tenacious run blocker, very strong)

4-Alteraun Verner CB (maybe not the best overall skill set..but I don’t think there is a CB in this draft who breaks on the ball better than Verner—a 4 year starter at UCLA 13 career picks and he’ll come up and tackle too—12 career tackles for loss)

6-Junior Galette OLB (Sleeper—speed/edge rusher who has the prototypical size for a 3-4 OLB)

7-Jonathan Crompton QB ( not that we need a Qb..I just wanna see signs in Heinz that read..”Straight out of Crompton” )

I would be ok with the first 3 picks....not thrilled with the rest....I really like Jones at FS....however I think we need a corner more...would also like to see an OL before another DE...but would be ok with those first 3 picks.

I could see a couple of scenarios developing for a team that thinks they are ready to win a SB now....feeling they need a certain player.....maybe a Brandon Spikes....an Earl Thomas....or maybe a QB drops and they want to draft Favres replacement.
    Trade our 1/15 to SF for 1/29 & 2/56

1) Kyle Fuller-CB-Va Tech
    2) Jordan Mathews-WR-Vandy
    2) Brandon Thomas-OL-Clemson
    3c) Kelsey Quarles-DE-South Carolina
    4) Lache Seastrunk-RB-Baylor
    5))Prince Shembo-OLB-Notre Dame
    5c) Khyri Thornton-DT-Southern Miss
    6) Aron Colvin-DB-Oklahoma
    6c)Max BulloughILB-Mich St
    7) Henry Josey-RB-Missouri

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman

I would hope a quarteback who doenst throw INT's in the playofss....but really...who cares?? :P

Steelers 2014 Draft

1--Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
    2--Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-- -- Traded --
    3B--C.J. Fiedorwicz TE Iowa
    4--Jordan Tripp ILB Montana
    5--Brent Urban DE Virginia
    6--Michael Schofield OT Michigan
    7--Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State

Hall of Famer

[quote=JUST-PLAIN-NASTY][quote="Dee Dub":83w0t5hr][quote="JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":83w0t5hr]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dee Dub":83w0t5hr

7-Jonathan Crompton QB ( not that we need a Qb..I just wanna see signs in Heinz that read..”Straight our of Crompton” )

If Weatherspoon lasts until our 2nd round pick I will reach through this screen and pinch your nipples in excitement!!! [/quote:83w0t5hr]

He wont..but he should be available early to mid second round and hopefully we can find a partner who is willing to trade up in the first round.

These teams all have multiple second round picks...

2nd round

Kansas City has a #2 from Atlanta (TE Tony Gonzales)
    New England has a #2 from Jacksonville (2009 draft trade)
    New England has a #2 from Tennessee (2009 draft trade)
    Tampa Bay has a #2 pick from Chicago (DE Gaines Adams)[/quote:83w0t5hr]

He is positioned right now as a late first with his play on film and the Senior Bowl. After the combine...When he runs in the mid 4.5's, is near the tops in the shuttle & cone times for LBs, looks fluid in his postion drills, and throws up almost 30 reps of 225....I project him to a mid first. We will see.[/quote:83w0t5hr]
    I was off on the bench. But...Stronger than I thought is a good thing. WOW!
    1st (T-D) Kelvin Benjamin WR
    2nd Bradley Roby CB
    3a Kareem Martin DE
    3b C.J. Fiedorowicz TE
    4th Christian Jones LB
    5a Dri Archer RB
    5b Kevin Pierre-Louis LB
    6a Beau Allen NT
    6b Shaquille Richardson CB
    7th John Brown WR