Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dee Dub’s First Mock….

Hall of Famer

Re: Dee Dub’s First Mock….

[quote=Dee Dub][quote="JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":3ceg3oge][quote="Dee Dub":3ceg3oge][quote="JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":3ceg3oge]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dee Dub":3ceg3oge
    Of course this would require a trade down. I think Odrick could be available between 20-28 of the first round. I’d like to acquire another 2nd round to accomplish this mock draft. But it’s all fantasy anyways.

1-Jared Ordick DT (if you like Aaron Smith—then you’ll love this guy)

2-Sean Weatherspoon LB (maybe not the most ideal spot for him inside but he is a great football player who will be on the field every 3 downs)

2-Chad Jones FS (great size,above average speed, and a truck load of athleticism—oh and he can make plays on the ball—could play either safety spot—returner as well)

3-Jon Asamoah OG (second best guard in this draft—a tenacious run blocker, very strong)

4-Alteraun Verner CB (maybe not the best overall skill set..but I don’t think there is a CB in this draft who breaks on the ball better than Verner—a 4 year starter at UCLA 13 career picks and he’ll come up and tackle too—12 career tackles for loss)

5- J.D. Walton C (Held both Ndamakung Suh and Gerald McCoy to 3 tackles each)

6-Junior Galette OLB (Sleeper—speed/edge rusher who has the prototypical size for a 3-4 OLB)

7-Jonathan Crompton QB ( not that we need a Qb..I just wanna see signs in Heinz that read..”Straight our of Crompton” )

If Weatherspoon lasts until our 2nd round pick I will reach through this screen and pinch your nipples in excitement!!! [/quote:3ceg3oge]

He wont..but he should be available early to mid second round and hopefully we can find a partner who is willing to trade up in the first round.

These teams all have multiple second round picks...

2nd round

Kansas City has a #2 from Atlanta (TE Tony Gonzales)
    New England has a #2 from Jacksonville (2009 draft trade)
    New England has a #2 from Tennessee (2009 draft trade)
    Tampa Bay has a #2 pick from Chicago (DE Gaines Adams)[/quote:3ceg3oge]

He is positioned right now as a late first with his play on film and the Senior Bowl. After the combine...When he runs in the mid 4.5's, is near the tops in the shuttle & cone times for LBs, looks fluid in his postion drills, and throws up almost 30 reps of 225....I project him to a mid first. We will see.[/quote:3ceg3oge]

Hey...I said fantasy didnt I?? Can I not dream?

Swap him out then for Brandon Spikes.[/quote:3ceg3oge]

You wouldn't hear me complain if the picks were Ordick & Spikes. Unless of course they passed on Spoon for Ordick.

That would be a phenomenal draft. I love the idea of Jones in the 2nd. He has as much ability as any safety in the draft. He just needs some coaching. Jones is a very good baseball player so having him focus only on football probably means he will get a lot better.

You are right, that draft is a dream (I like Walton as well). Unfortunately it will probably never happen.
    The Steelers’ went through seven consecutive drafts (2003-09) without taking an offensive lineman in the first two rounds, the longest such streak by any franchise this century.

[quote=Dee Dub][quote="JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":3l8cckhs][quote="Dee Dub":3l8cckhs][quote="JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":3l8cckhs]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dee Dub":3l8cckhs
    Of course this would require a trade down. I think Odrick could be available between 20-28 of the first round. I’d like to acquire another 2nd round to accomplish this mock draft. But it’s all fantasy anyways.

2-Sean Weatherspoon LB (maybe not the most ideal spot for him inside but he is a great football player who will be on the field every 3 downs)

2-Chad Jones FS (great size,above average speed, and a truck load of athleticism—oh and he can make plays on the ball—could play either safety spot—returner as well)

3-Jon Asamoah OG (second best guard in this draft—a tenacious run blocker, very strong)

4-Alteraun Verner CB (maybe not the best overall skill set..but I don’t think there is a CB in this draft who breaks on the ball better than Verner—a 4 year starter at UCLA 13 career picks and he’ll come up and tackle too—12 career tackles for loss)

6-Junior Galette OLB (Sleeper—speed/edge rusher who has the prototypical size for a 3-4 OLB)

7-Jonathan Crompton QB ( not that we need a Qb..I just wanna see signs in Heinz that read..”Straight our of Crompton” )

If Weatherspoon lasts until our 2nd round pick I will reach through this screen and pinch your nipples in excitement!!! [/quote:3l8cckhs]

He wont..but he should be available early to mid second round and hopefully we can find a partner who is willing to trade up in the first round.

These teams all have multiple second round picks...

2nd round

Kansas City has a #2 from Atlanta (TE Tony Gonzales)
    New England has a #2 from Jacksonville (2009 draft trade)
    New England has a #2 from Tennessee (2009 draft trade)
    Tampa Bay has a #2 pick from Chicago (DE Gaines Adams)[/quote:3l8cckhs]

He is positioned right now as a late first with his play on film and the Senior Bowl. After the combine...When he runs in the mid 4.5's, is near the tops in the shuttle & cone times for LBs, looks fluid in his postion drills, and throws up almost 30 reps of 225....I project him to a mid first. We will see.[/quote:3l8cckhs]

Hey...I said fantasy didnt I?? Can I not dream?

Swap him out then for Brandon Spikes.[/quote:3l8cckhs]

this is what one NFL scout had to say about Spikes, who is that "thumper" type of ILB that some here on this Board would prefer to team with Timmons versus Weatherspoon who is similar to Timmons in certain aspects.

Did Brandon Spikes hurt himself by coming back to UF for his senior year?

Daniel Jeremiah: I don’t think so. When you really study him, if he came out last year, you would have seen some of his deficiencies with some of his stiffness. The people that are attracted to his positive qualities would have been the same thing as last year to this year. The only reason he maybe could have come out was it was a weaker draft last year.

What do you mean by stiffness?

DJ: He’s got stiff hips. When he gets isolated with athletic backs, he’s stiff, he has a tough time re-directing and making the tackle. He’s not a fluid player. He’s really really physical, really strong, he’s just not a fluid athlete in terms of changing direction.

Spikes/Tim Casey Gator Country
    Is he a mike or a will (middle or weakside linebacker)?

DJ: I think he’s a mike all the way. I think he’s a perfect fit in a 3-4 because he can bang inside. When you’re a 3-4 inside linebacker you usually have to be able to take on guards, and you have to be big and strong to be able to do that. I think in a 4-3 mike he maybe doesn’t have the ideal range. It would be tough but he could play it.

Do you hear about character issues with Spikes? Everyone calls him the “Tim Tebow of the defense,” but he had a few odd incidents – The eye gouge, skipping the BCS championship ceremony and SEC media days, shutting off the media in August.

DJ: During the fall when the scouts went in there, that’s what Urban was telling everybody – “As much as Tebow means to the offense with the leadership, Spikes means it to the defense,” and raved about his leadership qualities and how he brings up the play of everybody around him. So some of the goofy decisions he’s made maybe, but it’s going to be offset by the Florida head coach, and everybody there kind of raves about his leadership.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    That is truly a well thought out mock draft that merits praise and compliments!

nice

If the draft fell that way I would literally mess my drawers. But, it's not realistic. But, nice eye for talent.

Hall of Famer

no trade all the pucks to move up and grab a certain player this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    If the draft fell that way I would literally mess my drawers. But, it's not realistic. But, nice eye for talent.
    OK then lets drop the trade down thing. Here is what I would do.

1-Jared Odrick DT
    2-Chad Jones FS
    3-Jon Asamoah OG
    4-Alterreaun Verner CB
    5-J.D. Walton C
    6-Junior Galette OLB
    7-Keiland Williams RB

Now let look at yours...

1) Earl Thomas-FS
    2) Patrick Robinson-DB-----wont last past pick 40 in second round
    3) Toby Gerhart-RB--------as much as I like Gerhart dont we already have one of these already? See: Rashard Mendenhall
    4) Torrell Troup-NT
    5) Matt Tennant-C-------I think my center is better than this guy..ask Suh and McCoy
    5b) Myron Rolle-SS-------probably will pursue a medical career with his Rhode Scholar
    6) Mike Neal-DT
    7) Jake Ballard-TE--------No more frickin TE's please. How many do we need?

Other than that....not bad Shawnie.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    OK then lets drop the trade down thing. Here is what I would do.

1-Jared Odrick DT
    2-Chad Jones FS
    3-Jon Asamoah OG
    4-Alterreaun Verner CB
    5-J.D. Walton C
    6-Junior Galette OLB
    7-Keiland Williams RB

Now let look at yours...

1) Earl Thomas-FS
    2) Patrick Robinson-DB-----wont last past pick 40 in second round
    3) Toby Gerhart-RB--------as much as I like Gerhart dont we already have one of these already? See: Rashard Mendenhall
    4) Torrell Troup-NT
    5) Matt Tennant-C-------I think my center is better than this guy..ask Suh and McCoy
    5b) Myron Rolle-SS-------probably will pursue a medical career with his Rhode Scholar
    6) Mike Neal-DT
    7) Jake Ballard-TE--------No more frickin TE's please. How many do we need?

Other than that....not bad Shawnie.
    No need to get defensive...just won't happen.

That is an excellent mock draft. :P

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub

7-Jonathan Crompton QB ( not that we need a Qb..I just wanna see signs in Heinz that read..”Straight out of Crompton” )

I would be ok with the first 3 picks....not thrilled with the rest....I really like Jones at FS....however I think we need a corner more...would also like to see an OL before another DE...but would be ok with those first 3 picks.
    Trade our 1/15 to SF for 1/30, 2/56, 4/129

1/30-Louis Nix-DT-ND
    2/46-Stephon Tuitt-DE-ND
    2/56-Jordan Mathews-WR-Vandy
    3/97-Phillip Gaines-CB-Rice
    4/118-Taylor Hart-DE-Oregon
    4/129-Lache Seastrunk-RB-Baylor
    5/157-Aaron Colvin-DB-Oklahoma
    5/173-Brandon Thomas-OL-Clemson
    6/192-Ka'Deem Carey-RB-Arizona
    6/215-Prince Shembo-OLB_Notre Dame
    7/230-Colt Lyerla-TE-Oregon