Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dee Dub’s First Mock….

Dee Dub’s First Mock….

Of course this would require a trade down. I think Odrick could be available between 20-28 of the first round. I’d like to acquire another 2nd round to accomplish this mock draft. But it’s all fantasy anyways.

1-Jared Ordick DT (if you like Aaron Smith—then you’ll love this guy)

2-Sean Weatherspoon LB (maybe not the most ideal spot for him inside but he is a great football player who will be on the field every 3 downs)

2-Chad Jones FS (great size,above average speed, and a truck load of athleticism—oh and he can make plays on the ball—could play either safety spot—returner as well)

3-Jon Asamoah OG (second best guard in this draft—a tenacious run blocker, very strong)

4-Alteraun Verner CB (maybe not the best overall skill set..but I don’t think there is a CB in this draft who breaks on the ball better than Verner—a 4 year starter at UCLA 13 career picks and he’ll come up and tackle too—12 career tackles for loss)

5- J.D. Walton C (Held both Ndamakung Suh and Gerald McCoy to 3 tackles each)

6-Junior Galette OLB (Sleeper—speed/edge rusher who has the prototypical size for a 3-4 OLB)

7-Jonathan Crompton QB ( not that we need a Qb..I just wanna see signs in Heinz that read..”Straight out of Crompton” )
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

Hall of Famer

Re: Dee Dub’s First Mock….

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Of course this would require a trade down. I think Odrick could be available between 20-28 of the first round. I’d like to acquire another 2nd round to accomplish this mock draft. But it’s all fantasy anyways.

2-Sean Weatherspoon LB (maybe not the most ideal spot for him inside but he is a great football player who will be on the field every 3 downs)

2-Chad Jones FS (great size,above average speed, and a truck load of athleticism—oh and he can make plays on the ball—could play either safety spot—returner as well)

3-Jon Asamoah OG (second best guard in this draft—a tenacious run blocker, very strong)

4-Alteraun Verner CB (maybe not the best overall skill set..but I don’t think there is a CB in this draft who breaks on the ball better than Verner—a 4 year starter at UCLA 13 career picks and he’ll come up and tackle too—12 career tackles for loss)

6-Junior Galette OLB (Sleeper—speed/edge rusher who has the prototypical size for a 3-4 OLB)

7-Jonathan Crompton QB ( not that we need a Qb..I just wanna see signs in Heinz that read..”Straight our of Crompton” )

If Weatherspoon lasts until our 2nd round pick I will reach through this screen and pinch your nipples in excitement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub

7-Jonathan Crompton QB ( not that we need a Qb..I just wanna see signs in Heinz that read..”Straight our of Crompton” )

wow, how i would LOVE to get Odrick, Weatherspoon and Jones in this draft!

however, even if we traded down and acquired an extra 2nd round pick it wouldn't come until the end of Round 2 and Weatherspoon will never last until our selection at #52 in the 2nd round.

[quote=JUST-PLAIN-NASTY]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dee Dub":3ksg88t9

If Weatherspoon lasts until our 2nd round pick I will reach through this screen and pinch your nipples in excitement!!! [/quote:3ksg88t9]

He wont..but he should be available early to mid second round and hopefully we can find a partner who is willing to trade up in the first round.

These teams all have multiple second round picks...

2nd round

Kansas City has a #2 from Atlanta (TE Tony Gonzales)
    New England has a #2 from Jacksonville (2009 draft trade)
    New England has a #2 from Tennessee (2009 draft trade)
    Tampa Bay has a #2 pick from Chicago (DE Gaines Adams)

Hall of Famer

I like a lot of these guys.

Chad Jones is a playmaker. He is good in the back half and at the line. He'll be great on special teams as well.

Asamoah is tough as nails and his recent injury should push him down a bit.

I keep warming up to the idea of Odrick. But, can we afford to waste two #1 picks on backup DEs? Maybe we could trade Keisel.

Galette isn't exactly a sleeper any more. He was very impressive in the Texas vs. the Nation game against Veldheer and every other tackle they ran out there. He won't last that long.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

[quote=Dee Dub][quote="JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":hl2msnb6]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dee Dub":hl2msnb6

If Weatherspoon lasts until our 2nd round pick I will reach through this screen and pinch your nipples in excitement!!! [/quote:hl2msnb6]

He wont..but he should be available early to mid second round and hopefully we can find a partner who is willing to trade up in the first round.

2nd round

Tampa Bay has a #2 pick from Chicago (DE Gaines Adams)[/quote:hl2msnb6]

but then we wouldn't have a #1 pick to select Odrick with under your scenario...

[quote=hawaiiansteel][quote=Dee Dub]
    Quote Originally Posted by "JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":2ikvaqmb
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dee Dub":2ikvaqmb

If Weatherspoon lasts until our 2nd round pick I will reach through this screen and pinch your nipples in excitement!!!

2nd round

Tampa Bay has a #2 pick from Chicago (DE Gaines Adams)[/quote:2ikvaqmb]

but then we wouldn't have a #1 pick to select Odrick with under your scenario...[/quote:2ikvaqmb]

New England has a first round pick behind us...

Hall of Famer

[quote=Dee Dub][quote="JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":1v0nlhjn]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dee Dub":1v0nlhjn

If Weatherspoon lasts until our 2nd round pick I will reach through this screen and pinch your nipples in excitement!!! [/quote:1v0nlhjn]

2nd round

Tampa Bay has a #2 pick from Chicago (DE Gaines Adams)[/quote:1v0nlhjn]

He is positioned right now as a late first with his play on film and the Senior Bowl. After the combine...When he runs in the mid 4.5's, is near the tops in the shuttle & cone times for LBs, looks fluid in his postion drills, and throws up almost 30 reps of 225....I project him to a mid first. We will see.

Hall of Famer

That is truly a well thought out mock draft that merits praise and compliments!
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

[quote=JUST-PLAIN-NASTY][quote="Dee Dub":14cob8oi][quote="JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":14cob8oi]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dee Dub":14cob8oi

If Weatherspoon lasts until our 2nd round pick I will reach through this screen and pinch your nipples in excitement!!! [/quote:14cob8oi]

2nd round

Tampa Bay has a #2 pick from Chicago (DE Gaines Adams)[/quote:14cob8oi]

He is positioned right now as a late first with his play on film and the Senior Bowl. After the combine...When he runs in the mid 4.5's, is near the tops in the shuttle & cone times for LBs, looks fluid in his postion drills, and throws up almost 30 reps of 225....I project him to a mid first. We will see.[/quote:14cob8oi]

Hey...I said fantasy didnt I?? Can I not dream?

Swap him out then for Brandon Spikes.