Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: In case anyone did not hear this interview Ben with Madden

Legend

Re: In case anyone did not hear this interview Ben with Madden

What hail mary pass are you talking about Flasteel?

please explain how a GB loss would have reflected badly on Arians?

You can't.

All this talk about the O being so bad is bunk... sure they can get better but they are far from bad. Every team talks about how potent are O is.. yet a few on here keep looking at one game or a few RZ failures as proof our O sucks.

stop giving Ben all the praise and BA all the failure and then maybe.. just maybe, you will see the O isn't as bad as you and a few other armchair OC's make it out to be.

Our O is very good...but it does need to get better in the RZ and it has to be able to exert it's will on an opponent late in games to protect leads, run clock and wind that ancient D.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    What hail mary pass are you talking about Flasteel?

please explain how a GB loss would have reflected badly on Arians?

You can't.

All this talk about the O being so bad is bunk... sure they can get better but they are far from bad. Every team talks about how potent are O is.. yet a few on here keep looking at one game or a few RZ failures as proof our O sucks.

stop giving Ben all the praise and BA all the failure and then maybe.. just maybe, you will see the O isn't as bad as you and a few other armchair OC's make it out to be.
    The Hail Mary pass I'm referring to is Ben's well documented trip to Mike Tomlin to stump for BA. I'm just using the term that Jim Wexel used...not that it actually saved him.

As for the rest of your post, you are becoming somewhat delusional my friend. Nobody is trying to use the Green Bay Game to do anything, let alone use it to somehow make Arians look bad. For you to suggest anything remotely close to that makes me believe that you are struggling with the processing the words in front of you.

I've lowered the boom on Ben when it's been called for and I've cursed his name out loud on more than a few occasions. I don't have a Ben Fat Head on my wall or anything but I recognize that the guy is a rare talent and a possible Hall of Fame QB in our midst. If you don't think the lion's-share of any success we have on offense should go to him, then I don't know what else to say.

Bruce Arians on the other hand has struggled in his capacity as an NFL Offensive Coordinator both times he has had the opportunity. He fell ass-backwards into the laps of Peyton Manning and Ben to land those positions.

Arians is not devoid of any coaching ability but clearly struggles with his effectiveness in play-calling and successfully incorporating the run. I disagree with many of his philosophies and believe he lacks creativity...but hey, that's more like an opinion.

I'm not painting the offense out to be pathetic. As I stated earlier in this thread, it is at times unstoppable. It's just no coincidence that the vast majority of times when it is unstoppable, Ben is calling the plays.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Legend

Not everyone follows Jim Wexel or believes the rumors of Ben saving BA....

To say hailmary and not clarify and my processing it as the miracle heave in GB isn't delusional. When people keep saying an OC is on the chopping block because they want him to be is delusional IMO.

It's also unfair to say Ben is this great talent and only succeeds when he calls the plays. Why would Ben want a guy who fails him for 60 to 70% of the plays? Why is Holmes pleased with BA? How come Wallace has emerged and Dixon had a great game when he was forced to start?

Sure.... It's all Ben and his magic. Ben, who holds the ball and tries to make things happen... surely he couldn't come up short from time to time or miss reads. It's all BA.

I'm not saying BA is the best in the world but he is great for Ben and we have had been pretty good on O. We give up a few things in the smashmouth dept but we are dynamic and deadly and can score quickly if we need to. We also control clock and put our team in position to win at least 13 games last year. Expecting efficiency and a high RZ success rate with a guy like Ben is asking for a lot. Ben is a gambler and some games we will go 4-4 in the RZ and some games we will be 0-4...

In so many ways we are told Ben is Ben... take the good with the bad... but no one wants to put the whole offense on Ben and put the RZ frustration "bad" on Ben...

You can't have it both ways... You can't have Ben amd expect Peyton execution on offense.

I'm not saying the rumors are true but Wexell is the most solid reporter in the Burgh IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Not everyone follows Jim Wexel or believes the rumors of Ben saving BA....

To say hailmary and not clarify and my processing it as the miracle heave in GB isn't delusional. When people keep saying an OC is on the chopping block because they want him to be is delusional IMO.

It's also unfair to say Ben is this great talent and only succeeds when he calls the plays. Why would Ben want a guy who fails him for 60 to 70% of the plays? Why is Holmes pleased with BA? How come Wallace has emerged and Dixon had a great game when he was forced to start?

Sure.... It's all Ben and his magic. Ben, who holds the ball and tries to make things happen... surely he couldn't come up short from time to time or miss reads. It's all BA.

I'm not saying BA is the best in the world but he is great for Ben and we have had been pretty good on O. We give up a few things in the smashmouth dept but we are dynamic and deadly and can score quickly if we need to. We also control clock and put our team in position to win at least 13 games last year. Expecting efficiency and a high RZ success rate with a guy like Ben is asking for a lot. Ben is a gambler and some games we will go 4-4 in the RZ and some games we will be 0-4...

In so many ways we are told Ben is Ben... take the good with the bad... but no one wants to put the whole offense on Ben and put the RZ frustration "bad" on Ben...

You can't have it both ways... You can't have Ben amd expect Peyton execution on offense.
    Now I see what you were thinking with the "Hail Mary"...Ben's pass to Wallace.
    I wasn't making that connection at all. I've never even thought of that pass as a Hail Mary, so it didn't register.

At least I know you're not completely losing your mind Dizz. Combined with your affinity for BA, I was really starting to worry about your sanity. :P

By the way, I think you are glossing our offense over quite a bit. We may have the talent and ability to be dynamic and deadly, but we sure don't have the balance and consistency to wear that as a full-time moniker.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp