Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In case anyone did not hear this interview Ben with Madden

Re: In case anyone did not hear this interview Ben with Madden

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    Gailey, Mularkey and Whiz weren't perfect, but they were light years better than BA when it comes to situational play calling and in-game adjustments.
    That's a load of crap.

It's amazing how Chan Gailey got "better" as our OC once he left. This was the same guy who was SHREDDED by fans and media when he had Kordell throw deep up 14-10 with the ball against Denver in the AFC title game when Jerome was kicking their bad word.

I'm also sick of hearing how the Steelers "season was on the line against the Browns". As if it wasn't when they lost to the pathetic Raiders 4 days prior.

The defense gave up too many points following our own scores in the 4th quarter. But somehow that became the offense's fault too.

Crash, nice to see you posting here.

If only you could learn to stop beating around the bush and tell us how you really feel...

Gailey, Mularkey and Whiz weren't perfect, but they were light years better than BA when it comes to situational play calling and in-game adjustments.
    That's a load of crap.

It's amazing how Chan Gailey got "better" as our OC once he left. This was the same guy who was SHREDDED by fans and media when he had Kordell throw deep up 14-10 with the ball against Denver in the AFC title game when Jerome was kicking their bad word.

I'm also sick of hearing how the Steelers "season was on the line against the Browns". As if it wasn't when they lost to the pathetic Raiders 4 days prior.

The defense gave up too many points following our own scores in the 4th quarter. But somehow that became the offense's fault too.
    I'll see your load of crap and raise it a load.

Just because you accurately point out a negative fact about Gailey, doesn't mean that he was not light years ahead of BA (he was) or that he wasn't more widely appreciated by the fans (which he also was). There is no revisionist history taking place here and even with that black eye on his record he was far and away a better OC than Arians. That's pretty much why Chan "The Man" left to become head coach of the Cowboys while BA was a "Hail Mary" pass away from being kicked to the curb.

Same thing with your "defense" of our offense. Just because you accurately point out that our defense laid down in the 4th quarter does not absolve the offense (especially BA) of any responsibility. Our no-huddle and muddle huddle packages were nearly unstoppable and when we needed a score we almost always got a score. Remember who is NOT calling the plays in those situations and then look at how effective the offense is rest of the time...how it disappears for long stretches and flops when it enters scoring position.

BA is staying put, but there is going to be significant input into his philosophical approach. I think we're going to see the return to our roster of a blocking fullback as well as an investment coming up in the interior line (or RT). Put a little more focus on our running game and give Ben more and more time calling his own plays and I think we'll be okay.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel

nice re-raise.

Legend

That's a load of crap.

Just because you accurately point out a negative fact about Gailey, doesn't mean that he was not light years ahead of BA (he was) or that he wasn't more widely appreciated by the fans (which he also was). There is no revisionist history taking place here and even with that black eye on his record he was far and away a better OC than Arians. That's pretty much why Chan "The Man" left to become head coach of the Cowboys while BA was a "Hail Mary" pass away from being kicked to the curb.

Same thing with your "defense" of our offense. Just because you accurately point out that our defense laid down in the 4th quarter does not absolve the offense (especially BA) of any responsibility. Our no-huddle and muddle huddle packages were nearly unstoppable and when we needed a score we almost always got a score. Remember who is NOT calling the plays in those situations and then look at how effective the offense is rest of the time...how it disappears for long stretches and flops when it enters scoring position.

BA is staying put, but there is going to be significant input into his philosophical approach. I think we're going to see the return to our roster of a blocking fullback as well as an investment coming up in the interior line (or RT). Put a little more focus on our running game and give Ben more and more time calling his own plays and I think we'll be okay.

Legend

That's a load of crap.

That is stupid.....

How was BA a hailmairy away from being fired if we onside kicked due to the D being a pile of crap in the GB game?

The fact we onside kicked shows FAITH in BA and the O and LACK OF FAITH in the D.

I can't believe you doubled down on crap with that idiocy.

You and a few others need to smarten up to the reality of what failed us last year. There is no such thing as a perfect offense... but if our freaking D showed any signs of life in the 4th quarter during the skid I bet you our Offense is talked about as one of the best last year.

EVERYONE talks about how scary our O is... but a select few on here refuse to admit defeat in the battle of BA...

You guys actually believed BA was on the chopping block after last season. This is the problem when you surround yourself with yes men who scream "BA sucks" after watching our D give up record points in the 4th quarter...

Real Men of Genius. LOL!!!

and one other thing... Do you guys who say Ben calls the no huddle really think he doesn't have input or call plays at other times? This is Ben's offense. Funny how Ben is a God and we are supposed to live and die with the sandlot... yet you guys can't live and die by it and have to blame BA. We tend to go right down the field on our opening possession with scripted plays....

Hall of Famer

That's a load of crap.

Add me to your chorus Flasteel. I remember Gailey as being one of our better OCs. He was creative but not to the point of being a wacky Wiche-type. And it's not like he was run out of town. He was given a big promotion to HC the Cowboys.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast
    That's a load of crap.

Add me to your chorus Flasteel. I remember Gailey as being one of our better OCs. He was creative but not to the point of being a wacky Wiche-type. And it's not like he was run out of town. He was given a big promotion to HC the Cowboys.
    Gailey wasn't bad.. but here is the rub...

when you have a subpar QB and excel you are seen as a great OC..

when you have a great QB and win a SB... it's in spite of the OC. Everytime a great QB does something great it's because he is great (Ben)... but when it fails? Well it's obviously the OC's fault because the QB and talent are so great they could never fail...

Every year Dallas' OC goes from Bum to #1 then right back to a bum.

After the Denver loss Gailey was bashed something terrible because he passed when Jerome was killing them.

Hall of Famer

he raised....thats poker

double dopwn is blackjack

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    he raised....thats poker

double dopwn is blackjack
    you spelled down wrong....

I'm being picky though ain't I?

I'm not a poker player so I just went with the betting terminology that had the word double in it.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz

That is stupid.....

How was BA a hailmairy away from being fired if we onside kicked due to the D being a pile of crap in the GB game?

The fact we onside kicked shows FAITH in BA and the O and LACK OF FAITH in the D.

I can't believe you doubled down on crap with that idiocy.

You and a few others need to smarten up to the reality of what failed us last year. There is no such thing as a perfect offense... but if our freaking D showed any signs of life in the 4th quarter during the skid I bet you our Offense is talked about as one of the best last year.

EVERYONE talks about how scary our O is... but a select few on here refuse to admit defeat in the battle of BA...

You guys actually believed BA was on the chopping block after last season. This is the problem when you surround yourself with yes men who scream "BA sucks" after watching our D give up record points in the 4th quarter...

Real Men of Genius. LOL!!!

and one other thing... Do you guys who say Ben calls the no huddle really think he doesn't have input or call plays at other times? This is Ben's offense. Funny how Ben is a God and we are supposed to live and die with the sandlot... yet you guys can't live and die by it and have to blame BA. We tend to go right down the field on our opening possession with scripted plays....
    Stupid? Try reading your first sentence a few times and see how much sense that makes.

To make things worse, you are pointing to a failure on the defensive side of the ball and trying to use it as "proof" that BA is a good coordinator or that our offense was free of issues because the defense was actually the unit that let us down.

The same kind of "logic" I was laughing at earlier.

We could sit here and point to many mistakes that were made by any unit, any player, or any coach throughout the course of a season. To actually say that the onside kick in the Green Bay game was a show of support for the overall job BA was doing is so ridiculous it is beyond stupid...it is tantamount to unintelligible babble.

If you don't believe that people within the organization...I'm talking, players, coaches, and ownership, were looking at Arians as a problem, then I don't know what to tell you Dizz. He was saved by two things. Tomlin's propensity to stay the course and the lobbying of Ben Roethlisberger. I believe he's on thin ice this year and the consistency of our running game and overall effectiveness of the offense have got to increase if he is to stay.

I knew that a lot of you guys who are ardent supporters of Arians would look at his retention as some type of validation to your understanding of the game. The reality is that it's very easy to detect the internal criticism surrounding BA. All of the things which he has been criticized for here and elsewhere are legitimate observations and have been backed by detailed evidence to support it going back to 2007...hell, going back to Cleveland...or Temple.

All you fan club members can do is point to the horrible job of the defense (which is legitimate, but a separate issue), the fact that we had all of these "great" individual statistical performances, and the fact that he's still here. None of you have come up with or can come up with a logical counter argument to the legitimate problems many of us see with Arians...other than we are not in the huddle, don't know the playbook and therefore have no true understanding of what's going on.

Yeah right.

Like I stated earlier...we'll be okay as long as we have the Rooneys and Tomlin forcing the running game into BA's offense and they continue to let Ben take more of the play-calling from him.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp