Thanks for sharing. I downloaded it so I can listen later.
I did listen to the first couple of minutes before I realized how long it was. I like that Ben said this is the first season that he didn't miss any practices...despite all the hits everyone is so worried about him taking.
Mark Madden is dead to me now that 93.7 The Fan is now up and running.
Madden is insufferable to listen to. All he does is talk over his callers and tell them what idiots they are. Those callers and listeners are the only reason he has a show. How anyone listens long enough to even consider calling in is beyond me.
I didn't get warm fuzzies listening to several parts of this interview with Ben.
1) "I didn't miss any practices this year, 1st year ever". Then he says, "I got held out of the Baltimore game because of that concussion". ??? - he practiced during the week with a fresh concussion but got held out of the game, or he's not being accurate with his statement? Also, didn't he miss a practice or two after he hurt his shoulder in Miami? Either way, it belies the point he was trying to make, that he was healthy all year long - he wasn't, he missed at least one game with injury, and some practices too, I'd bet.
2) What do you think Ben, did the offense have problems, is there something they can improve on? "Come on, we had a 4000 yard passer, two 1000 yard receivers, 1000 yard rusher ... how could we have done better?" No acknowledgement of horrible RZ/goal line scoring problems. Is he blinded by stats, or is he just wisely covering up so his coaches/fellow players don't feel like they're being thrown under the bus?
3) "Our front line is a dangerous unit, they really are", says Ben. He doesn't know how accurate he is , it's dangerous to HIM. "Is that irony?"
4) It's confirmed - Ben is slobber on BA, BA will probably never leave.
5) "At the end of the year we were playing great football", Ben says. Didn't they barely beat Miami?
Maybe I'm nitpicking, I don't mean to be, sorry, and I apologize for offending anyone (at least MSM isn't here!). He said he wants to be remembered as one of the best, and I believe he will work hard to get there, and is basically just about there - another ring is easily in his reach! It's just that some of his answers were a little ... off, IMO.
We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!
HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!
I seem to recall that Ben practiced all week but then was a late scratch from the Ravens game due to the headaches.
Also, the Dolphins game was the last of the season. :P
I noticed much of the same. I'm a bit disheartened about the BO, I mean BA comments.Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
I did not agree with everything stated during the interview.
1) Hines Ward said he was mad at Ben because he practiced all week then was scratched on Saturday before the Ravens game. The Miami game was the last game... I would be concerned if Ben reported to practice after the season was over.Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
2) I think it's obvious Ben wants to score TD's... a lot of them. However I also think he understands a 100% success rate isn't going to happen in the RZ... If anything he is covering for the janky D who blew a few late leads. The numbers do not lie.. those stats are amazing. If our D is anywhere close to where the usually are we are a 12-4 team last year.
3) I agree.. but I also think Ben can make a good OL look bad and a bad OL look good depending on the game. He has always taken a high number of sacks.
4) Of course Ben loves BA.... he has said it a bunch of times!
5) On offense the Steelers were playing great football...
I think you are nitpicking.. LOL!!!
Step back from the anger and look at Ben's job production last year. He has nothing to be ashamed of. He won't make every play but he made the majority of them.
Bell was fishwhacked, and it was obvious. Where there is piss, there is fire. - Moonie
Let's see how many of you get this question right:Originally Posted by SteelAbility
Which of the following was not a factor in Ben's decision to throw BA the "Hail Mary" that kept him off the streets?
A. They are golfing buddies
b. Ben gets to call his own plays in the no-huddle
c. The offense was consistent, efficient, high scoring, and well-balanced under BA
d. They have the ability to mind meld
e. Ben did not want to learn a new offense at this stage in his career
Ben saw limited practice time before the Ravens game. He was not a full participant that week but didn't "miss" a practice.
I don't think the offense is as bad as people think, needs a tweak here and there. Dump Spaeth, leave Wallace on the field, and start using Mendenhall rushing wide instead of just between the tackles. They seemed to get away from that after the Denver game.
Ben not wanting to learn a new offense is one thing, but one also has to consider that if Arians were to go, that's also a third system for Holmes, Miller, and a second system for guys like Mendenhall and Wallace who are just getting started also. You need some stability as an offense, in personnel and in system.