Thread: Olympic Hockey Medal Round Begins Today

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Olympic Hockey Medal Round Begins Today

Who would have thought that the U.S. would be undefeated in regulation play during the qualification round and earn the top seed and a bye to the quarterfinals, and we get to play a team that we have already beaten (the Swiss) on the road to the semifinals?

Who would have thought that the co-favorites of the tournament, Canada and Russia, would be meeting in the quarterfinals, with one of them being eliminated from medal contention today? If you don't watch this game in particular, then you just don't love hockey.

It should be a heck of a day for hockey. It would be nice if they would play a few of these games on the network itself instead of the sister stations, because I am used to watching hockey in HD, and I only get that with NBC, not with MSNBC or CNBC.

Today's men's hockey schedule (according to nbcolympics.com):

USA vs. Switzerland 12:00 PT (3:00 ET)
    Russia vs. Canada 4:30 PT (7:30 ET)
    Finland vs. Czech Republic 7:00 PT (10:00 ET)
    Sweden vs. Slovakia 9:00 PT (12:00 ET)

The times don't make sense, because I thought all of the hockey was at GM place (where the Canucks play), but there isn't enough time to play all those games at those times unless, say, the Finland/Czech game will be played at a different venue.

Re: Olympic Hockey Medal Round Begins Today

any idea if the US or Canada/Russia games will be replayed? I had the unfortunate event of having 5 hours of class tonight and missed both

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock
    any idea if the US or Canada/Russia games will be replayed? I had the unfortunate event of having 5 hours of class tonight and missed both
    This may be an option (I'm not sure if it works or not, since I am at work and unable to stream video here, but it may be worth a try):

http://ballhype.com/story/canada-vs-...-video-replay/

Pro Bowler
    Lakewood, Ohio: On the Stairway TO SEVEN!!!

Watching Canada/Slovakia right now. Knew I'd get the chance to see the finals Sunday. Great going for Team USA getting to the final. If they'd lost, I would have missed that game, too. Missed both the games v. the Swiss and the Finns.

Felt like Team USA was going to medal. Miller has been nails in goal all season long and the U.S. has grown in confidence every game leading to the Gold medal game.

The Canadians will be strong on Sunday and the U.S. will need to bring their A+ game. They'll get a different look from Luongo than from Brodeur. And STK is growing in stature as a team leader who can pair with anyone. Does anybody else agree that he would look great on a line with Ricky Nash.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

I really enjoyed the U.S.-Canada matchup in the qualifying round, and the re-match for gold should be epic. I wish it weren't at 3:00 on Sunday, though. I'm taking the kids to Florida next week to go to Disney World, and our plane leaves at 6:00. Because you have to get to airports so d@mn early these days, I'll likely only be able to see maybe the first period before we have to head out. I may be able to get the second period on radio in the car on our drive to the airport, though.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I really enjoyed the U.S.-Canada matchup in the qualifying round, and the re-match for gold should be epic. I wish it weren't at 3:00 on Sunday, though. I'm taking the kids to Florida next week to go to Disney World, and our plane leaves at 6:00. Because you have to get to airports so d@mn early these days, I'll likely only be able to see maybe the first period before we have to head out. I may be able to get the second period on radio in the car on our drive to the airport, though.
    and the third period sitting in the airport terminal!!!

Disney is absolutely packed right now. I would definately plan on using the fast pass system if you dont want to waste all day in line.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.