Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Retired Jersey's

  1. #1
    Legend fordfixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    State of confusion
    Posts
    7,639

    Retired Jersey's

    Here is a list of retired jerseys in the NFL. Who else should have their jersey retired?





    AFC
    Baltimore (Ravens) None
    Buffalo Jim Kelly 12
    Cincinnati Bob Johnson 54
    Cleveland (Browns) Otto Graham 14
    Jim Brown 32
    Ernie Davis 45
    Don Fleming 46
    Lou Groza 76
    Denver John Elway 7
    Frank Tripucka 18
    Floyd Little 44
    Houston None
    Indianapolis/Baltimore (Colts) Johnny Unitas 19
    Buddy Young 22
    Lenny Moore 24
    Art Donovan 70
    Jim Parker 77
    Raymond Berry 82
    Gino Marchetti 89
    Jacksonville None
    Kansas City Jan Stenerud 3
    Len Dawson 16
    Abner Haynes 28
    Stone Johnson 33
    Mack Lee Hill 36
    Willie Lanier 63
    Bobby Bell 78
    Buck Buchanan 86
    Miami Bob Griese 12
    Dan Marino 13
    Larry Csonka 39
    New England Bruce Armstrong 78
    Gino Cappelletti 20
    Mike Haynes 40
    Steve Nelson 57
    John Hannah 73
    Jim Hunt 79
    Bob Dee 89
    New York Jets Joe Klecko 73
    Joe Namath 12
    Don Maynard 13
    Oakland None
    Pittsburgh Ernie Stautner 70
    San Diego Dan Fouts 14
    Tennessee (Houston Oilers) Earl Campbell 34
    Bruce Matthews 74
    Jim Norton 43
    Mike Munchak 63
    Elvin Bethea 65
    NFC
    Arizona/St. Louis (Cardinals) Larry Wilson 8
    Patt Tillman 40
    Stan Mauldin 77
    J.V. Cain 88
    Marshall Goldberg 99
    Atlanta Steve Bartowski 10
    William Andrews 31
    Jeff Van Note 57
    Tommy Nobis 60
    Carolina Sam Mills 51
    Chicago Bronko Nagurski 3
    George McAfee 5
    George Halas 7
    Willie Galimore 28
    Walter Payton 34
    Gale Sayers 40
    Brian Piccolo 41
    Sid Luckman 42
    Dick Butkus 51
    Bill Hewitt 56
    Bill George 61
    Clyde "Bulldog" Turner 66
    Red Grange 77
    Dallas None
    Detroit Dutch Clark 7
    Bobby Layne 22
    Doak Walker 37
    Joe Schmidt 56
    Chuck Hughes 85
    Green Bay Tony Canadeo 3
    Don Hutson 14
    Bart Starr 15
    Ray Nitschke 66
    Reggie White 92
    Minnesota Fran Tarkenton 10
    Cris Carter 80
    Mick Tingelhoff 53
    Jim Marshall 70
    Korey Stringer 77
    Alan Page 88
    New Orleans Jim Taylor 31
    Doug Atkins 81
    New York Giants Ray Flaherty 1
    Tuffy Leemans 4
    Mel Hein 7
    Phil Simms 11
    Y.A. Tittle 14
    Frank Gifford 16
    Al Blozis 32
    Joe Morrison 40
    Charlie Conerly 42
    Ken Strong 50
    Lawrence Taylor 56
    Philadelphia Steve Van Buren 15
    Tom Brookshier 40
    Pete Retzlaff 44
    Chuck Bednarik 60
    Al Wistert 70
    Jerome Brown 99
    Reggie White 92
    St. Louis/Los Angeles/Cleveland (Rams) Bob Waterfield 7
    Marshall Faulk 28
    Eric Dickerson 29
    Merlin Olsen 74
    Jackie Slater 78
    Jack Youngblood 85
    San Francisco John Brodie 12
    Joe Montana 16
    Joe Perry 34
    Jimmy Johnson 37
    Hugh McElhenny 39
    Charlie Krueger 70
    Leo Nomellini 73
    Bob St. Clair 79
    Dwight Clark 87
    Seattle "Fans/the twelfth man" 12
    Steve Largent 80
    Tampa Bay Lee Roy Selmon 63
    Washington Sammy Baugh 33

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  2. #2
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,338

    Re: Retired Jersey's

    Stautner's #70 is the only number that we have officially retired, but others have not been re-issued, such as Bradshaw's #12, Franco's #32, Webster's #52, Lambert's #58, and Mean Joe's #75.

  3. #3
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    888

    Re: Retired Jersey's

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Stautner's #70 is the only number that we have officially retired, but others have not been re-issued, such as Bradshaw's #12, Franco's #32, Webster's #52, Lambert's #58, and Mean Joe's #75.

    Occasionally, I have seen some other significant numbers worn during pre-season, but not the regular season.

    to my recollection- no one has worn 47 or 59 during the regular season.

  4. #4
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: Retired Jersey's

    Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Stautner's #70 is the only number that we have officially retired, but others have not been re-issued, such as Bradshaw's #12, Franco's #32, Webster's #52, Lambert's #58, and Mean Joe's #75.

    Occasionally, I have seen some other significant numbers worn during pre-season, but not the regular season.

    to my recollection- no one has worn 47 or 59 during the regular season.
    Scott Shields wore 47 during the regular season. Not sure if Ron Stanley ever did.

    Todd Seabaugh is the only guy to wear 59 after Ham. He did so in 1984. Don't know if it was ever in the regular season though.

    http://static.steelers.com/mediacontent ... _80304.pdf

  5. #5
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    888

    Re: Retired Jersey's

    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Stautner's #70 is the only number that we have officially retired, but others have not been re-issued, such as Bradshaw's #12, Franco's #32, Webster's #52, Lambert's #58, and Mean Joe's #75.

    Occasionally, I have seen some other significant numbers worn during pre-season, but not the regular season.

    to my recollection- no one has worn 47 or 59 during the regular season.
    Scott Shields wore 47 during the regular season. Not sure if Ron Stanley ever did.

    Todd Seabaugh is the only guy to wear 59 after Ham. He did so in 1984. Don't know if it was ever in the regular season though.

    http://static.steelers.com/mediacontent ... _80304.pdf

    go ahead, ruin my day.



    How could I forget about Scott Shields
    /shaking head

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer Jooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere On the Darkside...
    Posts
    3,854

    Re: Retired Jersey's

    who'd actually have the nerve to don #58 in Pittsburgh, or #75 for that matter?



    doh

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler pfelix73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic US
    Posts
    2,328

    Re: Retired Jersey's

    Supposedly, #36 is now in the same category. Heard that on a radio station, i think.

    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

    2012 MNF Executive Champion






Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •