Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would You Trade Troy ...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Would You Trade Troy ...

for a top 5 pick?

I mean Troy is a phenomenal player and a very unique player but he has been injury prone and carries a big salary. Given that would you pull the trigger on a trade that would send Troy away and allow you to draft Berry or even Suh?

Anybody up for the discussion?
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Would You Trade Troy ...

No, I hope that helps.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I didn't read the thread.
    just the title.
    and NO.

i may trade troy for my eternal salvation. i said I MAY! don't flame me!

Legend

User Info Menu

there is absolutely no way you trade a proven star like Troy for an unknown commodity like a draft pick plus he's my favorite NFL player to watch on Sundays.

besides, what would i do with my Polamalu jersey?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

You give "carries a big salary" as a mark against Troy, but wouldn't a top 5 pick carry an even larger salary?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

There isn't a discussion to be had , the answer is NO.

Troy is quite possibly the most dynamic defensive player of the last decade. No matter how great the talent, a draft pick is still a ? until he proves it in the NFL.

Troy is who he is already. The best safety in football , hands down.

I also love all these comments about how injury prone Troy is. I don't think you could name more than a handful of player that throw their body around and sacrifice themselves more than Troy does and up until last year he had only missed 8 games in 6 seasons.

Injury Prone ? I think not.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think you guys should...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    I think you guys should...
    Do the Bengals have a top 5 pick coming up in next year's draft? :P If they do, we'll talk Troy for your top 5 pick.

Pappy

7.178 -
    7.195 -

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelHead

Troy is quite possibly the most dynamic defensive player of the last decade. No matter how great the talent, a draft pick is still a ? until he proves it in the NFL.

I also love all these comments about how injury prone Troy is. I don't think you could name more than a handful of player that throw their body around and sacrifice themselves more than Troy does and up until last year he had only missed 8 games in 6 seasons.

Yea, I'd say he has a higher history of injury than most. He's missed 19 games in 7 years. Would I trade him for Berry or Suh? Absolutely! But probably ONLY those two. Troy is soon to be 29 and probably has 5 or 6 seasons at best, but given his injury history the last four years, maybe not even that. Would it even happen? NO! So this discussion is all in fun.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelHead

Eight games in six seasons? He missed 11 games just this year. He missed 5 games in 2007 and 3 games in 2006. That totals 19 games in six seasons or about 20% of the games he could have played in. Yea, I'd say he has a higher history of injury than most. Would I trade him for Berry or Suh? Absolutely! But probably ONLY those two. Troy is soon to be 29 and probably has 5 or 6 seasons at best, but given his injury history the last four years, maybe not even that. Would it even happen? NO! So this discussion is all in fun.
    Five or six years is an eternity in the NFL and trading Troy for Suh or Berry based on his 5 year window would be crazy. Now, if Troy were 33 or 34, then you're talking something worth doing, but by that time Troy will be one of those iconic Steelers (Bradshaw, Greene, Ham, Ward, etc) that simply can't be traded. He's probably already at that status.

Pappy

7.178 -
    7.195 -