Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Would You Trade Troy ...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Would You Trade Troy ...

Absolutely not.

You don't trade a likely hall of famer who is still in his prime for an unproven rookie regardless of a top 5 pick.

Troy might be one of the most instinctive and dynamic SS in the history of the NFL. No way...

As far as injuries are concerned, I would move him to FS still before I would even think about trading him.

But realistically, I don't agree with how Lebeau sometimes has Troy just dive into 300 lineman at full speed. Most of the time he just ends up on the bottom of a couple lineman. It's just to risky to play Troy will that much carelessness. I don't mind him playing close to the line of scrimmage, but that routine where we just trys to take out lineman to either eat up a blocker, or whatever it is shouldn't be done.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    Absolutely not.

You don't trade a likely hall of famer who is still in his prime for an unproven rookie regardless of a top 5 pick.

Troy might be one of the most instinctive and dynamic SS in the history of the NFL. No way...

As far as injuries are concerned, I would move him to FS still before I would even think about trading him.

But realistically, I don't agree with how Lebeau sometimes has Troy just dive into 300 lineman at full speed. Most of the time he just ends up on the bottom of a couple lineman. It's just to risky to play Troy will that much carelessness. I don't mind him playing close to the line of scrimmage, but that routine where we just trys to take out lineman to either eat up a blocker, or whatever it is shouldn't be done.
    Troy was healthy all of 2008 because they stopped using him that way. Last season's injury was a total fluke. And I bet you don't see him on the FG block team in 2010.

Legend

User Info Menu

​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    No, I hope that helps.

Pappy
    qft

Exactly what I was going to say. I also only read the thread title. The rest of the question was moot.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

big no

it sort of did happen in the past when the colts traded faulk to the rams but used their own #4 overall to draft edge

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I do find it interesting that we have all of these emphatic NOs as the answer to the question and then you go into one of the draft threads and you see guys being pimped as 'can't miss' prospects.

I think it just goes to show that nobody really believes in the 'can't miss' ideal. I don't even believe in the first year phenom like Ryan Clady or even Mike Wallace. Wallace is going to have to prove to me he has what it takes by improving on last year and moving up the depth chart so he gets covered by better DBs. If he still produces then I'll be extremely happy.

Troy is such a unique talent I don't forsee anyone ever trying to trade him away. I think he has redefined the position. There have been some SS that disruptive against the run, some that were good in coverage and even a few that could move towards that ball like a bat out of hell. I don't think there has ever been one that had the ability to do all of those things. We are lucky to have the guy wear black and gold.

As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Clady's not just a rookie phenom. He was awfully impressive in year two as well. There are 32 games worth of film out there to show that he is a bona fide NFL stud, not just a promising prospect with potential.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Clady's not just a rookie phenom. He was awfully impressive in year two as well. There are 32 games worth of film out there to show that he is a bona fide NFL stud, not just a promising prospect with potential.
    Oops, I thought he was a rookie last year. I guess he wasn't a good example.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!