Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would You Trade Troy ...

Re: Would You Trade Troy ...

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelHead
    There isn't a discussion to be had , the answer is NO.

Troy is quite possibly the most dynamic defensive player of the last decade. No matter how great the talent, a draft pick is still a ? until he proves it in the NFL.

Troy is who he is already. The best safety in football , hands down.

I also love all these comments about how injury prone Troy is. I don't think you could name more than a handful of player that throw their body around and sacrifice themselves more than Troy does and up until last year he had only missed 8 games in 6 seasons.

Injury Prone ? I think not.
    Eight games in six seasons? He missed 11 games just this year. He missed 5 games in 2007 and 3 games in 2006. That totals 19 games in six seasons or about 20% of the games he could have played in. Yea, I'd say he has a higher history of injury than most. Would I trade him for Berry or Suh? Absolutely! But probably ONLY those two. Troy is soon to be 29 and probably has 5 or 6 seasons at best, but given his injury history the last four years, maybe not even that. Would it even happen? NO! So this discussion is all in fun.
    Five or six years is an eternity in the NFL and trading Troy for Suh or Berry based on his 5 year window would be crazy. Now, if Troy were 33 or 34, then you're talking something worth doing, but by that time Troy will be one of those iconic Steelers (Bradshaw, Greene, Ham, Ward, etc) that simply can't be traded. He's probably already at that status.

Pappy
    Yea, crazy if we knew he had five or six years of being able to play 16 games per year. I'm not sure his chances are good to be able to do that. I agree that Troy is probably already one of the Steeler greats, but purely from a business decision, it should be considered. Will it? NO, because we will not have that opportunity, so hopefully we will have a healthy Troy for the next five or six years. If he is healthy he will certainly go down in history as one of the all time Steeler greats.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    I think you guys should...
    Do the Bengals have a top 5 pick coming up in next year's draft? :P If they do, we'll talk Troy for your top 5 pick.

Pappy
    Might be worth tanking to get him. I'll talk to the higher ups...

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Do the Bengals have a top 5 pick coming up in next year's draft? :P If they do, we'll talk Troy for your top 5 pick.

Pappy
    It would never happen. Mike Brown is too cheap to pay for the inevitable Roto Rooter bill to unclog the shower drains caused by having Domata Peko, Rey Maualuga, Jonathan Fanene, and Troy Polamalu on the same team. :P

1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by SteelHead
    There isn't a discussion to be had , the answer is NO.

Troy is quite possibly the most dynamic defensive player of the last decade. No matter how great the talent, a draft pick is still a ? until he proves it in the NFL.

Troy is who he is already. The best safety in football , hands down.

I also love all these comments about how injury prone Troy is. I don't think you could name more than a handful of player that throw their body around and sacrifice themselves more than Troy does and up until last year he had only missed 8 games in 6 seasons.

Injury Prone ? I think not.
    Eight games in six seasons? He missed 11 games just this year. He missed 5 games in 2007 and 3 games in 2006. That totals 19 games in six seasons or about 20% of the games he could have played in. Yea, I'd say he has a higher history of injury than most. Would I trade him for Berry or Suh? Absolutely! But probably ONLY those two. Troy is soon to be 29 and probably has 5 or 6 seasons at best, but given his injury history the last four years, maybe not even that. Would it even happen? NO! So this discussion is all in fun.
    Five or six years is an eternity in the NFL and trading Troy for Suh or Berry based on his 5 year window would be crazy. Now, if Troy were 33 or 34, then you're talking something worth doing, but by that time Troy will be one of those iconic Steelers (Bradshaw, Greene, Ham, Ward, etc) that simply can't be traded. He's probably already at that status.

Pappy
    Yea, crazy if we knew he had five or six years of being able to play 16 games per year. I'm not sure his chances are good to be able to do that. I agree that Troy is probably already one of the Steeler greats, but purely from a business decision, it should be considered. Will it? NO, because we will not have that opportunity, so hopefully we will have a healthy Troy for the next five or six years. If he is healthy he will certainly go down in history as one of the all time Steeler greats.
    This year's injury was a strange injury. I'm hoping we'll never see Troy on the kick block team again. Would he have made it through the season otherwise? Who knows, but, I'm with you, if Troy can play even 14 games a year for the next 5 or 6 years the Steeler defense should be okay.

Pappy

1.15) Ra'Shede Hageman - DE
    2.47) Jason Verrett - CB
    3.97) CJ Fiedorowicz - TE
    4.114) Brandon Coleman - WR
    5.145) Lamin Barrow - ILB
    5.173) Terrance Mitchell - CB
    6.176)
    7.207) Jay Bromley - DT
    7.215)

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Pappy
    After you talk to your people, let me know and I'll get my people and your people together and they can discuss Trading for Troy. :P

Pappy

1.15) Ra'Shede Hageman - DE
    2.47) Jason Verrett - CB
    3.97) CJ Fiedorowicz - TE
    4.114) Brandon Coleman - WR
    5.145) Lamin Barrow - ILB
    5.173) Terrance Mitchell - CB
    6.176)
    7.207) Jay Bromley - DT
    7.215)

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Most teams dont even like having that high of a pick because of the amount of money it costs the team for an unproven player.

Never trade a proven player for a draft pick, no matter how high of a pick...that may be the reason you never see it happen.

Jom, the only Troy we would trade to the bengals for their first rounder would be Troy Edwards

Wow, I thought for sure someone would have used the "What, have some rookie sit on the bench for 2 years learning our overly complicated defense" argument.

I really think the decision comes down to how healthy you think Troy will be for the next 4 or 5 years. He has missed games 3 out of the last 4 years.

2006 - missed 3 games
    2007 - missed 5 games
    2008 - missed 0 games
    2009 - missed 11 games

The flip side of the coin is how can you get rid of the most versatile, disruptive and unique defensive player in the entire league?

My answer, like the vast majority would be NO but I am a bit surprised that no was the overwhelming answer.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Pro Bowler

I would trade Troy ONLY for the #1 pick, because then it would guarantee dibbs on Ndomakong Suh. He's the only guy in the draft this year, IMO, who is worth Troy.

Hall of Famer

Everyone is available for trade at any time but the price for Troy is simply too steep, esp considering his injury history. Troy will never be traded.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

"I"ve got a mystery box over here... anything could be in it... it could be great, or it could be horrible.

Are you willing to trade your pecker for what's in the box?"
    Mock 3.0
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
    3. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
    4. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    5. Zachariah Kerr, NT, Delaware
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    6. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
    6a Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
    7. Kaleb Ramsey, DE, Boston College

2013 MNF Executive Champion!