Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PFT's Mock Draft

Re: PFT's Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    I don't know much about the college players and am in awe of the knowledge some of you guys have about them. The problem I have with this mock is the pick right before ours has the Titans taking Jimmy Clausen.

Sorry but that makes no sense to me. VY was the hero of the season for them last year and this guy thinks they will use a #1 on his replacement. Not a chance.

this was the pick that i really questioned as well, there is absolutely no way Jacksonville drafts a QB in the first round after the emergence of Vince Young.

i think i'm dumber now for having read that mock...

Hall of Famer

I would love williams. or the kid from PSU. in fact I think DL and LB are the most important two picks. that's where we are oldest and thinnest. DB, IMO especially corner are not significant needs. saying that, I'd take Thomas in the 1st if here were there before williams but if he isn't then I'd go after a DL.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    I would love williams. or the kid from PSU. in fact I think DL and LB are the most important two picks. that's where we are oldest and thinnest. DB, IMO especially corner are not significant needs. saying that, I'd take Thomas in the 1st if here were there before williams but if he isn't then I'd go after a DL.
    The more I look the more Brandon Spikes pops up in my mind at #18. Fills a need. Will be the top ranked ILB on the board.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    The more I look the more Brandon Spikes pops up in my mind at #18. Fills a need. Will be the top ranked ILB on the board.

either Spikes or Sean Weatherspoon who looked fantastic at the Senior Bowl. Did you see him cover McCluster coming out of the backfield and knock away the pass in the end zone and then later in the game get an interception?

the Combine will be interesting to watch this year...Spikes and Weatherspoon could definitely cement Round 1 selections with good showings there.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    I don't know much about the college players and am in awe of the knowledge some of you guys have about them. The problem I have with this mock is the pick right before ours has the Titans taking Jimmy Clausen.

Sorry but that makes no sense to me. VY was the hero of the season for them last year and this guy thinks they will use a #1 on his replacement. Not a chance.

this was the pick that i really questioned as well, there is absolutely no way Jacksonville drafts a QB in the first round after the emergence of Vince Young.

I think I'm dumber for having read your post! When did Jacksonville get Vince Young? :P

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

I think I'm dumber for having read your post! When did Jacksonville get Vince Young? :P

I told you I got dumber...

Wouldn't shock me in the slightest if we not only drafted Williams but also took a DE with our second round pick. We are in that great of a need to rotate in youth. Our vets have proven they can play...but they can't keep it up for 4 quarters. That became painfully obvious last season.

In a previous post I stated that I believe Williams to be the non glitzy safe pick. He will be a very good NT in the pros. With Thomas and Odrick gone he would be the clear choice.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

either Spikes or Sean Weatherspoon who looked fantastic at the Senior Bowl. Did you see him cover McCluster coming out of the backfield and knock away the pass in the end zone and then later in the game get an interception?

the Combine will be interesting to watch this year...Spikes and Weatherspoon could definitely cement Round 1 selections with good showings there.
    I'm not really interested in a guy who can cover so much (like weatherspoon). we have one in timmons. what we need is a guy who is stout against the run and can fill a hole with authority.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Dan Williams at 18 wouldn't surprise me at all,...he nearly fits the 3-4 NT prototype perfectly. He was dominant at Senior Bowl practices,..and had a very good showing in the game itself. Not only does he control the point of attack very well,..but he is also an athletic kid for his size, that stacks and sheds well consistently and collapses the pocket.

Combine these facts with the truth that Hamp isn't exactly the biggest Tomlin fan (and perhaps vice versa) and i think Hamp could franchised to keep him around one more year,..and Team Tomlin/Colbert ignore the secondary in the first round, and pull the trigger on Williams.

And then proceed to reach on a corner with a late third/early 4th round grade in the 2nd round. But what do i know,....nothing i ever say comes to pass ?
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...lCzar76Sig.jpg

"We’ll have a mix-and-match concept that hopefully will see us through.” ~Tomlin