Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PFT's Mock Draft

PFT's Mock Draft

Some here would be more pleased than others with this.....

2010 mock draft, take one

Posted by Mike Florio on February 18, 2010 10:04 PM ET
    [Editor's note: Every year, we slap together a variety of mock drafts. It's accomplished with the assistance of multiple scouts and other league insiders. Feel free to complain about all or any part of it in the comments. We have thick skin.]

1. Rams: Ndamukong Suh, defensive tackle, Nebraska.

2. Lions: Russell Okung, tackle, Oklahoma State.

3. Buccaneers: Gerald McCoy, defensive tackle, Oklahoma.

4. Redskins: Eric Berry, defensive back, Tennessee.

5. Chiefs: Joe Haden, cornerback, Florida.

6. Seahawks: Sam Bradford, quarterback, Oklahoma.

7. Browns: Rolando McClain, linebacker, Alabama.

8. Raiders: Trent Williams, tackle, Oklahoma.

9. Bills: Derrick Morgan, defensive end, Georgia Tech.

10. Broncos: Jared Odrick, defensive tackle, Penn State.

11. Jaguars: Jason Pierre-Paul, defensive end, South Florida.

12. Dolphins: Dez Bryant, receiver, Oklahoma State.

13. 49ers: Anthony Davis, tackle, Rutgers.

14. Seahawks: Bryan Bulaga, tackle, Iowa.

15. Giants: Earl Thomas, defensive back, Texas.

16. 49ers: Sergio Kindle, defensive end/linebacker, Texas.

17. Titans: Jimmy Clausen, quarterback, Notre Dame.

18. Steelers: Dan Williams, defensive tackle, Tennessee.

19. Falcons: Patrick Robinson, cornerback, Florida State.

20. Texans: C.J. Spiller, running back, Clemson.

21. Bengals: Mike Iupati, guard, Idaho.

22. Patriots: Kyle Wilson, cornerback, Boise State.

23. Packers: Brandon Graham, linebacker, Michigan.

24. Eagles: Bruce Campbell, tackle, Maryland.

25. Ravens: Carlos Dunlap, defensive end, Florida.

26. Cardinals: Golden Tate, receiver, Notre Dame.

27. Cowboys: Jermaine Gresham, tight end, Oklahoma.

28. Chargers: Ryan Mathews, running back, Fresno State.

29. Jets: Demaryius Thomas, receiver, Georgia Tech.

30. Vikings: Damian Williams, receiver, USC.

31. Colts: Nate Allen, defensive back, South Florida.

32. Saints: Maurkice Pouncey, center, Florida.
    I'll just add that it would surprise the heck out of me to see us take another DL in the first round after taking Ziggy first last year, but, stranger things have happened. I personally see us taking a DB.

Legend

Re: PFT's Mock Draft

I'm totally OK with that pick not the best IMO but you can't fault it. Casey Hampton is really no more than a one year option. Just don't think it is smart to sign him to a long term contract.

I do think we can find some other NTs in Rounds 2-4 but Williams is probably the best and Colbert's modus operendi is to take the highest rated player at his position on the board. For NTs that will be Williams.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

2014 Draft

1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

I don't know much about the college players and am in awe of the knowledge some of you guys have about them. The problem I have with this mock is the pick right before ours has the Titans taking Jimmy Clausen.

Sorry but that makes no sense to me. VY was the hero of the season for them last year and this guy thinks they will use a #1 on his replacement. Not a chance.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    I don't know much about the college players and am in awe of the knowledge some of you guys have about them. The problem I have with this mock is the pick right before ours has the Titans taking Jimmy Clausen.

Sorry but that makes no sense to me. VY was the hero of the season for them last year and this guy thinks they will use a #1 on his replacement. Not a chance.
    Clausen will IMO be this year's Brady Quinn---Drop, Drop , Drop
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

2014 Draft

1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser
    I'll just add that it would surprise the heck out of me to see us take another DL in the first round after taking Ziggy first last year, but, stranger things have happened. I personally see us taking a DB.
    I'd be somewhat surprised if we took another 3-4 DE (like Odrick) after taking Hood last year, but NT is a different animal. Considering Hampton's age and current contract status, an NT prospect like Williams is by no means out of the realm of possibility.

At this point, I'd be happy with NT Dan Williams, FS Earl Thomas, or any of the top 4 OT's (Russell Okung and Anthony Davis should be long gone, but if Bruce Campbell or Bryan Bulaga were there, I'd take one of them).

1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

Hall of Famer

The Steelers can't pass on Williams if he is still there. Hampton will be looking for a 4-5 year deal and the Steelers will probably only offer him a 3. Hampton will be here on his franchise tag in 2010 so get ready for some "rumblings". Hampton will regret not taking the 3 year deal because I fear we are headed for a labor stoppage and he will be a 35 year old DL weighing 400 lbs looking for a big contract.

Some of the NTs in this draft will be going earlier than expected. I fear guys like Thomas, Houston, Neal, & Troup will be off the board before the Steelers pick in Rd #3. Thomas's stock might put him early round 2 and I don't want to see him that early. I wouldn't be surprised to see him jump ahead of Cody before it is all said and done. There might be guys like Atkins & Joseph still on the board when the Steelers pick in Rd #3. I don't think Atkins is a 3-4 NT and too high, in my opinion, for Joseph.

So...If you look at my mock...I also have Williams. If he makes it to us, I think it is a no brainer. Replacing Hampton is the hardest position to fill out of the FA. If Bulaga, Haden, Davis, T Williams, or McClain fall (Those are my "Top 6" rated players on the steelers board including D Williams)....There might be a pause...But if they are gone & Williams is still on the board....I feel he grades higher then any other guy sitting there. That includes Spiller, Thomas, & Mays. You don't have to believe me...Agree with me...Or like what my opinion is. I'm just saying that the FOs around this league know the value of an elite lineman when he is on the plate being slid in front of them. Yes Spiller, Thomas, & Mays look like great players but you could fine value at those positions later if needed. Williams is off the board along with the rest of the "Top 6" and they can't trade down...BPA. I believe in that scenario we are looking at Spiller, Thomas, or Mays if they are still there.

The bad part is every guy I mentioned could be off the board at #18. I do believe it will be one of the 9 guys I mentioned. After the combine...We can add Weatherspoon to that list. His 40 and cone drills will draw comparisons to Willis and he has shown he is a 3 down LB. This pass friendly league is evolving to where that "thumper" in the middle is a liability on 1st & 2nd downs. Weatherspoon will be a guy who the Steelers will have rated higher than most teams. He really fits the system well because he adds/continues a dimension to DL schemes. Don't be surprised if he is the pick if the "Top 6" are gone. Might be the "Top 7" with Weatherspoon after March 2. I think he is a special player who would really excel with NFL players in front of him.
    1st (T-D) Kelvin Benjamin WR
    2nd Bradley Roby CB
    3a Kareem Martin DE
    3b C.J. Fiedorowicz TE
    4th Christian Jones LB
    5a Dri Archer RB
    5b Kevin Pierre-Louis LB
    6a Beau Allen NT
    6b Shaquille Richardson CB
    7th John Brown WR

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

I'm with you. I think Clausen drops to the 20's.

Dan Williams on the other hand I can see going #5 overall to the Chiefs. Scott Pioli loves to draft D-Linemen in round 1 and they can use a NT...

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooser
    I'd be somewhat surprised if we took another 3-4 DE (like Odrick) after taking Hood last year, but NT is a different animal. Considering Hampton's age and current contract status, an NT prospect like Williams is by no means out of the realm of possibility.

At this point, I'd be happy with NT Dan Williams, FS Earl Thomas, or any of the top 4 OT's (Russell Okung and Anthony Davis should be long gone, but if Bruce Campbell or Bryan Bulaga were there, I'd take one of them).
    I suppose your logic is sound there RB. We do need a quality NT for the future, because with Butler the heir apparent for DL, the 3-4 isn't going anywhere any time soon. I wouldn't fault this pick, but I wouldn't fault a knock out DB either.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112

Dan Williams on the other hand I can see going #5 overall to the Chiefs. Scott Pioli loves to draft D-Linemen in round 1 and they can use a NT...
    Jom...Your guy broke his foot during a workout. Didn't know if you saw that.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/02/17/georgia ... g-workout/
    1st (T-D) Kelvin Benjamin WR
    2nd Bradley Roby CB
    3a Kareem Martin DE
    3b C.J. Fiedorowicz TE
    4th Christian Jones LB
    5a Dri Archer RB
    5b Kevin Pierre-Louis LB
    6a Beau Allen NT
    6b Shaquille Richardson CB
    7th John Brown WR

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom112

Jom...Your guy broke his foot during a workout. Didn't know if you saw that.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/02/17/georgia ... g-workout/
    I heard. Not sure yet if this is a good thing or a bad thing. If he slips to late 2nd round because of it and we get him, it would be great news.

From what I read he was running a sub 4.4 40 time (Electronically timed) during his practices for the combine. If that's true, at his size he might still go in the 1st round...