Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Steelers met with Gerhart, Blount at the Senior Bowl

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers met with Gerhart, Blount at the Senior Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    when Harrison was slapping his baby momma and punching that AZ player in the SB where was the uproar?

The only reason people are making Blount out to be some demon is because it was the first game of the year. Didn't Spikes or one of the Gator LB's eye gouge a guy?

I always wonder what the real issue is when people turn a punch into a murder and write a player off like he is the scum of the earth.

Any unbiased viewer has to admit the Boise player ask for this. I highly doubt the Boise kid said great game and was being a real good sport... get off your high horses and put it in perspective. It wasn't that serious. Players get caught with guns, rob, steal etc... while in college but a punch is a deal breaker?

found this excerpt about the Senior Bowl...

LeGarrette Blount, Running Back, Oregon — Yes, he’s the guy who missed most of the 2009 season after sucker-punching a Boise State player during the postgame handshakes. But during the week in Mobile at the Senior Bowl, he showed that perhaps he has learned from that mistake and he could be a late-round steal. “With me being here for these past few days, everyone has seen a completely different LeGarrette than what they know on TV,” Blount said after one practice session. “It’s just the fact that everybody is here and has talked to me and got a feel for me, know that the guy they saw on Sept. 3 is not the guy that I am. And even if it’s people I just met, they know I’m not that person.” At 6’ 1”, 240 lb. he could be an excellent power component to any team's running game.
    I think he will go earlier then most expect. It's the NFL and coaches, scouts, GM's are used to football players doing dumb stuff.... it's how they handle themselves after the trouble that says the most about their character.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    imo anytime a guy hits another guy when he isnt looking that is a sucker punch. i try to be the bigger person in situations like that. thats how i was raised
    Trying to be the bigger person in a fight is a smart tactic. If you were the smaller person, you'd probably lose.
    That's why I like to take "the high ground"...I generally like to eat without the use of a straw.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    imo anytime a guy hits another guy when he isnt looking that is a sucker punch. i try to be the bigger person in situations like that. thats how i was raised
    Trying to be the bigger person in a fight is a smart tactic. If you were the smaller person, you'd probably lose.
    That's why I like to take "the high ground"...I generally like to eat without the use of a straw.
    You are in Kentucky. If you get into a fight in a Kentucky bar, and the other guy knocks several of your teeth out, chances are pretty decent that you will still have more teeth left than him after all is said and done.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    It's a great weight loss program though. I found that out first hand.

PS - I don't advise sliding into a cement base chin first...the cement doesn't give.