Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers met with Gerhart, Blount at the Senior Bowl

Hall of Famer

Re: Steelers met with Gerhart, Blount at the Senior Bowl

I like the idea of taking a power back type to pair with Mendy, and I think the 3 to 5 range is about the right area of the draft. As I've said before, I think anything before the third round is too early for a RB.

Hall of Famer

I have had my eye on Blount before the '09 season started. Completely lost interest after the Boise State game. Said the right things and was given a 2nd chance. It was a really stupid mistake on his part because I believe he would have put up great numbers and might have slipped into the late 2nd early 3rd without the incident. The Senior Bowl was a good start to rebuild his character. The interviews at the combine & proday will be critical.

As you see I have Blount in my mock and he has been there since my 1st mock along with Cox & Johnson (that wasn't on purpose). I don't think the Steelers will take Blount off the board but will push him back like many teams. He is the big back the Steelers have been looking for. A solid combine might push him early 4 on some teams boards.

As far as Gerhart...I have a negative opinion on him. Great kid, great character guy, really sounds like a Steelers kind of guy. He was a productive college RB but I feel he will be overdrafted and be a disappointment. Not trying to offend any of you Gerhart fans...Just my opinion. If last until the 5th...I would like to see him as a Steeler. I think he goes in the 3rd.
    1st (T-D) Kelvin Benjamin WR
    2nd Bradley Roby CB
    3a Kareem Martin DE
    3b C.J. Fiedorowicz TE
    4th Christian Jones LB
    5a Dri Archer RB
    5b Kevin Pierre-Louis LB
    6a Beau Allen NT
    6b Shaquille Richardson CB
    7th John Brown WR

Hall of Famer

Re: Steelers met with Gerhart, Blount at Senior Bowl

[quote=Dee Dub]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mister Pittsburgh":fv5xdot8
    Only way I could see them taking Blount is if every other team was scared off and he was sitting there in the 6th or 7th round. They did draft Kemo and he had issues where he kicked another player in the head so it wouldn't be totally impossible they show interest in him.

I would love Gerhart in the black and gold. Definitely worth a 3rd round pick in my mind.
    I dont really get the bad character thing here with Blount. I'm sorry but if an oppossing player comes and grabs me while talking out the side of his neck after my team just lost a game...I'm straight clockin him too.

I guess I'd have to be just a bad character guy too then.[/quote:fv5xdot8]

it was a straight up sucker punch though. you would sucker punch another guy after a game? man thats pretty low. i hate blunt he is a punk for what he did and the freshman that replaced him is better imo

Legend

The Blount character issue is a joke. I have more issues with the players who laugh and joke after half azzing in a loss...

Look at James Harrison. Does he have character? Albert Haynesworth? Joey Porter?

It's a shame a guy let his emotions get the best of him after a loss but c'mon. It's football and we have seen much worse then a lazy punch while backpeddling.

The fact it took so many guys to get him in the locker room was impressive.

In his interviews all he needs to say is... "I hate losing" and it should move him up a few rounds. It's Football not Golf and if you tap a guy on the shoulder talking trash after a game you better be ready for the response.

Legend

[quote=frankthetank1]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mister Pittsburgh":p5vz0gxa
    Only way I could see them taking Blount is if every other team was scared off and he was sitting there in the 6th or 7th round. They did draft Kemo and he had issues where he kicked another player in the head so it wouldn't be totally impossible they show interest in him.

I would love Gerhart in the black and gold. Definitely worth a 3rd round pick in my mind.
    I dont really get the bad character thing here with Blount. I'm sorry but if an oppossing player comes and grabs me while talking out the side of his neck after my team just lost a game...I'm straight clockin him too.

I guess I'd have to be just a bad character guy too then.
    it was a straight up sucker punch though. you would sucker punch another guy after a game? man thats pretty low. i hate blunt he is a punk for what he did and the freshman that replaced him is better imo[/quote5vz0gxa]

I don't think it was a sucker punch... It was a Jack Lambert moment.

It's not like Blount didn't know he lost the game... The player taunted him for a reaction and he got one.

[quote=frankthetank1]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mister Pittsburgh":3hdzg8ls

I guess I'd have to be just a bad character guy too then.
    it was a straight up sucker punch though. you would sucker punch another guy after a game? man thats pretty low. i hate blunt he is a punk for what he did and the freshman that replaced him is better imo[/quote:3hdzg8ls]

I dont think it was a sucker punch. The oppossing player put his hands on Blount first. Grabbed him by his jersey. That right there throws "sucker" right out the window.

I am a descent fair man but if you put your hands on me then there will be consequenses.

And the real difference between you and I is......I dont hate anyone. Even after I have socked someone. That word is uglier than any sucker punch.

Steelers 2014 Draft

1--Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
    2--Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-- -- Traded --
    3B--C.J. Fiedorwicz TE Iowa
    4--Jordan Tripp ILB Montana
    5--Brent Urban DE Virginia
    6--Michael Schofield OT Michigan
    7--Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State

Hall of Famer

sorry. it was a sucker punch. even i'll say that and i like blount. and what did the crowd do to cause him to freak out? sounds pretty immature to me.
    https://cex.io/r/0/birtikidis/0/
    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Pro Bowler

Yeah, the Bronco player slapped him on his shoulder and was talking sh!t, and quickly turned his head just in time to get cold - cocked. Like I said, the punch itself was not as bad as all of the stuff that went on afterwards, i.e. fighting with teammates and trying to get after fans. That was the issue on my part. But young men will make mistakes, right?

[quote=Dee Dub]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mister Pittsburgh":bsg8o3wv

I guess I'd have to be just a bad character guy too then.[/quote:bsg8o3wv]

Yea, we already knew that Dee Dub
    Seriously, I think I'd have to agree with you. From what I remember, Blount was walking away and the Boise St. player came up to him and was talking smack. He did look away as Blount showed near perfect form when throwing the punch. Maybe he should teach Shaq how to throw a real punch!

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Well, they won't draft both the play the same role.

Gerhart could be used much the same way Mike Alstott was used at the Bucs- a FB on most plays, but the primary short yardage runner. If David Johnson can land the 3rd TE role, he could be the lead blocker in front of Gerhart in a "Jumbo" package.

Gerhart in the 2nd, while a slight reach, could still provide great value down the track & instantly work towards filling the Steelers desire to run more effectively.

Chadman would still, even if they drafted Gerhart, look at LeMarkus Coker later in the draft too. If the Steelers had Mendenhall, Gerhart, Moore & Coker as the RB stable, Chadman would feel pretty happy with that.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00