Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Jimi Hendrix confrimed to play Super Bowl XLV

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Jimi Hendrix confrimed to play Super Bowl XLV

    [url]http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d8166b4a7&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true[/url]

    The NFL decided to make an early decision regarding its chamionship game. In a statement released today, the league announced that legendary rocker Jimi Hendrix would be playing the Super Bowl halftime show.

    "We know that there may be some problems bringing him on stage, the first one being that he's dead," Commissioner Roger Goodell spoke. "However, we feel he'd be the perfect fit given our recent choice of artists. I'm sure everyone will be excited to receive this news."

    Of course, Hendrix is bound to be pretty decomposed by now, but that didn't deter Goodell's enthusiasm.

    "We'll probably need some makeup, but that's okay. Plus, plastic surgery these days can work miracles," he said.

    Preparation to unearth the axe-swinging rocker will commence soon. Meanwhile, some former colleagues expressed excitement at the chance to be reunited with Hendrix.

    "I don't know why him being dead is a problem," claimed former Jimi Hendrix Experience drummer Mitch Mitchell. "People didn't mind it when Tom Petty played in Super Bowl XLII."


    :P

  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Jimi Hendrix confrimed to play Super Bowl XLV

    That's just ridiculous.

    Everyone knows that undead Bruce Springsteen played Super Bowl XLIII. Undead Tom Petty played Super Bowl XLII.

    :P

    Since the next Super Bowl will be played in North Texas, they would prefer a country act.

    And Johnny Cash has been dead for less than a decade, compared to Hendrix, who has been dead for 40 years now.


    NFL player locker room talk: Discussing what can be done about racial inequality and criminal justice reform.

    Presidential locker room talk: Discussing involuntary gynecological exams.

    According to the highest office in the country, some "very fine people" marched with torches in a violent protest in Charlottesville, but participating in a non-violent protest on a football field means you are an S.O.B. who should be fired.

  3. #3
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Re: Jimi Hendrix confrimed to play Super Bowl XLV

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch
    [url]http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d8166b4a7&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true[/url]

    The NFL decided to make an early decision regarding its chamionship game. In a statement released today, the league announced that legendary rocker Jimi Hendrix would be playing the Super Bowl halftime show.

    "We know that there may be some problems bringing him on stage, the first one being that he's dead," Commissioner Roger Goodell spoke. "However, we feel he'd be the perfect fit given our recent choice of artists. I'm sure everyone will be excited to receive this news."

    Of course, Hendrix is bound to be pretty decomposed by now, but that didn't deter Goodell's enthusiasm.

    "We'll probably need some makeup, but that's okay. Plus, plastic surgery these days can work miracles," he said.

    Preparation to unearth the axe-swinging rocker will commence soon. Meanwhile, some former colleagues expressed excitement at the chance to be reunited with Hendrix.

    "I don't know why him being dead is a problem," claimed former Jimi Hendrix Experience drummer Mitch Mitchell. "People didn't mind it when Tom Petty played in Super Bowl XLIII."
    :P
    Unfortunately, Mitch Mitchell died last year. Should have quoted Buddy Miles.

  4. #4
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Re: Jimi Hendrix confrimed to play Super Bowl XLV

    With minor modifications "Hey Joe" could be performed for Ray Ray the non-tackler.

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Jimi Hendrix confrimed to play Super Bowl XLV

    Quote Originally Posted by anger 82&95
    With minor modifications "Hey Joe" could be performed for Ray Ray the non-tackler.
    Hey Ray...
    Where you goin' with that knife in your hand...
    Gonna stab Baker and Lollar...
    And then testify against some other men...

    Not going way down south...
    To Disney World as MVP...
    Dilfer!
    I'm goin' way up north...
    To Baltimore where I can be free ...
    Ain't no one gonna dance better than me...


    NFL player locker room talk: Discussing what can be done about racial inequality and criminal justice reform.

    Presidential locker room talk: Discussing involuntary gynecological exams.

    According to the highest office in the country, some "very fine people" marched with torches in a violent protest in Charlottesville, but participating in a non-violent protest on a football field means you are an S.O.B. who should be fired.

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Jimi Hendrix confrimed to play Super Bowl XLV

    I don't see why not, Keith Richards has been dead for years and he's still performing...

  7. #7
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Re: Jimi Hendrix confrimed to play Super Bowl XLV

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by anger 82&95
    With minor modifications "Hey Joe" could be performed for Ray Ray the non-tackler.
    Hey Ray...
    Where you goin' with that knife in your hand...
    Gonna stab Baker and Lollar...
    And then testify against some other men...

    Not going way down south...
    To Disney World as MVP...
    Dilfer!
    I'm goin' way up north...
    To Baltimore where I can be free ...
    Ain't no one gonna dance better than me...
    LMAO... Its perfect!

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: Jimi Hendrix confrimed to play Super Bowl XLV

    Quote Originally Posted by RKSteel
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch
    [url]http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d8166b4a7&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true[/url]

    The NFL decided to make an early decision regarding its chamionship game. In a statement released today, the league announced that legendary rocker Jimi Hendrix would be playing the Super Bowl halftime show.

    "We know that there may be some problems bringing him on stage, the first one being that he's dead," Commissioner Roger Goodell spoke. "However, we feel he'd be the perfect fit given our recent choice of artists. I'm sure everyone will be excited to receive this news."

    Of course, Hendrix is bound to be pretty decomposed by now, but that didn't deter Goodell's enthusiasm.

    "We'll probably need some makeup, but that's okay. Plus, plastic surgery these days can work miracles," he said.

    Preparation to unearth the axe-swinging rocker will commence soon. Meanwhile, some former colleagues expressed excitement at the chance to be reunited with Hendrix.

    "I don't know why him being dead is a problem," claimed former Jimi Hendrix Experience drummer Mitch Mitchell. "People didn't mind it when Tom Petty played in Super Bowl XLIII."
    :P
    Unfortunately, Mitch Mitchell died last year. Should have quoted Buddy Miles.
    God, everyone's a critic. :P

    My bad on the confusion between XLII and XLIII. Silly me.

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Jimi Hendrix confrimed to play Super Bowl XLV

    Quote Originally Posted by RKSteel
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch
    [url]http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d8166b4a7&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true[/url]

    The NFL decided to make an early decision regarding its chamionship game. In a statement released today, the league announced that legendary rocker Jimi Hendrix would be playing the Super Bowl halftime show.

    "We know that there may be some problems bringing him on stage, the first one being that he's dead," Commissioner Roger Goodell spoke. "However, we feel he'd be the perfect fit given our recent choice of artists. I'm sure everyone will be excited to receive this news."

    Of course, Hendrix is bound to be pretty decomposed by now, but that didn't deter Goodell's enthusiasm.

    "We'll probably need some makeup, but that's okay. Plus, plastic surgery these days can work miracles," he said.

    Preparation to unearth the axe-swinging rocker will commence soon. Meanwhile, some former colleagues expressed excitement at the chance to be reunited with Hendrix.

    "I don't know why him being dead is a problem," claimed former Jimi Hendrix Experience drummer Mitch Mitchell. "People didn't mind it when Tom Petty played in Super Bowl XLIII."
    :P
    Unfortunately, Mitch Mitchell died last year. Should have quoted Buddy Miles.
    Buddy Miles died Feb of 2008. Noel Redding died in 2003.

    Billy Cox is the only one left.

  10. #10
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Re: Jimi Hendrix confrimed to play Super Bowl XLV

    The WHO should change their name to WHY

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •