Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: should we draft a RB in rounds 1 or 2?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: should we draft a RB in rounds 1 or 2?

i wouldn't take a RB until round 3 or 4 at the earliest.

i like Chadmans idea of Lamarcus coker. If i'm not mistaken, he has the longest 2 TD runs in Tennessee history. They have had some decent backs come through there. From my understanding his biggest problem was the herb.

definitely worth a flyer late.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti

i like Chadmans idea of Lamarcus coker. If i'm not mistaken, he has the longest 2 TD runs in Tennessee history. They have had some decent backs come through there. From my understanding his biggest problem was the herb.

I guess when your last name is Coker, you're bound to have some drug issues...

LaMarcus Coker - RB - Hampton
    By Joe Everett on Wednesday, 3rd February 2010

This former Tennessee Volunteer was dismissed from the program for violating the school’s drug policy, which led to his eventual transfer to Hampton.

LaMarcus Coker was actually a starter over former Volunteer RB gone pro, Arian Foster,and he has a great combination size and speed. He has been timed in the 4.3-range and at 200+ lbs, that’s a very intriguing feet that will be very closely monitored in Indianapolis.

Scouts will be very concerned with Coker’s character issues but he actually looks back on this whole experience as a teaching tool. “It was a humbling experience, and really — it might sound funny — but I’m thankful for it,” Coker said. “I think if everything would have (gone) smoothly at UT and I was in the NFL now, I might have had those problems that you see guys like (Adam) ‘Pacman’ Jones and Plaxico Burress having, career-ending issues. I think that my time at Hampton — the Lord sent me here to give me time to mature and grow.”

School: Hampton
    Position: RB
    Year: Senior
    Hometown: Nashville, TN
    Date of Birth: 06.26.86
    Height: 5?10?
    Weight: 205
    40 T: 4.30
    Projection: 5th Round
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I think logan goes down way too easy to be considered an option on the offense.

i knwo that he's small, but others players that small seem to me like they have better balance or are a little better built to withstand an arm tackle or subytle contact

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I would pass on any running back until the 4th or later unless a freak drops.

would you draft Anthony Dixon or Joe McKnight in the 3rd round?
    Ugh...I have really mixed feelings about that. I really like both backs. I think Dixon is a better fit. He would help us significantly in the red zone. Personally though I would rather have Gerhart in the 4th than either of those guys in the 3rd. I really want to see a 1..2..3 defensive push...then take some chances elsewhere.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti

I guess when your last name is Coker, you're bound to have some drug issues...

LaMarcus Coker - RB - Hampton
    By Joe Everett on Wednesday, 3rd February 2010

This former Tennessee Volunteer was dismissed from the program for violating the school’s drug policy, which led to his eventual transfer to Hampton.

LaMarcus Coker was actually a starter over former Volunteer RB gone pro, Arian Foster,and he has a great combination size and speed. He has been timed in the 4.3-range and at 200+ lbs, that’s a very intriguing feet that will be very closely monitored in Indianapolis.

Scouts will be very concerned with Coker’s character issues but he actually looks back on this whole experience as a teaching tool. “It was a humbling experience, and really — it might sound funny — but I’m thankful for it,” Coker said. “I think if everything would have (gone) smoothly at UT and I was in the NFL now, I might have had those problems that you see guys like (Adam) ‘Pacman’ Jones and Plaxico Burress having, career-ending issues. I think that my time at Hampton — the Lord sent me here to give me time to mature and grow.”

School: Hampton
    Position: RB
    Year: Senior
    Hometown: Nashville, TN
    Date of Birth: 06.26.86
    Height: 5?10?
    Weight: 205
    40 T: 4.30
    Projection: 5th Round
    He talks a good game...would love to consider a guy like this in the 5th.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

why do criminals always cite the lord for putting them in these positions? they also always tend to find the lord when it means either getting out of jail or making money. then the lord mysteriously puts them in the same situation afterwards....

Starter

User Info Menu

If you have ever seen him play than you are aware that the Mccluster kid is the truth.

He runs considerably "bigger" than his size would seem to dictate that he would be able to. And even though he's extremely quick with considerable top end speed,...he does not do a lot of "twinkle toe" dancing because he's weary of contact and he attacks running lanes.

Add these things with the facts that he could add to the return game as well as play some slot receiver,..and you've got a very dynamic prospect on your hands.

He's going to be a real steal for the team that selects him IMO. And if we were able to land him by trading up high in the third using our third and one of our fifths,....i'd be more than good with that move.
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...lCzar76Sig.jpg

"We’ll have a mix-and-match concept that hopefully will see us through.” ~Tomlin

Administrator

User Info Menu

Just say..

No, and No.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

The running game is passe in the NFL and having two first rounders or a first and second rounder on your roster is asinine. Draft an RB in the 4th or later or sign a FA to work with Mendy. A first and a second is too high a price to pay at a position that has lost value and importance. Clearly, yo do not need to be able to run the football one lick to be successful in the NFL any longer, as a matter of fact, your running back had better be able to catch or he's a wasted spot on the roster.

Throw it, throw it, throw it and then just when you have them set up, throw it again, it's the NFL these days.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    why do criminals always cite the lord for putting them in these positions? they also always tend to find the lord when it means either getting out of jail or making money. then the lord mysteriously puts them in the same situation afterwards....

I'm not sure why it would matter to you where a person finds some strength. With some guys it's lip service...no doubt. But, with some they find some strength and ability to change through belief in a higher power. I don't think it's our place to judge their motives. Just my 2 cents.
    Trolls are people too.