Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: should we draft a RB in rounds 1 or 2?

Hall of Famer

Re: should we draft a RB in rounds 1 or 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    why do criminals always cite the lord for putting them in these positions? they also always tend to find the lord when it means either getting out of jail or making money. then the lord mysteriously puts them in the same situation afterwards....

I'm not sure why it would matter to you where a person finds some strength. With some guys it's lip service...no doubt. But, with some they find some strength and ability to change through belief in a higher power. I don't think it's our place to judge their motives. Just my 2 cents.
    well, i worked in a prison for 4 years and if you saw as many repeat offenders who "found jesus" the first time they were incararated it'd annoy you too. and btw, cheer up
    https://cex.io/r/0/birtikidis/0/
    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    why do criminals always cite the lord for putting them in these positions? they also always tend to find the lord when it means either getting out of jail or making money. then the lord mysteriously puts them in the same situation afterwards....

I'm not sure why it would matter to you where a person finds some strength. With some guys it's lip service...no doubt. But, with some they find some strength and ability to change through belief in a higher power. I don't think it's our place to judge their motives. Just my 2 cents.
    well, i worked in a prison for 4 years and if you saw as many repeat offenders who "found jesus" the first time they were incararated it'd annoy you too. and btw, cheer up
    I'm just fine but I appreciate the concern. I am around that kind of stuff myself. Working in an rural er where we have a tremendous amount of drug abuse...I see it daily. I have seen alot of people "find jesus" only to be back to the same nonsense. But, I have also seen people get better and improve. Maybe your population bias has jaded you a bit....happens to the best of us.
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

Hall of Famer

well, i don't expect much from people that are incarcerated (both because of who they are and i know the system does not rehab people). but what really annoys me is these guys in college (the Pacmans, burress', and such) who only find jesus when it means millions of dollars.
    https://cex.io/r/0/birtikidis/0/
    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    The running game is passe in the NFL and having two first rounders or a first and second rounder on your roster is asinine. Draft an RB in the 4th or later or sign a FA to work with Mendy. A first and a second is too high a price to pay at a position that has lost value and importance. Clearly, yo do not need to be able to run the football one lick to be successful in the NFL any longer, as a matter of fact, your running back had better be able to catch or he's a wasted spot on the roster.

Throw it, throw it, throw it and then just when you have them set up, throw it again, it's the NFL these days.

Pappy

but didn't Mr Rooney just come out and say that we are going to re-establish the run more once again? didn't Arians almost lose his job over the fact we don't run effectively a lot of games?

to do so we need improvement in the OL and we need runners that run hard...if Mendy gets hurt, who do you have behind him besides Mewelde that you feel comfortable with?

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    The running game is passe in the NFL and having two first rounders or a first and second rounder on your roster is asinine. Draft an RB in the 4th or later or sign a FA to work with Mendy. A first and a second is too high a price to pay at a position that has lost value and importance. Clearly, yo do not need to be able to run the football one lick to be successful in the NFL any longer, as a matter of fact, your running back had better be able to catch or he's a wasted spot on the roster.

Throw it, throw it, throw it and then just when you have them set up, throw it again, it's the NFL these days.

Pappy

but didn't Mr Rooney just come out and say that we are going to re-establish the run more once again? didn't Arians almost lose his job over the fact we don't run effectively a lot of games?

to do so we need improvement in the OL and we need runners that run hard...if Mendy gets hurt, who do you have behind him besides Mewelde that you feel comfortable with?
    We don't have anybody that I'm comfortable with behind Mendenhall. Unless, the NFL changes the rules to give teams a reason to re-establish the run as something more than simply passing time in a football game having two 1st round picks or a 1st and second on your roster is wasting a premium draft position, IMO.

Rooney wants them to run the more effectively, not more often. Tomlin ran Parker until the wheels fell off and now Parker is going to be looking for work. A quality running back that can be your backup if the starter is injured can be found in rounds 3-7 (would actually prefer they wait until round 4, but wouldn't be disappointed if they took one in the third). Drafting a player who would only see the field in the case of injury or maybe 6-8 touches per game in the first round just doesn't seem prudent to me.

Mendy is young, so, it's not like we'd be drafting his replacement this year.

Too many other areas of the team need immediate help to draft a WR, RB or TE in the first or second round this year. Just my - .18 on the subject.

Pappy

1.15) Ra'Shede Hageman - DE
    2.46) Jason Verrett - CB
    3.97) CJ Fiedorowicz - TE
    3.118 ) Brandon Coleman - WR
    4.157) Lamin Barrow - ILB
    5.173) Terrance Mitchell - CB
    5.192)
    6.215) Jay Bromley - DT
    7.230)

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Hall of Famer

the steelers always draft the best player available in the early rounds. if spiller is there at 18 i dont think they will pass on him. he will make an imediate impact in three area's of the game!! that is a ton of value in one pick. i hope the steelers really focus on re-building the secondary and d-line but why not do that later in the draft? if spiller isnt there at 18 then i think the steelers would be best to wait a few rounds to draft a rb. one thing is very certain though the steelers only have 2 capable rb's on their current roster and thats a little scary

first or 2nd?

NO.

I hope that helps.

Mock 3.0
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
    3. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
    4. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    5. Zachariah Kerr, NT, Delaware
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    6. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
    6a Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
    7. Kaleb Ramsey, DE, Boston College

2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    the steelers always draft the best player available in the early rounds. if spiller is there at 18 i dont think they will pass on him. he will make an imediate impact in three area's of the game!! that is a ton of value in one pick. i hope the steelers really focus on re-building the secondary and d-line but why not do that later in the draft? if spiller isnt there at 18 then i think the steelers would be best to wait a few rounds to draft a rb. one thing is very certain though the steelers only have 2 capable rb's on their current roster and thats a little scary

I have to agree. I don't see how anyone can complain about getting a player in Round 1 who can immediately contribute as a rookie in three different phases of the game: Run, Receive and return. It would be a hard pick to fault especially given that we are very, very thin with RBs. Additionally, a RB would contribute as a rookie whereas other position like OL or defense would unlikely see the field as rookies. If they aren't going to play then use the year (or two with lockout) to get OL or defense ready to play.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

2014 Draft

1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1

I have to agree. I don't see how anyone can complain about getting a player in Round 1 who can immediately contribute as a rookie in three different phases of the game: Run, Receive and return. It would be a hard pick to fault especially given that we are very, very thin with RBs. Additionally, a RB would contribute as a rookie whereas other position like OL or defense would unlikely see the field as rookies. If they aren't going to play then use the year (or two with lockout) to get OL or defense ready to play.
    Mendy. Spiller. Ward. Holmes. Wallace. Heath. I just don't think there are enough footballs to go around. Somebody will end up being underutilized, which means that the Steelers would not get good value for the Spiller pick.

Draft a RB???? It's a PASSING league now.