Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Seahawks Release Owen Schmitt

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Seahawks Release Owen Schmitt

Dream on folks. In case you just woke up, Brewce "Screw-us" Arains is STILL our OC. No doubt Schmitt will improve one of our rival opponents while we keep using te's in the backfield in some bizarro sets which waste #83's hands of soft cotton balls layered with contact cement. Your vision's of a big bruising FB pancaking Ray Lewis out of the gap as Delicious rus'Hard menden'Haul glides though the clearing behind him are sure nice to daydream about

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    I can't believe that you guys used the words Fullback and Arians in the same sentence....

good point, don't you guys know that Bruce Arians doesn't believe in Fullbacks?
    And yet Carey Davis remains gainfully employed. For whatever reason, Arians is not a fan of true lead-blocking FB's like we used during Bettis' prime. He likes multi-dimensional FB's who can run a bit, catch a bit, act as a 3rd TE if needed, etc. Schmitt meets all of those Arians' criteria.

yeah, when you're a FB and you have to block Ray Lewis who is filling the hole it helps to be a "multi-dimensional FB who can run a bit, catch a bit, act as a 3rd TE if needed, etc."

how about you know how to block?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I can't believe that you guys used the words Fullback and Arians in the same sentence....

And yet Carey Davis remains gainfully employed. For whatever reason, Arians is not a fan of true lead-blocking FB's like we used during Bettis' prime. He likes multi-dimensional FB's who can run a bit, catch a bit, act as a 3rd TE if needed, etc. Schmitt meets all of those Arians' criteria.

yeah, when you're a FB and you have to block Ray Lewis who is filling the hole it helps to be a "multi-dimensional FB who can run a bit, catch a bit, act as a 3rd TE if needed, etc."

Um he can block...
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[youtube:1w4n655q]IuqyyEVGFUo&[/youtube:1w4n655q]
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

Based on Art Rooney II's comments if Bruce Arians wants to stay gainfully employed by the Pittsburgh Steelers he needs to find a way to run the ball more effectively. A blocking fullback is a step in the right direction.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

I didn't say that I necessarily agree with it...I just know what Arians tends to like...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We passed on the last player to come out of Seattle, Leonard Weaver, who had a fairly successful campaign with the Eagles. Now out comes Holy Schmitt. Is St. Arians brother the OC for the Seahags? Lets not remind them they havent had a RB since Alexander...maybe they will keep blaming their FBs for their lack of a running game and drop them into the FA pile every year!
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I haven't had a chnace to look today but has anything been officially announced yet?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would bring him in for a look.

But don't forget about PSU McHugh.

He was on IR and is a good lead blocker/receiving threat. (just not much of a runner).
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

No thanks...I wonder why he is being let go?
    Maybe Seattle is moving in our direction and wants to actually move the ball down the field and score points? LOL!!!

and he is from WVU... does he have off-field issue's?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"