Thread: Dave Shula

Pro Bowler

Dave Shula

Just watched a reply of Man Vs. Food live. I love that show. anyway, Adam was taking on the 48 oz steak at Shula's Steakhouse in Miami. I didn't realize that Dave Shula now manages the restaurant for his dad. I'm wondering if anyone knows the story behind that. Was he just simply a terrible head coach? He must have had some success prior to cincy - although they are such an inept organization they may have hired him solely due to his last name. Was he a good coach before and going to cincy totally sucked the ability out of him? was the experience so bad he walked away from the NFL on his own accord? Was he forced out of the NFL and had nowhere to go - thus relying on his Dad to provide him with the chance to make a living?

so many questions.....lol.

Legend

Re: Dave Shula

Managing a family business will be far more lucrative for Dave than an NFL career. The businesses that Shuler the elder has set up will be multi-generational sources of wealth for his family. No shame in what Dave is doing plus less headaches.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Managing a family business will be far more lucrative for Dave than an NFL career. The businesses that Shuler the elder has set up will be multi-generational sources of wealth for his family. No shame in what Dave is doing plus less headaches.
    Right. Shula's Steakhouse is a franchise. I don't know how many there are. But, there was one in Cleveland (where Don went to college) when I lived there. At any rate, Dave is an owner too I believe. He doesn't just run a restaurant.
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter
    Was he just simply a terrible head coach?
    Yes...