Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ladies and Gentlemen, presenting the 2010 Hall of Fame:

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen, presenting the 2010 Hall of Fame:

The HOF is officially a joke as far as I'm concerned. Russ Grimm in the HOF before Dermontti Dawson? Yea, right, a player who is debated among those that have played and coached against him as the best ever at his position gets left out for a player that had a very good career, but will never be talked about as the best offensive guard ever.

It's a joke and biased against Steelers.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

D!ck Lebeau

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Maybe next year for Dirt (he did make the top 10 at least).
    Yep, he's getting closer. IMO, it'll happen sooner or later....but this is long, long overdue.

Congrats, Coach LeBeau!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    The HOF is officially a joke as far as I'm concerned. Russ Grimm in the HOF before Dermontti Dawson? Yea, right, a player who is debated among those that have played and coached against him as the best ever at his position gets left out for a player that had a very good career, but will never be talked about as the best offensive guard ever.

Pappy
    I agree with you that the HOF selection process is becoming a joke.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon

Pappy
    +1 I'm floored Grimm got in instead of Dawson.

Dawson is the Jerry Rice of linemen. Heck that may even belittle how good Dirt was.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yes but this is Richard LeBeau's year. As usual the pipes are clogged with Steelers and we can only really honor one at a time. D will get his due credit soon and wont have to share the stage with a man who contributed 51 years of excellance to the NFL.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel
    Yes but this is Richard LeBeau's year. As usual the pipes are clogged with Steelers and we can only really honor one at a time. D will get his due credit soon and wont have to share the stage with a man who contributed 51 years of excellance to the NFL.
    He was selected as a player. He played for the Lions. It has nothing to do with the number of Steelers.

Dawson didn't get in because Rice and Smith were locks and there were only 3 other spots to fill. Dawson seems to face some very tough competition every year.

I believe Grimm is the first "HOG" to get in, right? I believe the voters felt they needed to put one of those guys in since they were all so well known for so many years.

Of course when I hear "HOG" in reference to the Redskins I don't even think of the O linemen...I think of the fat fans who wear dresses and put on pig noses.