Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SB party!

Legend

User Info Menu

SB party!

What are you all doing for the (not so) big game?

We're going to a friend's house, but the kids are sick, so it may be off. We'll probably be here instead. I might go fishing if the snow is not bad.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: SB party!

Everyone's coming over to my place (my parents, her parents, my brother and sister, two other couples and their kids). I don't mind doing it when it is two teams that I really don't care all that much about. I wouldn't want all those people in my house with me if the Steelers were playing (and I didn't have tickets), though, since I would need to be able to concentrate on the game without all of those party distractions...probably just my parents and that's it, since my Dad and I always go to the games together anyway.

Last year, my wife still threw our usual Super Bowl party with everyone even though my brother and I were in Tampa. I tried calling them at halftime (immediately following the Harrison INT TD) and at the end of the game (when they were reviewing the Santonio TD) but we could hardly hear each other due to the noise in the stadium at those times. I believe that was the first time I ever used the texting feature on my phone, so that I could get my game thoughts across to my father since he was unable to hear me at those vital moments of the game.

Anyway, we got wings, pizzas, giant sandwich, various dips, chips, soft pretzels, sundae bar, etc.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Everyone's coming over to my place (my parents, her parents, my brother and sister, two other couples and their kids). I don't mind doing it when it is two teams that I really don't care all that much about. I wouldn't want all those people in my house with me if the Steelers were playing (and I didn't have tickets), though, since I would need to be able to concentrate on the game without all of those party distractions...probably just my parents and that's it, since my Dad and I always go to the games together anyway.

Last year, my wife still threw our usual Super Bowl party with everyone even though my brother and I were in Tampa. I tried calling them at halftime (immediately following the Harrison INT TD) and at the end of the game (when they were reviewing the Santonio TD) but we could hardly hear each other due to the noise in the stadium at those times. I believe that was the first time I ever used the texting feature on my phone, so that I could get my game thoughts across to my father since he was unable to hear me at those vital moments of the game.

Anyway, we got wings, pizzas, giant sandwich, various dips, chips, soft pretzels, sundae bar, etc.

great food choices, what time should i be at your house?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

great food choices, what time should i be at your house?
    We are gathering at 5:30 (Eastern Standard Time, not Hawaiian Time). You may come if you promose to take me back with you when you go home (bring some poi with you...that would add to the menu).

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Being in Indiana, I chose to attend the party with the fewest Colts fans (I think it should be more palatable that way)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

A couple from my Bible study are having a party with everyone bringing something to share. From the looks of it, there appears to be fairly even rooting interest among those that I know are coming. I'm just hoping for a good game as I don't have a dog in the hunt.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm having a solo party in a Dallas hotel room. Rock on!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm sitting at home with the wife and savoring the last football game for a very... very long time.

<sigh>

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, me and the two boys spent 3.5 hours shoveling snow today (Saturday) we moved about 1000 square feet of snow that was over 30 inches high. Mrs. Pappy being the good soldier that she is planning on making wings, nachos and provide some cheese and crackers for just the four of us to indulge in while we watch the Super Bowl.

First we'll take in our older son's indoor soccer game at 4:00 and then venture home for the Super Bowl, boring, but without the Steelers it really isn't that big of a deal.

Of course, if the Colts win and the total score is 53 or less the Pappys will be celebrating, because, Mrs. Pappy will have won about $1500.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Last year I was in the 'Burgh surrounded by hundreds of Steelers fans. It was awesome!

This year I'll be watching it here by myself. That's what I usually do. No distractions that way.