Thread: 2011 Work Stoppage

Legend

User Info Menu

2011 Work Stoppage

Will there be a season? I know little about all of this...and would like to be educated.

Discuss.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: 2011 Work Stoppage

hey Shawn,

please check out the thread entitled " whose fault is this - players or owners"?

there's some good info there regarding this topic.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Cool will do.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If this happens, I will NEVER EVER EVER watch the NFL again!!

I will just become a big fan of Local Division III and high school football
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe

I live about two miles from CSU Fort Collins, which is Joey Porter's alma mater. I might just get happy about them instead.

There's always more hunting and fishing to do, as well.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe

Let's not overreact here. There were player strikes in 1982 and 1987. We kept watching afterward. If there is a lockout in 2011, we will still watch afterward.

The entire 2004-2005 hockey season was wiped out because of a lockout (first time a major sport cancelled a complete season, and the first time the Stanley Cup was not awarded since 1919), but I still watch hockey now.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think I've heard it's a virtual certainty that there will be a work stoppage. I don't know much about the NFL situation, etc. But in terms of our economy, I'm sure that there will be HUGE differences of opinion. In general, people think (and are led to believe) that this recession is just another recession (a temporary blip)... I think it's quite contrary. I think we are about to experience a dramatic (long-term) contraction in our standard of living.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    I think I've heard it's a virtual certainty that there will be a work stoppage. I don't know much about the NFL situation, etc. But in terms of our economy, I'm sure that there will be HUGE differences of opinion. In general, people think (and are led to believe) that this recession is just another recession (a temporary blip)... I think it's quite contrary. I think we are about to experience a dramatic (long-term) contraction in our standard of living.
    I don't see how anyone would know it's a virtual certaintly. It's all speculation at this point. I'll believe it when I see it.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    I think I've heard it's a virtual certainty that there will be a work stoppage.
    And a couple of weeks after the NFL announces this, Directv will announce their annual price increase for Sunday Ticket.