Thread: 1st Round Mock with Trades

Pro Bowler

1st Round Mock with Trades

What can I say, it's a really sloooow week at work. Here is just the 1st round with trades that I think will happen:

2010 1st Round Mock Draft with Trades

First Round

1. St. Louis Rams: Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska - Rams go with the smart option. They toy with taking a QB but ultimately take Suh.

2. Detroit Lions: Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma - A defensive head coach like Schwartz knows the importance of a dominant DT.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State - After losing Antonio Bryant in FA, they select Dez Bryant to replace him.

4. Washington Redskins: Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame - Although they need offensive line help badly, they go with Clausen instead.

5. Kansas City Chiefs: Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama - Scott Pioli gets a LB to lead their defense for the next decade in McClain.

6. Seattle Seahawks: Eric Berry, S, Tennessee - Pete Carroll can't let a playmaker like Eric Berry slip past his pick.

7. Cleveland Browns: Joe Haden, CB, Florida - With Ben Roethlisberger, Carson Palmer and Joe Flacco in the division the Browns brass decide to upgrade their sub-par secondary. Eric Wright makes a lot better #2 CB, where he played fairly well when Boden was still around.

8. Oakland Raiders: Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State - Raiders need help on both sides of the Line. They have neglected the OT position as of late and will try to fix that by selecting Okung.

*** Trade ****
    The Buffalo Bills trade #8 and #72 (3rd Round) picks to the Seattle Seahawks for the #14 and #40 (2nd Round) picks
    Bills: 1,350 (# + 230 (#72) = 1,580
    Seahawks: 1,100 (#14) + 500 (#40) = 1,600

9. Seattle Seahawks (Via Buffalo Bills): Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma - The Hasselbeck era is all but done. New Management will want a new signal caller to start over with.

*** Trade ***
    The Denver Broncos trade the #10 pick to the NY Giants for the #15 pick and Osi Umenyiora

10/11. New York Giants (Via Denver f/Chicago): Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech - After trading Osi, the Giants select Morgan to beef up their pass rush.

10/11. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida - Jags need to upgrade their pass rush and while I like Brandon Graham more, I think the Jags go with JPP here instead. Jags wanted Morgan but the Giants move up to take him right before they can.

12. Miami Dolphins: Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee - Jason Ferguson is near/at retirement. So the Dolphins upgrade their D-Line with Williams.

13. San Fransisco 49ers: Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan - Manny Lawson just isn't getting enough pressure. They also need a CB but at 13 they'll hold off on taking a CB.

14. Buffalo Bills (Via Seahawks f/Denver): Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers - Bills need help at the Tackle position. They take the big road grater in Davis.

15. Denver Broncos: Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech - With Marshall pretty much gone, the Broncos draft a big talented receiver to replace him. Thomas isn't being projected by anyone at this point to go this high, but like all drafts there are always a couple of shockers.

16/17. San Fransisco 49ers (Via Carolina): Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland - 49ers signed Marvel Smith in the offseason as a stop gap that didn't work out. Campbell will be a nice upgrade for them.

16/17. Tennessee Titans: Brian Price, DT, UCLA - Price will provide a nice upgrade for their D-Line.

18. Pittsburgh Steelers: Earl Thomas, S, Texas - Earl Thomas needs to add some bulk but his playmaking abilites make it hard for the Steelers to pass up on him.

19/20. Atlanta Falcons: Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri - After losing Booking and Boley last offseason the Falcons LB Corps wasn't as good. Weatherspoon is a versatile LB that will make an immediate impact on any defense.

19/20. Houston Texans: Taylor Mays, S, USC - Texans need help at the Safety position where they had John Busing starting at one point.

*** Trade ***
    Cincinnati Bengals trade the #21 pick to the San Diego Chargers for the #28 and #60 (3rd Round) picks
    Bengals: 800 (#21)
    Chargers: 660 (#2 + 136 (#60) = 796

21. San Diego Chargers: C.J. Spiller, RB/WR/KR, Clemson - Chargers need a replacement for LT. Spiller is a versatile back who will be great in the Chargers often run screen play.

22. New England Patriots: Everson Griffen, DE, USC - Although Mt. Cody will be tempting the Patriots go with the 3-4 DE to replace the hole left by Richard Seymour.

23. Green Bay Packers: Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa - I'm very high on Bulaga. I think the Packers will be very lucky if he falls to them.

24. Philadelphia Eagles: Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida - Eagles need someone else that can rush the passer to take the pressure off Trent Cole. Dunlap has a lot of upside at this pick.

*** Trade ***
    The Baltimore Ravens trade the #25 pick and a conditional 2011 2nd/3rd Round Pick to the Denver Broncos for Brandon Marshall

25. Denver Broncos (Via Baltimore): Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma - After the falling out with Tony Scheffler the Broncos select the dynamic TE from Oklahoma.

26. Arizona Cardinals: Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama - Cardinals address the D-Line after getting killed defensively in the playoffs.

27. Dallas Cowboys: Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame - Crayton and Roy Williams were too inconsistent throughout the season. Tate comes in and provides a solid #2 across from Miles Austin.

28. Cincinnati Bengals: Damian Williams, WR, USC - After trading back the Bengals still get the guy they were targetting in Damian Williams. Gresham will be a great TE, but he isn't the best fit for the Bengals system (Anthony McCoy is the guy they want). Golden Tate is being mocked by many people as well for the Bengals but they are looking for taller receivers after losing TJ Houshmandzadeh and Chris Henry.

29. New York Jets: Jared Odrick, DT/DE, Penn State - Solid 3-4 DE to help that front line.

30. Minnesota Vikings: Donovan Warren, CB, Michigan - Antonie Winfield is 32 years old and had a tough time staying healthy last season. Warren will provide some added depth to their secondary.

31/32. Indianapolis Colts: Charles Brown, OT, USC - Although the Colts don't usually use 1st round picks on the O-Line, I think they will with Brown still on the board.

31/32. New Orleans Saints: Navorro Bowman, LB, Penn State - Saints could use some help at the OLB position.

Hall of Famer

Re: 1st Round Mock with Trades

Nice work. Good explanations too. I'm not sure if that many WRs will go so high in the first, but it is possible. It seems like WR is one of those positions that there is usually a run on. Once they start to go, they go in bunches. So, it is possible.

I'd hate it if the Ravens got Brandon Marshall. It makes me nauseous to think about.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.