Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saints Fans

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Saints Fans

Listening to NFL Radio...and this Saints fan regular caller came on there and you can just hear the excitement in his voice. He's singing and hootin and hollerin. I'm really excited for Saints fans and am pulling for them even though I think the Colts will win.

Me not being alive for the Steel Curtain days, I can relate to how Saints fans feel. Going to Detroit to be a part of the atmosphere of XL was just a great feeling. That nervous feeling in my gut of potentially witnessing my team win the big one for the first time is a feeling that will never happen again. The second time around for XLIII couldn't compare to that hysteria I had leading up to XL.

Here's to Saints fans...hope you realize how awesome it is for your team to be labeled Super Bowl Champs!
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Saints Fans

New Orleans is a fantastic city. The culture, music, restaurants, and architecture are fantastic. It is a lot more than Bourbon street (which can be fun too). I feel for the people there. Drew Brees is a great guy and so much fun to watch. I hope the Saints and New Orleans come out on top.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i would love to see the saints win, they have been an awful team for most years the franchise has been in around. i've only been to new orleans once but i wasnt all that impressed. i thought it was pretty ghetto and kind of a dump. i'd take the burgh, boston or nyc over N.O any day

Backup

User Info Menu

I'm definitely pulling for the Saints in this one. I really don't have anything against Peyton or the Colts but I've said all year if we don't make it I'd like to see New Orleans get their 1st Lombardi. Plus I don't want to see Peyton match Ben with his second championship !

From the little coverage I've watched this week it seems like most analysts are picking the Colts. I'll tell ya I really like the Saints to win. They only sacked Favre once but hit him many times and like Peyton he was getting the ball out quick and still taking punishment. Peyton isn't nearly as mobile. I like the Saints to pressure him all day and their offense is as varied as any in the league. They could win this game many different ways on offense.

I just think the Colts are so one dimensional. Granted that one dimension is the great Peyton Manning but I don't think he'll have the same luck he did in his last SB when the Bears D sat back in coverage all day and let Peyton hit the short stuff in the sloppy weather all the way to a victory.

GO SAINTS !!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

I would normally be rooting for the Saints....

...but I'm going to root for fellow Mount Union grad Pierre Garcon to be the SB XIV MVP...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick

...but I'm going to root for fellow Mount Union grad Pierre Garcon to be the SB XIV MVP...
    How do you pronounce his name? I always assumed it was Gar-SAHN. The CBS announcers, however, in the AFC Championship game, kept calling him Gar-SONE.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick

a girl i work with actually knew garcon in college. i was shocked to find this out but he played his freshman year at norwich academy up in vermont. its mostly known as a military school and their football sucks, pretty sure it's division 3. he must of dominated at that school. i was also surprised he was like a 15-1 shot to win the mvp which is why i put $15 bucks on him

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    How do you pronounce his name? I always assumed it was Gar-SAHN. The CBS announcers, however, in the AFC Championship game, kept calling him Gar-SONE.
    Well, Garcon is a French word, it is actually spelled garçon, with the cedilla (or cedille in French) which is the little squiggly line under the letter "c"...it should be present in the word "facade", but we Americans don't use it properly...I digress...

The more accurate French (or French-Creole, as Pierre is) pronunciation is gar-SONE. The American bastardization is gar-SAHN. I have a degree in French and I still say gar-SAHN when I refer to him in football conversation....I should know better...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's a little messed up Archie Manning can't enjoy a SB for the Saints. Maybe it's karma...
    What if this is the last visit for Peyton and he gets abused by the Saints D?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    It's a little messed up Archie Manning can't enjoy a SB for the Saints. Maybe it's karma...
    What if this is the last visit for Peyton and he gets abused by the Saints D?
    Uhmm, I'd be Ok with that!!

Archie Manning (from Wiki)
    NFL career

After his college career at Ole Miss, Manning was drafted in the 1971 NFL Draft by the New Orleans Saints with the second overall selection. Manning played for the Saints for ten full seasons, none of them winning. Nevertheless, he was well respected by NFL peers; Sports Illustrated senior writer Paul Zimmerman recalls opposing defensive linemen, "Jack Youngblood in particular" taking it easy on the poorly protected Manning.[5][6]

For his part Manning seemed to appreciate Youngblood's kindness, telling the Los Angeles Times, on September 23, 1974, "The Rams front four is the best I ever faced . . . I've got to say that Youngblood was nice enough to pick me up every time he knocked my (butt) off." Today, Manning jokes that Youngblood's career would not have been as successful without him, "I really should be his presenter. He wouldn’t have gotten in [to the Hall of Fame] without having me to sack."[7]

In 1972 he led the league in pass attempts and completions, and led the National Football Conference in passing yards, though the team's record was only 2–11–1. In 1978, he was named the NFC Player Of The Year by UPI after leading the Saints to a 7–9 record. That same year, Archie was also named All-NFC by both the UPI and The Sporting News.

Manning was selected to the Pro Bowl in 1978 and 1979. He went on to conclude his career with the Houston Oilers (1982-1983), and the Minnesota Vikings (1983–1984), where the teams posted a collective record of 6-35. He ended his 13-year career having completed 2,011 of 3,642 passes for 23,911 yards and 125 touchdowns, with 173 interceptions. He also rushed for 2,197 yards and 18 touchdowns. His 2,011 completions ranked 17th in NFL history upon his retirement. His record as a starter was 35–101–3 (26.3%), the worst in NFL history among QB's with at least 100 starts.[8]
    I guess you had to be there to know, but I don't see why Archie Manning is considered such a QB god. He reads more like Vinnie Testaverde than anything else - lots of yards, lots of interceptions, lots of losses. Is there more to the story or something, anybody know?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!