Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saints Fans

Legend

Re: Saints Fans

The Saints were awful before Manning and they were awful after him. It took them 20 years to have a winning season - 1987 is when they finally posted a winning record.

It wasn't Manning's fault they were so bad. He was a battler who had to take a lot of chances. Unfortunately most of them didn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    How do you pronounce his name? I always assumed it was Gar-SAHN. The CBS announcers, however, in the AFC Championship game, kept calling him Gar-SONE.
    Well, Garcon is a French word, it is actually spelled garçon, with the cedilla (or cedille in French) which is the little squiggly line under the letter "c"...it should be present in the word "facade", but we Americans don't use it properly...I digress...

The more accurate French (or French-Creole, as Pierre is) pronunciation is gar-SONE. The American bastardization is gar-SAHN. I have a degree in French and I still say gar-SAHN when I refer to him in football conversation....I should know better...
    You have an entire degree in French? That's a little unusual.

I don't think I've ever even heard anyone pronounce it Gar-SAHN. I've known the Gar-SOHN pronounciation since high school French class. Doesn't it mean "boy"...as in servant boy or waiter? Nice name.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    The Saints were awful before Manning and they were awful after him. It took them 20 years to have a winning season - 1987 is when they finally posted a winning record.

It wasn't Manning's fault they were so bad. He was a battler who had to take a lot of chances. Unfortunately most of them didn't work out.
    And who did the Saints beat to secure their first winning season?

http://www.nytimes.com/1987/11/30/sport ... gewanted=1

Starter

As a native born son of Louisiana, I am going to for one weekend (and one weekend only) trade in this black and gold...

for this black and gold...

GEAUX SAINTS!