Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NFL Mock Draft: PewterReport.com

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: NFL Mock Draft: PewterReport.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    I would really be sick if we passed on Dan Williams, Earl Thomas, Taylor Mays and even Jared Odrick in order to pick Bryan Bulaga. To me, it would make no sense at all. We need help on defense in several positions. Give the new OL coach a chance to make our OL better.
    i agree with the exception of mays. if either thomas or williams are still there we will grab one of them. is anyone else surprised at how low mardy gillyard is in these mock drafts? i would rate him #1 or 2 out of all the wr's. i dont think tate is better than gillyard or dez bryant

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    I would really be sick if we passed on Dan Williams, Earl Thomas, Taylor Mays and even Jared Odrick in order to pick Bryan Bulaga. To me, it would make no sense at all. We need help on defense in several positions. Give the new OL coach a chance to make our OL better.
    i agree with the exception of mays. if either thomas or williams are still there we will grab one of them. is anyone else surprised at how low mardy gillyard is in these mock drafts? i would rate him #1 or 2 out of all the wr's. i dont think tate is better than gillyard or dez bryant
    Agreed...Mays has Troy's athleticism around the LOS but has Anthony Smith's cover skills and lapses in coverage. I will say no thanks. He will be drafted high...some team will bite on all that athleticism...just hope it's not the Steelers.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    The Bills taking Bruce Campbell confused me. Didn't the Bills start 2 rookie OL's (I thought both T's) this year? From what we've read about Kugler, that line didn't do extremely terrible so I'm not sure they would bypass upgrading other positions to take a position they already have decent youth at.
    The Bills drafted Eric Wood in Round 1 and Andy Levitre in round 2. Both started last year and were successful as rookies, but both are interior o-linemen (Wood was the 2nd ranked center who can also play guard, and Levitre was the top ranked guard in last year's draft). After trading away Jason Peters to Philly and cutting Langston Walker, they did not have any legit OT's (and even less after their rash of injuries).

Unless Clausen or Bradford fall to #9, I would be surprised if Buffalo did not take an OT early in this draft (I think Russell Okung, Anthony Davis, Bruce Campbell, Bryan Bulaga, or Trent Williams will be a Bill, depending on who is already off the board in picks 1-8, and who they have ranked the highest among the remaining available OT's).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Cody at #12...interesting.

We won't pass on Thomas if he is still there.
    Yea, Cody at 12 and no Dan Williams. I'd say strange, rather than interesting.
    Cody has more upside...he is more of a force in the middle. It doesn't shock me a bit. I think teams will be less concerned about his weight than we are.
    He is a risk to go both up and more importantly out.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Cody at #12...interesting.

We won't pass on Thomas if he is still there.
    Yea, Cody at 12 and no Dan Williams. I'd say strange, rather than interesting.
    Cody has more upside...he is more of a force in the middle. It doesn't shock me a bit. I think teams will be less concerned about his weight than we are.
    OK, we'll see. The games I have watched him he has been very "underwhelming." I wanted to see a total beast just tear apart the OL, but all I saw was a very poor effort on almost every play. I agree he has a lot of upside, as well as backside, but the big question is will he ever have the desire and motivation to reach that all elusive "potential"?
    I'm not sure what people mean when they say this about Cody. Do they mean he doesn't get alot of sacks? Agreed. He doesn't get alot of push? Agreed. Doesn't get
    alot of tackles...Agreed again. Maybe that's what people are looking at. The problem? He is always double teamed. No one blocker can block him. He makes men look like boys. I wonder if a teams tried to block him with one guy all season what his stats would look like. The fact is...he is the perfect NT. He does his job and allows the LBs to do theirs. At this...there isn't anyone in college better.
    What is the value of Cody against a team like the Colts, Pats, or Saints? Those teams will spread you out and don't care if Jabba the Hut camps out in the middle of the field. We'd be in the nickel or dime the whole game and we'd need a DT to get some push or pass rush. It is hard for me to justify picking a player that won't be on the field when teams go to 3 and 4 wide receivers.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

About as much value as Hampton has to us in the dime and nickle which is zero.

It seems many of you have more of an issue with draft a NT in the first rather than Cody.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood

What is the value of Cody against a team like the Colts, Pats, or Saints? Those teams will spread you out and don't care if Jabba the Hut camps out in the middle of the field. We'd be in the nickel or dime the whole game and we'd need a DT to get some push or pass rush. It is hard for me to justify picking a player that won't be on the field when teams go to 3 and 4 wide receivers.

Jabba the Hut would look good in the middle of our line though...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

In a league where the best teams have dynamic passing games a big slug of a NT is of marginal value. You need attacking, penetrating DL.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

In a league where the best teams have dynamic passing games a big slug of a NT is of marginal value. You need attacking, penetrating DL.
    Totally agree. Dan Williams or Jared Odrick would meet that requirement, I believe.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

you still need to be able to defend against the run, and that is exactly what the job description of a 3-4 NT in our defensive scheme is...to hold the point of attack and fight the double-teams allowing our LBers to make the play
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha