these guys actually gave their selections some thought...
NFL Mock Draft: PewterReport.com
February 4, 2010
1. St. Louis Rams- Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford *
The Rams passed on Matt Ryan and Mark Sanchez. They won't do it again.
2. Detroit Lions- Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh
Suh is the best football player in the draft. Schwartz gets his new Albert Haynesworth.
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Oklahoma DT Gerald McCoy *
A trade down is possible. Teams may want to get Claussen in front of Washington. McCoy is the best player available.
4. Washington Redskins- QB Jimmy Clausen *
There are character concerns with him, but Mike Shanahan takes guys like that.
5. Kansas City Chiefs- Oklahoma State OT Russell Okung
GM Scott Pioli has to protect his investment in QB Matt Cassel.
6. Seattle Seahawks- Tennessee S Eric Berry *
Berry is the best player available and the Seahawks could use help on defense.
7. Cleveland Browns- Florida CB Joe Haden *
The Browns grab the best cornerback in the draft.
8. Oakland Raiders- Georgia Tech DE Derrick Morgan *
Richard Seymour could leave. The Raiders need interior help and pass rush.
9. Buffalo Bills- Maryland OT Bruce Campbell *
His athleticism is off the charts. Buffalo couldn't protect the quarterback.
10. Jacksonville Jaguars- Oklahoma State WR Dez Bryant *
The Jags get a weapon, target Tim Tebow in a trade up in round two.
11. Denver Broncos (from Chicago)- Alabama LB Rolando McClain *
Denver breaks Miami's heart and takes best LB in the draft.
12. Miami Dolphins- Alabama DT Terrence Cody
The Dolphins could use a young nose tackle for its 3-4 defense.
13. San Francisco 49ers- Rutgers OT Anthony Davis *
He has some character issues, but Mike Singletary is a master motivator.
14. Seattle Seahawks (from Denver)- Clemson RB C.J. Spiller
The Seahawks could use a game-changer. Spiller is that kind of player.
15. New York Giants- UCLA DT Brian Price *
The Giants need help on their defensive line. Price is a disruptor.
16. Tennessee Titans- South Florida DE Jason Pierre-Paul *
They need a pass rusher. Pierre-Paul is thought highly of by analysts.
17. San Francisco 49ers (from Carolina)- Boise State CB Kyle Wilson
He had a great week at the Senior Bowl, and they need cornerback help.
18. Pittsburgh Steelers- Iowa OT Bryan Bulaga *
The Steelers offensive line let Ben Roethlisberger down. Bulaga is their kind of player.
19. Atlanta Falcons- Texas S Earl Thomas *
Atlanta's secondary hurt the team down the stretch. Thomas is a playmaker.
20. Houston Texans- USC S Taylor Mays
Despite a bad Senior Bowl, teams like his tools. He is an overrated prospect.
21. Green Bay Packers- Iowa OG Mike Iupati
The Packers need help along the line. Iupati could start right away for them.
22. Cincinnati Bengals- Florida TE Aaron Hernandez *
The Bengals need more weapons in the passing game. A wide out is possible.
23. New England Patriots- Florida LB Brandon Spikes
The Pats finally replace Junior Seau. Bill Belichick loves Florida's program.
24. Philadelphia Eagles- Florida DE Carlos Dunlap *
The Eagles need to improve their pass rush. Dunlap is a good fit at left end.
25. Baltimore Ravens- Notre Dame WR Golden Tate *
The Ravens could use a young replacement for Derrick Mason.
26. Arizona Cardinals- TCU DE/OLB Jerry Hughes
Arizona could use a pass rusher and Hughes can rush the quarterback.
27. Dallas Cowboys- Oklahoma OT Trent Williams
The Cowboys have an aging offensive line. Williams starts the overhaul.
28. San Diego Chargers- Georgia Tech RB Jonathan Dwyer *
This a great fit. Dwyer is perfect replacement for LaDanian Tomlinson.
29. New York Jets- Illinois WR Arrelious Benn *
The Jets get a weapon for Mark Sanchez to throw to. A CB or OLB are options.
30. Minnesota Vikings- Wake Forest CB Brandon Ghee
Cedric Griffin tore an ACL in the playoffs, corner is now a pressing issue.
31. New Orleans Saints- California DT Tyson Alualu
The Saints could use some help up front. Alualu's versatility is a good fit.
32. Indianapolis Colts- Penn State DT Jared Odrick
Odrick had some character issues, but is an excellent athlete.